PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen this on Ebay ?

Tiger Dan
01-26-2012, 12:29 PM
And is it what I think it is...... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROTARY-TATTOO-MACHINE-/180804605540?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_S M&hash=item2a18cb5664

tattoodee
01-26-2012, 12:40 PM
looks like a special tecniques but dont quote me

OwlsDen
01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
I am pretty positive that it is special Techniques. The vice nut is 100% spec tech.

Brian
01-26-2012, 12:53 PM
looks like a special tecniques but dont quote me

Sorry about the quotes....lol

It sure does look alot like a Special Technique machine but that's not one of ours...

DavidEngbaek
01-26-2012, 12:54 PM
too bad it doesnt look that cool when its in a machine bag. i might place a bid on it though

Brian
01-26-2012, 12:56 PM
I might bid on it too..lol

OwlsDen
01-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Well somebody is trying real hard to be you.

DavidEngbaek
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
not real? no bid from me now.

skinmech
01-26-2012, 02:26 PM
I know the Seller, he helped me on FB with some Old Machines I had, I will drop him a line later and see what the Spec of this Machine is ...P

Roman HM tattoomachines
01-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Inspiration is flattering, but copy is insulting! These rip offs are awefull to experience when You build machines with love and Hard work,like the guys from special tecniques,and somebody just does that!
Keep up the good work!!!
Roman

Tiger Dan
01-26-2012, 02:42 PM
I know the Seller, he helped me on FB with some Old Machines I had, I will drop him a line later and see what the Spec of this Machine is ...P

Cheers matey... would be good to know before I sell the cat for quick funds.

Brian
01-26-2012, 04:01 PM
How much for the cat?

Tiger Dan
01-27-2012, 02:24 AM
How much for the cat?

Dead or alive ?

skinmech
01-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Here ya go..This is the info I received direct from the Seller...

My Question to the Seller..."Hi, can you tell me some details on the machine, what make of motor is it running, and is it a Linear machine, or more of a Direct Drive. Looks like someone has used a Special Technique machine design for Inspiration..speak soon,Paul".

Response from Seller...Quote " hi, not sure on the motor, runs nice between 8-10v though. direct drive (swing arm bearing mounted).
looks better polished up, nice machine. not one of specials, there about a million quid each."

Seller doesn't appear to be hiding anything, and there should be a link to youtube also.........I think this machine is what it is.....P

OwlsDen
01-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Too bad they didn't tell you if they made it or bought it.

skinmech
01-27-2012, 08:56 AM
I assume if he built it he would know something about the make of motor and spec...

OwlsDen
01-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Doh, true enough.

Brian
01-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Here ya go..This is the info I received direct from the Seller...

My Question to the Seller..."Hi, can you tell me some details on the machine, what make of motor is it running, and is it a Linear machine, or more of a Direct Drive. Looks like someone has used a Special Technique machine design for Inspiration..speak soon,Paul".

Response from Seller...Quote " hi, not sure on the motor, runs nice between 8-10v though. direct drive (swing arm bearing mounted).
looks better polished up, nice machine. not one of specials, there about a million quid each."

Seller doesn't appear to be hiding anything, and there should be a link to youtube also.........I think this machine is what it is.....P

skinmech, Since you have an open line of communication with this seller I would appreciate it if you ask him to place in his auction text that this machine is not a Special Technique machine. I have sent him a message requesting this but it might help if more than one person did this. All I want him to do is state it's not one of our machines or I will have the auction removed from eBay..

That machine is a blatant copy pulled right out of our year book, I don't mind so much but I concerned someone may bid and buy the machine thinking it's one of ours..

I do believe the seller built this machine or knows who did because I followed his purchase history and he has been buying all of the raw stock to build that machine as well as tools.. I also believe he is hoping buyers think it's one of our machines even though he is not openly claiming this..

I may have to start a thread for builders to chat about where the line is regarding inspiration or copying of others work. Certainly it's a compliment to have other machine builders inspired by your style of build but when they are hoping to get a higher price having work mistaken for others there is a problem...

I am wide open to others opinions regarding this matter..

skinmech
01-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Yep, ok, I will send him a message requesting the same. He is at the other end of the Country from me so I couldn't tell you how good/bad this machine is,P

Brian
01-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Yep, ok, I will send him a message requesting the same. He is at the other end of the Country from me so I couldn't tell you how good/bad this machine is,P

Thank you, much appreciated. As far as how the machine runs, I'm certain it's not up to our specs, drive bar is not straight and the video is less than impressive since he is running it much faster than anyone would tattoo with.. There is also way too much mass in the moving parts and it will hammer that bearing out of the motor in short order...

Thanks again....

skinmech
01-27-2012, 12:46 PM
No problem,I see he has added some details to the bottom of the Auction...He spelt Technique wrong...I checked out the vid, it appears to run very fast, and as you said, could quite possibly shake itself to death in a pretty short time,P.

PS..Maybe you should send me one of your old machines, and I could use that for reference,and alert you when I come across any other ""tributes" to your machines....:o