PDA

View Full Version : The Intuition a pneumatic rotary

The Limey
12-24-2010, 04:26 AM
Found this today; the intuition (http://www.intuitiontattoomachines.net/).

Looks pretty interesting and according to their blurb won't require a high $ compressor to run it. I'm pretty sure that in the UK you need a dental grade oiless compressor period so its less of a selling point here but still worth a look for the pneumatic fans amongst us or those of you that are on the fence.

Alie K
12-24-2010, 09:32 AM
I would still think that you need a high quality compressor (or at least one with the right add-ons) to keep everything hygenic....

Does look cool. I wonder how you'd get a rubber band on there...

The Limey
12-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Looking at the picture I'd guess that the band goes underneath to avoid the mechanics, possibly a small size 8 bands like the Neuma even?

slicksteel
12-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Looks realy cool and lightweight i do think that a swashing type motion will prob be they way to go for more a painterly approach.If your into solid oldschool flat type work then a coil or crank style like a stealth would work best as they do tend to beat the ink in. I think evently you will see most artist useing machines like these are high end coil machine like goodys.Customers are demanding more relistic type work that has depth. Tattooers will just adjust the weight factor they want with barrel weight. Lately i been try 1 1/4 size aluminim barrels for shading/fillin, they have the big size & some weight but not to much so you can still move easy but you dont cramp up.

gangstajay
12-26-2010, 10:19 PM
yes very clean looking..man thats nice

Intuition Tattoo Machines
12-30-2010, 01:40 AM
Thank you guys, I was invited by the owner of this site to come on here and check it out. "Slicksteel" if you check out the FAQ section of our site we address the different type of drives. By the way our machine IS light... Just over an ounce.

Oh yeah, the rubber band goes on the bottom, there is a hook that allows it to self adjust to where it needs to be, and it stays in place.

www.intuitiontattoomachines.com

gangstajay
12-30-2010, 09:01 AM
welcome to the site, that is a super clean looking machine

slicksteel
12-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Intuition so how is it able to use a low end compressor? Will you still have to use all the filters/dryer etc? I like the idea that you thaught of a real way to hook the rubber bands, I also like that the air intake is angled instead of straigt up or straight back.I am glad you made this machine as i wanted to go air but had heard many problems with the other ones. I like the fact that you tested it over and over and did your revisions before relasing it just to make a fast buck like the other top brands have done.The whole machine looks well thaught out and designed.I want one as i have looking to that one machine that will let me get rid off all the others !

12-31-2010, 03:38 AM
Intuition so how is it able to use a low end compressor? Will you still have to use all the filters/dryer etc? I like the idea that you thaught of a real way to hook the rubber bands, I also like that the air intake is angled instead of straigt up or straight back. !

It is able to run with a low end compressor by not needing as much CFM as other pNEUMAtic machines. I highly suggest using a filter, however the regulators that we will carry will come with a Micron filter. Since our machine has multiple exhaust options it gives you the opportunity to decide where you want the exhaust. I have spent months trying to refine the end design to be as user friendly as possible. I'm glad you took notice of some of the design features in it. You may want to get on our waiting list (it's free) so you will be informed before the general public when they are ready.

The Limey
12-31-2010, 07:39 AM
The multiple exhaust option sounds good, hopefully you can make it so as it exhausts back out along the clip cord/air tube bag.

slicksteel
12-31-2010, 11:54 AM
Already on the list first day i saw it! I like the air concept and the weight factor due to wrist injuries in the past. Limey that does sound like the best way to go as it would get that exhaust away from a open wound area(tattoo).

The Limey
12-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Already on the list first day i saw it! I like the air concept and the weight factor due to wrist injuries in the past. Limey that does sound like the best way to go as it would get that exhaust away from a open wound area(tattoo).

Exactly my thinking mate; I'm sure that EU regs will require that in the not too distant future anyway.

What I'm actually hoping is that it will be a ton more efficient than the Neumas (which feel like they vent twice as much air as they use) and that you'll be able to run them from one of the tiny bambi dental compressors vs a big ass jun-air as those puppies cost a ton to run here.

