PDA

View Full Version : Eikon EMS 400 Crack in Screen Great Customer Service

Alie K
01-29-2012, 03:01 PM
So, everything happened so quickly, I didn't really have time to make an earlier post about this issue with photos of the problem.

I was having a strange problem with the display on my EMS 400 power supply. I never dropped it, nor abused it. It gets cleaned with a paper towel sprayed with Bio-Text surface disinfectant. As I was giving it a good cleaning between clients (even though I use barrier film on the display, I still like to give it a quick rubdown), I noticed some cracks that began on the bottom of the resin, and were travelling up the side corners about an inch and a half.

After contact with Eikon and explaining what was wrong, I was told to return the supply to them and they would determine what they could do to fix it for me. Since I had a spare supply at the shop, I sent it away. I quickly got an email back once they received it, telling me that they would be replacing my supply with a new unit! Evidently, they have heard of this happening on only one other unit, and I think it may have been the first time someone sent one back to them.

All in all, they were very helpful, and very quick in turnaround. I had a replacement power supply within the week! (I suppose it helps that their supply house is not terribly far away from where I am).

I know there are a lot of Eikon haters out there, but I find them to be a reliable company, and very attentive to the needs of artists (I had the opportunity to try out their Griffin disposable tubes a while back, and I questioned the 'rubber' grips and suggested they make a posting on their site as to whether or not they were latex free as it is a health concern to many. They once again replied very quickly, and you'll notice a 'latex free' notification in the description of the product!).

Maybe it is because I am polite in asking these things, but it goes to show that if you have a problem with something (my supply was easily 6 months old-maybe older), they can be willing to assist you and make things right.

OwlsDen
01-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Great story, Allie. Thanks for sharing. I always like to hear that companies care not only about the products they sell, but also the people that rely on them.

wildboy
01-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Hmmm I do the same as you Alie I spray the power supply with disinfectant even though its completely covered with a freezer bag... Now Im a little worried...

asA
01-29-2012, 05:39 PM
My down button on my ems400 likes to stick while I'm tattooing and turn itself down to 0......I seran wrap the front of mine and then wipe it down after. :(

DavidEngbaek
01-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Eikon are one of the Best suppliers out there. i use them regularly

Alie K
01-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Hmmm I do the same as you Alie I spray the power supply with disinfectant even though its completely covered with a freezer bag... Now Im a little worried...

I would not worry. 2 of my coworkers have the same power supply and put it through much more abuse than me, and theirs are fine. I think I just had a 'funny' one. I told them about how I take care of it to let them know that I actually take care of it, and it wasn't me that broke it. Mine was probably a 'one in a million' freak problem, and I just wanted to share how helpful they were in remedying the situation. :)

Alie K
01-29-2012, 07:53 PM
My down button on my ems400 likes to stick while I'm tattooing and turn itself down to 0......I seran wrap the front of mine and then wipe it down after. :(

I find that the touch screen can be VERY sensitive. I once had a water bottle squirt a few droplets onto my screen (covered with a piece of barrier film - that stuff is great for so many things!). As the water droplets trickled down the front of the screen and ran over the buttons, it set them off! Who knows - maybe the saran wrap has something to do with it? Try some barrier film and see what happens. You can also use the film to put on things like a lamp, handle of a trash can, where you would grab a cart or mayo stand (so you can move the objects during a procedure if you need to). Couldn't hurt to try and see if it helps.

aurelien
01-30-2012, 04:03 AM
I got this weird issue when the display is upside down, we got 3 of them and it happens of 2 devices

wildboy
01-30-2012, 05:47 AM
I got this weird issue when the display is upside down, we got 3 of them and it happens of 2 devices

maybe thats one downside to the high tech equipment