PDA

View Full Version : Vivace question...

Invertedpixel
02-08-2012, 05:13 PM
A brand new neo tat vivace that is properly lubed runs as quiet as a standard neo-tat or are they louder?...the one I used ( co-workers) makes a clacking sound...It's lubed up correctly but still it is signifcantly louder than a regular neo-tat...That can't be quite right...

OwlsDen
02-08-2012, 05:15 PM
I would make sure your tube isn't too far up. If so the bottom of the slide will hit the top of the tube and make a clacking sound. I have done this a few times with my Neo Tat original.

GregM
02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
my vivace is damn near silent..its a very quiet and smooth running machine

otto
02-08-2012, 05:53 PM
it could be the stay up spring,maybe it s not strong enough to keep the piston on the ball beraing.it makes the same noise at lower voltage?

Invertedpixel
02-08-2012, 06:50 PM
solved: I incorrectly assumed that the machine was PROPERLY lubed...Re-lubed the right way and it is as slient as can be...people need to actually read the documentation when they get new tools..sheesh.

Alie K
02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Hooray for the "easy fix"!

DiarrheaSuitcase
02-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I know this problem was solved MONTHS ago, but I had a similar noise issue with my vivace and thought I'd throw it on here in case someone else has the same issue.
When I would hit around 10 volts and up, my machine would start to make a God-awful vibration sound. I grabbed my allen wrenches and tightened the two screws on the side and that fixed my problem. Simple fix as well. (I love how low maintenance rotaries are!!)

devinomatic
03-08-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm glad this thread is here. I just picked up an X-tra long throw Vivace yesterday, and I got the horrible clacking noise halfway through my first tattoo with it. I'm definitely going to re-lube and re-tighten everything, and then report back.