PDA

View Full Version : New Lauro Paolini rotary!

slicksteel
12-28-2010, 01:36 PM
"New rotary machine from Lauro Paolini available in Blood Red, Black, Blue or Titanium. Has a traditional armature bar, inspired by the famous Swiss model, but with the original design. Made in Ergal (refined aluminium) and anodised in various colours. Colours currently available are Blood Red, Black, Blue and Titanium. Suitable for lining, colouring and shading.iss motor"

I have seen these copyed on ebay already to, also they look like a cheap knockoff with a bottom plate, but this one looks to be made form a solid block with a high end motor any body try one yet?

http://www.barberdts.co.uk/tattoo-machines/rotary-tattoo-machine/nova-rotary-machine-vertigo.html

Administrator
12-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I saw these for sale at the Toronto Tattoo Convention (NIX2010) last year at the Pricks of the Trade booth. They have indeed been knocked off by Chinese sellers on ebay. The knock offs bare a striking resemblance to this machine as well as early designs of Rotary Tattoo Machine by Ben Wight.

gangstajay
12-28-2010, 05:46 PM
wow..I want one... thats is clean looking went to there webb..man the us dollar sucks ass..lol

slicksteel
12-28-2010, 08:04 PM
yea crazy ,nice look chuck on it kind of like the neo tat

Administrator
12-28-2010, 10:09 PM
They where pretty expensive at the convention as well since they where converting a lot of the stock from the euro to the Canadian Dollar.

Alie K
12-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I've owned some Paolini coil machines in the past. I have no interest in owning any more Paolini machines, either coil or rotary due to my disappointment with them.

gangstajay
12-29-2010, 02:15 AM
wow..for real alie.thats good info. but I really try to buy from the people on this site..and support them nice people on this site! I mean that..Iam really loving the neo tat. I will buy another and some of the artist in my area know Iam using rotarys and now there coming around asking me all kind of shit about them... I sent 2 of them the link for here, also the builder of those bling machine tool and die.. I told him about the site.

rotaryworks
12-29-2010, 07:25 AM
i dont know why everone has to charge the earth for machines keep it simple and cheap so we can all afford new toys so if we dont like them we dont mind leaving them on the shelf

Alie K
12-29-2010, 11:28 AM
wow..for real alie.thats good info. but I really try to buy from the people on this site..and support them nice people on this site! I mean that..Iam really loving the neo tat. I will buy another and some of the artist in my area know Iam using rotarys and now there coming around asking me all kind of shit about them... I sent 2 of them the link for here, also the builder of those bling machine tool and die.. I told him about the site.

Cool!

I'm not sure where Paolini machines are ACTUALLY being made. Perhaps they've stepped up their manufacturing quality recently (?), but the ones I have from 5 years ago were balls. The guy I apprenticed under would get discounts from the local supplier that carried them, so I ended up with a few. Nothing lined up. The a-bars were over too far one direction, the coils didn't line up underneath it... they were just BAD. Even the coils looked like junky plastic bobbin Chinese crap. I guess that's what happens when you have underage kids drilling out your frames?

They all just sit and collect dust in a shoebox now.