PDA

View Full Version : another noob

asa_castle
02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
hey everybody. i've been snooping this forum for about a month now. just got my first rotary a few weeks ago. was stoked for it (a neotat long stroke) and now not so much. but anyways, i signed up for the forum and here i am! hello.

Dreviltattoo
02-10-2012, 10:36 PM
welcome to the forum. u may want to try a different rotary that is adjustable. some people swear by the neotats. they weren't my thing and i've owned 4 of em. the good thing is that i'm sure someone on here will be glad to buy ur neotat from you or trade you something different.

asa_castle
02-10-2012, 10:46 PM
yeah, i was kinda hoping for that. wanted to get my feet wet in the forum first too so people didn't think i was shady running up in here tryin to move machines out of the blue. it's good to hear neotats aren't for everybody. i have to say going back to coil shading after a week of "breaking in" the neot was heaven though. tried using it again today after a week off from it. mixed results...i'm a heavy blender, maybe not the best for what i got.

Dreviltattoo
02-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Well if u really like blending and layering u might want to try a stigma hyper v2. I'm using air at this point so u I might not be the best person to talk to about it, but I did run rotaries for a few yrs and I really liked stigmas and dragonflies. Check out the machine reviews section. Ask people, they'll help. Post a thread. Everyone(for the most) is really cool on here.

asa_castle
02-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks. I'll do that.

Magnu
02-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

MedusaTattoo
02-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Hello and Welcome abroad

gangstajay
02-11-2012, 11:51 AM
welcome to the show.. it could also be that stroke... I never could get into the long stroke and I had 2 of them.. the neo tat is a great machine you have to find what works for you.. I have found that for me I like 2.5mm to 3mm stroke machine's that's what works for me.

asA
02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Welcome. Another asa is always good to see.

ckjr
02-11-2012, 12:52 PM
welcome

asa_castle
02-11-2012, 08:10 PM
yeah man. more asa's... weird!

asa_castle
02-11-2012, 08:12 PM
gangstajay, i could see the long stroke being an issue for me. but couldn't a shorter stroke prove less effective in saturation and therefore more traumatizing to the skin as you are forced to work it more?

gangstajay
02-11-2012, 08:25 PM
gangstajay, i could see the long stroke being an issue for me. but couldn't a shorter stroke prove less effective in saturation and therefore more traumatizing to the skin as you are forced to work it more?
not at all, what I have found with a rotary is that using a no give rotary that it takes less passes to put the pigment in. I have learned to adapt my hand to have the give shit to be honest since I have used rotarys I have not had to do a touch up.. knock on wood, I dont want to jinx myself.