PDA

View Full Version : Disassembling Stigma Hyper V2

TattoosByRob
01-29-2012, 04:25 PM
I used a cheap rubber nipple by mistake on my stigma hyper V2 and it shredded into a million pieces flying everywhere, I've tried to take off the top of the machine to gain access to the plate and pin area to try to clean it out...I've removed all the set screws I can visually see but still cant pull the top of the frame off where it attaches to the motor/plate assembly......................Any ideas/help????

The Limey
01-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Shoot Artemis (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/16-arte) a pm or IM I'm sure he can answer your question.

TattoosByRob
02-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Well the forum has been very helpful :/ (being sarcastic)

The Limey
02-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Did you try Artemis?

TattoosByRob
02-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Still no answer from him and I can't seem to email through the stigma site.........

TattoosByRob
02-01-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm just eager to get my Hyper running safely again :)

Administrator
02-01-2012, 11:27 PM
I have not ever recieved a reply to any pm I have sent him. I am not sure if he knows how to check pms. Anyway I emailed him with the link to this thread.

Administrator
02-01-2012, 11:31 PM
aaaand the email returned as undelivered. ugh, I used the email he registered with...

Administrator
02-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Still no answer from him and I can't seem to email through the stigma site.........

Have you tried this email?
[email protected]

TattoosByRob
02-01-2012, 11:45 PM
I sent one to that address....Thanks

ckjr
02-02-2012, 01:50 AM
it took a couple of days, but he did get back to me and was extremely helpful. I'm sure he'll contact you

jboo75
02-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Did they reply to you? Mine is doing the same thing and I want it fixed. I read about this "give clip" or bearing that will stop this.

TattoosByRob
02-11-2012, 12:13 PM
I was contacted by a member of the stigma team, they answered my questions, not the response I was hoping for lol but a reasonable and correct response none the less.......The Stigma team has always been great with help and encouragement.....Don't ever think I don't appreciate it :)

jboo75
02-11-2012, 01:09 PM
So what did they say I want mine fixed I may try these different meddle bar nipples gangstajay told me about but its shredding my kingpin ones. I don't want all that stuff in my machine.

arte
02-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Hi guys , this is Artemis from Stigma , to avoid this from happening you need to find good neeples or grommets made from good material that does not brake easy , sometimes the problem is on the loop of the needlebar ,if the loop is much open underneath and do not wrap all around then the nipples or the grommets brake easy.
what also helps in this case is to add some Vaseline between the needle-loop and the nipples or grommets , try it this works for sure.

jboo75
02-11-2012, 01:41 PM
thanks artemis I appreciate the info I just did not want the material from the nipple getting into the motor and swash mechanism.

TattoosByRob
02-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Well that was the only day I used a rubber nipple, my luck of course, I always use silicone tubing for grommets works the best for me.........The response from Stigma was the machine is not meant to be disassembled and the motor and mechanisms are attached to the frame and require special knowledge and perhaps tools to remove and reassemble they suggested blowing it out with compressed air from a can to remove any debris, I was offered the option of sending the machine in for maintenance if I wish.......Reasonable answer to me

jboo75
02-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Right on. I tried a higher grade nipple today and it just had a finer shredding of particles haha worse to me than the cheap ones. I will try the vaseline then the next step is send it in or trade it off I dont want that mess on my needle bar and machine, and really dont wanna fool with special ordering for one machine.