PDA

View Full Version : Help hawk cable.

Assassin Rich
02-14-2012, 06:40 AM
Does anyone know what the deal is with the hawk cable. My hawk onky works when I ise this. I recently broke my cord . So no hawk. I I have to use my chawk which I fitted for rca. Does anyone know a cheaper way to make the hawk work has anyone put rca on your real hawk. I need to get a cable fast.

OwlsDen
02-14-2012, 09:08 AM
Machineboy would be a good person to ask. I am not certain but i think the polarity is crossed on the stock cable and i believe the machine has counter rotation protection so it won't run if the polarity is crossed. It would be an easy way to insure that you have to buy a cable from the manufacture. Take a clip cord with positive negative color coding and touch the different areas of the plug in the back of the machine. If it runs then you know how you have to wire a new cable.

The Limey
02-14-2012, 09:55 AM
The cable and plug set up on the Hawk is the one thing I think needs a major re-vamp. The cable is too flimsy, roll over it a couple of times and its dead and having the male connector on the back of the machine is just asking for trouble as even putting it down roughly leads to the plug becoming wobbly and them breaking. If the plug takes a crap on mine I'm going to figure out a way to put a female jack on it even if it means using some plastic weld and extending the back of the machine some.

Assassin Rich
02-14-2012, 10:26 AM
I use rca female jacks on my fake hawk.

OwlsDen
02-14-2012, 10:29 AM
I use rca female jacks on my fake hawk.

How did you take it apart? I though I read somewhere that they are glued together, i.e. no screws..

asA
02-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Where do y'all find these chawks? I haven't seen one yet? I might buy a few to tinker with... Sounds fun.

machineboy80
02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
hey gs thanks owls for the referring ok a fake hawk is icy on ly cuse it have to cables straigt from the motor tha hawk has like a little magel that u have to by pass the bypass way to doit its the same way owls that was the only way cus my hawk was down for olmos 7 moth cus i was frustrated to work with it but is easy just tray it that way an make shore that u dont put the voltage to hy cus i dnt want to burn that

machineboy80
02-14-2012, 11:29 AM
if u want send me a pick of if and i pik point wat u have to do like i did in the post thanks

Assassin Rich
02-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Ill make a video

JohnnyChaos
02-15-2012, 04:01 AM
How did you take it apart? I though I read somewhere that they are glued together, i.e. no screws..

Had a quick look on my original and the rear collar unscrews revealing a hex key screw which I guess holds the plug in place.

machineboy80
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
yep is a .05 mm hex key