PDA

View Full Version : just got these back from the engraver

fatcashdaddy
02-10-2012, 11:59 PM
hand engraved by my friend Mathew Hagermann

slicksteel
02-11-2012, 12:12 AM
hey fatcash how do those mantis ones run? are they better then the standard stealh-also i have heard you cant adjust the give but its the throw length?

Sage Oz
02-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Those are beautiful. I love the silver lines on black. He's a good evgraver, Ive done a bit of that and it's not as easy as tattooing lol

fatcashdaddy
02-11-2012, 02:25 AM
hey fatcash how do those mantis ones run? are they better then the standard stealh-also i have heard you cant adjust the give but its the throw length?

I've never used a stealth so I can't compare. I've read that some people don't like the "mantis" (or whatever its called) but I haven't had any problems with mine. Its true that the adjustment only really changes the needle depth and doesn't really have any thing to do with "give"

I did this tattoo with the mantis (outline and shading)..its on a girls lower back...

elbo
02-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Cool engraving! cool scorpian! ha ha the mantis does the biz!...they are going for crazy low prices aint they?...

turnrock
02-11-2012, 03:09 AM
They look good!

OwlsDen
02-11-2012, 05:01 AM
Beautiful engraving. Did he do something to seal the Mantis so it doesn't oxidize? Well I guess that they are both aluminum. That wouldn't have to be sealed.

bluerocker
02-11-2012, 07:02 AM
very nice!! quick question fatcash, the mantis machine??, is it as standard as you bought it, i mean did ya replace any parts, or is it straight outta the box? just heard some real mixed reviews, i guess cos of the price really, and others have replaced motors and other components, basically pimped it and are really happy with it. is it me or does it resemble the original bizzare lol??

aurelien
02-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Woaw beautiful work !!

MatFink
02-11-2012, 09:01 AM
sweet!

fatcashdaddy
02-11-2012, 09:45 AM
@elbo: yeah the machine is very cheap now. I think I paid 40USD for mine quite a while ago
@bluerocker: mine is stock but I do want to beef it up with a higher quality motor. but I'm going to wait until this one gives out. It is a copy of a stigma bizarre V1, a machine that stigma no longer produces, I believe...

I don't endorse the mantis in any way. Quality control in chinese products are always an issue. I may have just gotten lucky and got a decent one, others may not have been so lucky. Also, I don't use this machine on a day to day basis so I can't say how well it would hold up over time. I have alot of machines and I rotate the machines I use so no one machine gets used everyday
( This public service announcement was posted in a feable attempt to appease the haters and cyberbullies who feel it is their duty to dictate to other artists just what equipment they should be using in their own practice and is directed at the sheeple who listen to them. free thinkers, do what you feel is best for you....discretion is advised )

gangstajay
02-11-2012, 12:28 PM
I had 2 of those machine also.. I gave one to tatu richie and the other to mike my old boss to help break them into rotary's. hey slick they are alot heavier then the stealth I believe they are made from steel not alum. the screw only adjust the stroke length not a damper. so it has no give.. the one's I had ran very well... I took the little spring off of mine cuz the rubber bands kept getting stuck in it. but for a knock off it ran just fine. hey fat cash the new look is dope

ckjr
02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
wow I want to do mine

bluerocker
02-11-2012, 01:25 PM
many thanks for ya reply mate, good to know :)

OwlsDen
02-12-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't endorse the mantis in any way. Quality control in chinese products are always an issue. I may have just gotten lucky and got a decent one, others may not have been so lucky. Also, I don't use this machine on a day to day basis so I can't say how well it would hold up over time. I have alot of machines and I rotate the machines I use so no one machine gets used everyday
( This public service announcement was posted in a feable attempt to appease the haters and cyberbullies who feel it is their duty to dictate to other artists just what equipment they should be using in their own practice and is directed at the sheeple who listen to them. free thinkers, do what you feel is best for you....discretion is advised )

I wanted to thank you for this post, with more than a button click. I feel i have ben hasty to judge at times, in consideration to copies. I have thought i should re-asses my outlook on copies. I still don't like rip offs of current machines, but if something is no longer made ( Ala Bizarre 1 ) then why should we judge a similar machine. I only use this as a reference as i don't know if the copy came out when they still made the machine or not. So if it works for you, and you got a good deal on it that is great. The fact that you went out of your way and made it beautiful is awesome.