PDA

View Full Version : wicked little machine

inkstar001
02-04-2012, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRHNrdNsZmU seen this today cant wait to buy one

OwlsDen
02-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Aside from being a great person, really truly personable. He is too smart for his own good.

tugg
02-04-2012, 08:33 PM
thats a nice idea

Inkslingers
02-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Not going to say for sure yet, but I see a problem with this set up that may lend to it being inconsistent...but wow, what a cool idea

OwlsDen
02-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I assume you are talking about the slight left to right motion of having the "abar" mounted to the side. It could be a problem, it could not. But I believe he mentions this isn't a final version. Even so , it would be far less wobble than a direct drive.

Dan Kubin
02-04-2012, 11:28 PM
I had made a magnet drive machine before.. or attempted to.
The problem I had was that it needed a whole lot of power to get it to work. -opposite to what I had hypothesized.
-but that was mine... Not his :-/

Mr.Taboo
02-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Interesting concept , couldn't he just line the A bar up over the top like most other machines ?

tugg
02-05-2012, 09:35 AM
that way you might get some side wobble as the magnet comes round.

tattoosbybill
02-05-2012, 09:43 AM
How long you looking til in production this looks like a great concept. I own 3 Centri tattoo machines and this seems allot like it and I love those machines so I would really like to try this out.... I had help Mike at Centri with testing the centri and working out the kinks .if your ever looking for someone to to do that let me know my shop is busy and your machine would get a proper workout for durability and consistence and comfort... If not illmwait til they are available
Thanks Bill Northern Lights Tattoos

Inkslingers
02-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I assume you are talking about the slight left to right motion of having the "abar" mounted to the side. It could be a problem, it could not. But I believe he mentions this isn't a final version. Even so , it would be far less wobble than a direct drive.

Not what I was thinking at all...even if what I believe is right, it doesn't take from the "idea". This is how things are created, trial and error. Got mad respect for JC both as a builder and a person

tugg
02-05-2012, 10:29 AM
no I think the way it is is fine I think if you used a normal a bar arangement like say a stealth you might get some side to side motion unless the tolerences were super tight . but yeah not like a direct drive . It looks cool this way anyhow.

Sage Oz
02-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Not going to say for sure yet, but I see a problem with this set up that may lend to it being inconsistent...but wow, what a cool idea

I think I know what you're talkin about here, the bit of friction caused by the momentary contact of the armature on the magnetic flywheel. That can be avoided with an end stop that keeps them from actually touching. I've got a design in the works(started a few months ago) based on this concept, of course inspired by this machine. Thanks JC!

fkirons
02-05-2012, 11:56 PM
great idea!

Alie K
02-06-2012, 12:33 AM
JC never ceases to amaze me with his unique concepts! I hope he explores this design more!