12-31-2010, 10:10 PM
The multiple exhaust option sounds good, hopefully you can make it so as it exhausts back out along the clip cord/air tube bag.

That is already one of the options :) You just need to change out the exhaust plate.

Alie K
12-31-2010, 10:26 PM
That is already one of the options :) You just need to change out the exhaust plate.

Brilliant! That solves a lot of concerns for many people!

The Limey
12-31-2010, 10:33 PM
How about cfm figures for a single user station? Ballpark is fine I'm just trying to figure out how viable it is in the UK.

01-04-2011, 03:21 AM
How about cfm figures for a single user station? Ballpark is fine I'm just trying to figure out how viable it is in the UK.

We would like to see the least possible amount. As far as a ballpark, we would like to see less than 1 cfm. I have made several revisions since the intitial prototype just focusing on air consumption. Ill release figures when I'm satisfied.

paulotattoos
02-03-2012, 04:21 AM
Why you want to make pneumatic machines???have you try to travel with a compressor in a plane?

Sage Oz
02-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Incredible design. My buddy Kevin Griffin and I were talking about this idea about two years ago when I was first using swashdrives and him being a Neuma devotee. We tried each others machines on each other and felt they were similar in high level of performance and versatility. It soon dawned on us that a pneumatic driven swashdrive would be the shit! I did some drawings but we never got around to prototyping, my designs weren't quite as sleek and refined or compact as yours. It looks awesome and I'm sure given the potential that the performance should be quite high. Too bad I'm not quite ready to go air-powered yet, but if I was a Neuma guy I'd be killing to be first in line for a pair of Intuitions.

JohnnyChaos
02-03-2012, 07:01 AM
you guys realize this thread is over 8 months old.. I was on the waiting list, but this machine has kinda vanished.

OwlsDen
02-03-2012, 08:04 AM
http://www.intuitiontattoomachines.net/

The site still gets updates, looks like they will be shipping soon.

Alie K
02-03-2012, 10:36 AM
you guys realize this thread is over 8 months old.. I was on the waiting list, but this machine has kinda vanished.

Maybe it's just taking a long time with R&D? Sadly, it IS pneumatic, and that variety of machine seems to be going the way of the dinosaur. It would really be a shame to have put all that work into developing it, only to scrap the idea because nobody really uses air much anymore. It IS a really cool concept.

Also, there's an entry in their blog from July 31st 2011 saying that their computer didn't properly store emails for the waiting list. So if you never got a message from them, they could have lost your email. It says to sign up again if you are interested.

slicksteel
02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
On twitter and on his site he sates that they are done-they are in the process of assembly and doing videos on how to run it etc.
http://instagr.am/p/lSaxQ/

02-03-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm still here. I made the original machine and ran it for several months, then right after starting production, I thought "ya know I bet I could make this even smaller". So I did a smaller version. I have been running that one machine for almost a year and handed out 10 others to friends and let them use it. I'm more nit-pickey with my machines than I am with my tattoos. Being a perfectionist I refused to release them before I thought they were perfect!

I also used my own money, I have dumped close to 100k into this project with injection molds, ceramic bearings, and titanium parts. it's not going anywhere. Although there are people that hate air, if you read the question and answer section I explain why I haven't and won't add a motor to this design. The machines are done, and we have been assembling them. I spent hours writing a User Guide for them and I'm working on a DvD for use and dissassembly. I have tried to make the easiest transition I could from any machine. Every artist that has tested them is blown away at how easy they are to use.

Any of you that live close to Fort Worth Texas, I invite you to come down and check them out. We are planning on doing conventions that will have a booth set up to test the machine before you spend a dime.

02-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Feel free to ask any questions you guys might have on it, but I have addressed a lot on the website.
Everyone that is on the list, is still on it. There are more adding themselves everyday. One more thing,
I don't expect everyone to like it, this machine isn't for everyone. Air isn't dead, it just hasn't had the
chance to show its full potential

Alie K
02-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, that's GREAT news! Too bad I don't live in Arlington anymore!!

Tat2dPinoy
02-04-2012, 09:30 AM
I still have my pneumatic setup even though I put them down a year ago. This would give me an excuse to fire up the compressor again. I loved the disposable hosing, soaking my machines in madacide, and autoclaving them. No other machines can match that. My biggest gripe was the sound of pneumatic machines. It became aggravating to me, almost like nails on a chalkboard. It sounds like your machine is very quiet and if you can use compressors with a lower cost, more people might be likely to try your machines out. One question, how many c.f.m. does it take to run your machine?

02-05-2012, 12:07 PM
. It sounds like your machine is very quiet and if you can use compressors with a lower cost, more people might be likely to try your machines out. One question, how many c.f.m. does it take to run your machine?

It is very quiet in comparison to the other pneumatic. I always got complaints about the sound of the other machine. Here's a video of the difference.

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/intuitiontattoo/45b87caf.mp4

I tried to get an accurate reading on CFM or SCFM, and found it to be extremely difficult. Getting that reading depends on sealevel, humidity, temp, and when it comes right down to it. It became such a pain
In the ass to find out, I gave up. Since it ran on compressors more efficiently I didn't see a reason to pay
hundreds of dollars to find out.

slicksteel
02-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I bet it is even more quiet as you have refined the design more.

Tat2dPinoy
02-05-2012, 12:20 PM
that sounds very quiet, nice job! I am excited to try a swashdrive pneumatic as well, I've never used a swash at all.

The reason I ask is, cfm is how someone will choose which compressor to buy. Noise decibel level, oil-less, and cfm is how I picked mine, I would be pissed if I bought a compressor that wasn't strong enough to run the cfm of your machine, or the compressor had to run continuously to keep up with the psi.

Also, what psi do you run your machines at?

02-05-2012, 03:50 PM
that sounds very quiet, nice job! I am excited to try a swashdrive pneumatic as well, I've never used a swash at all.

The reason I ask is, cfm is how someone will choose which compressor to buy. Noise decibel level, oil-less, and cfm is how I picked mine, I would be pissed if I bought a compressor that wasn't strong enough to run the cfm of your machine, or the compressor had to run continuously to keep up with the psi.

Also, what psi do you run your machines at?

It runs about 40%on and 60%off on a $68.00 oil-less pancake compressor from Home Depot.
All of this stuff and setup is covered in the User Guide that will be avaliable on the Website FREE
Feb 20th. I also will have free blue prints avaliable for building a box to quiet the noise of the compressor 75%.

I run my compressor regulator at 50psi and my little regualtor for the machines 13-20psi

slicksteel
02-05-2012, 04:05 PM
So will this machine have give to it when you use less psi(never ran air before) and want a machine that has some type of give?

asA
02-05-2012, 04:44 PM
did i miss a post of when these will be availible?

02-07-2012, 10:19 AM
So will this machine have give to it when you use less psi(never ran air before) and want a machine that has some type of give?

That's right. The less air you have the easier the "give". The more air you use, the more the "give" firms up. It has a wide range of give to it.

Personally, I like the "give" air provides over a "mechanical give". The range of give from a spring, is such a small and limited range because the compression spring only has one push rate. Sure it has more or less tension on one spring rate. However it's like driving a car in one gear. Not to mention the "duty cycle" of compression springs means they will wear out and have to be replaced.

They should release this March.

Dreviltattoo
02-09-2012, 09:08 PM
i can't wait. i'm grabbing 2 machines as soon as i can! hopefully, 1st week in march.

cblevins
02-09-2012, 10:35 PM
PLEASE let me know asap.
Give me a reason to sell my 7 Neuma 2, 3 Hybrids and an Italian Morello pneumatic.
Thanks

Dreviltattoo
02-09-2012, 10:58 PM
PLEASE let me know asap.
Give me a reason to sell my 7 Neuma 2, 3 Hybrids and an Italian Morello pneumatic.
ThanksThey have a waiting list. The link is on their website. I never heard of Morrello. How do they compare to Neuma ?