PDA

View Full Version : New Disposable Tubes

fatcashdaddy
02-15-2012, 09:41 AM
just got an e-mail about these new disposables coming out of china. I've never seen these before so I don't think they are knockoff's...they look like disposable cartridge tubes but they are actually a one piece disposable tube that takes a regular needle... they come in 3/4" and 1" grips..they also have hard ABS plastic grips and soft grips..they come in black and orange but different combinations of black and orange

tattoosbychriselement.com
02-15-2012, 09:48 AM
cool soo they work with cartidges right? were can i find em?

fatcashdaddy
02-15-2012, 09:54 AM
don't know if the tips are removable..waiting to hear back.. I was going to order some to check them out but they company only sells them by the case (30 boxes to a case or 450 tubes)..they come with a needle and are .45 cents a piece plus shipping

OwlsDen
02-15-2012, 09:55 AM
What would be cool is if the whole thing was like a cartridge and you just had a plunger bar on your machine. That way you toss the rest. But they do look pretty cool. If you get some let us know how they are. I would be down to try some.

fatcashdaddy
02-15-2012, 10:04 AM
I was going to order some to check out but I use all T-tech now..If I was allowed to order a few boxes to try out I would but I'm not going to order an entire case..If there are enough people that want to go in on an order (buyer beware) I'll split a case amongst those that are interested..a case contains 30 boxes and they all have to be the same size grip. either 3/4" or 1"..you can't mix the grip sizes in the case..you can mix the needle sizes though

turnrock
02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
If they give you needle size options it's safe to assume they're one piece/regular tubes. They are cool looking!

Sarenity Tattoo
02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
interesting.

fatcashdaddy
02-15-2012, 10:21 AM
If they give you needle size options it's safe to assume they're one piece/regular tubes. They are cool looking!

yeah thats what I figured..I have some pictures of the tubes packaged and you can see the needle in it but the file is an exel file and my home PC doesn't have exel on it. I'll download it at work later and see if I can upload the picture to this thread

asA
02-15-2012, 10:23 AM
At first glance I was excited.. the day they come out with disposable tube that take cartridges will be amazing.

slicksteel
02-15-2012, 11:29 AM
At first glance I was excited.. the day they come out with disposable tube that take cartridges will be amazing.
I second that just toss it all ,yet still be able to change your needles on the fly! heaven for sure!

jboo75
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah I was hoping that they took cartridges that would be the greatest
Ideas for anyone with enough money to make them.

Cyberitual
02-15-2012, 12:38 PM
They look cool, but damn there price is cheap! Makes me wonder. Will keep an eye out for there review or if there is a link for samples that would be nice too.

fatcashdaddy
02-15-2012, 12:46 PM
they just released them and this company sucks for sending samples (I asked and was denied)..they won't even sell less than a case

fatcashdaddy
02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
hope these pictures aren't too small

fatcashdaddy
02-15-2012, 01:13 PM
shit, they are....PM me for larger pictures

fatcashdaddy
02-15-2012, 01:15 PM
let me try again

Frosty
02-15-2012, 01:20 PM
is there a link to their website?

fatcashdaddy
02-15-2012, 01:51 PM
they aren't on their website..they haven't released them to the general public just yet. they are only selling them to their longstanding customers and suppliers right now, thats why they only sell them by the case. I'm sure eventually they will be for sale to anyone but they give first choice to their tattoo supply companies to distribute

machineboy80
02-15-2012, 09:45 PM
dope men count me in ill lv to try them out bro send me a pm

lammy2012
02-15-2012, 11:32 PM
they ARE 1-piece tubes. the tips are not removeable. DPS just started carrying them(or they're about to). i've held one. they're definately pretty cool looking and pretty comfortable. next time i have to order tubes, i'll get some, see how i like em and let you guys know.

No Iron Machines
02-16-2012, 02:27 AM
Cool idea....sure

Sage Oz
02-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Id be down to go in to get a few boxes of 1" if you end up getting a case.

fatcashdaddy
02-16-2012, 10:35 AM
they ARE 1-piece tubes. the tips are not removeable. DPS just started carrying them(or they're about to). i've held one. they're definately pretty cool looking and pretty comfortable. next time i have to order tubes, i'll get some, see how i like em and let you guys know.

I talked with my guy last night and he said the tips were removable but I'm glad you posted this because I didn't believe him (he just wants to make the sale and will say anything)..they are sending me samples ( I had to buy other things from them to get the samples)....

aurelien
02-16-2012, 02:59 PM
They look nice. I wouldn't mind getting when they're released.

gangstajay
02-16-2012, 03:38 PM
I went over to DPS and chino gave me a liner and 9 mag tube.. they work very nice. they copied the sure glide and the hawk but still a nice disposable, just not very cost effective

fatcashdaddy
02-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I went over to DPS and chino gave me a liner and 9 mag tube.. they work very nice. they copied the sure glide and the hawk but still a nice disposable, just not very cost effective

how much are they selling them for?

lammy2012
02-21-2012, 02:51 PM
used a 13 mag tube today...... well, tried to anyway. the tube is too long for my dragonfly and vivace. also noticed the built-in needle runners were bending one of the top outside needles. looks like it should work on the rotary works and coils though.

machineboy80
02-21-2012, 06:13 PM
count me innn for that plz

fatcashdaddy
02-22-2012, 11:04 PM
got my samples in today and there's some good news and some not-so-good news...first the good news (sorta)..the tips are removable from the disposable tube and T-tech and hawk tips fit the tube. well, they fit the 3/4" tubes perfectly, the 1" tubes will also work but you can over turn the T-tech tip and it will loosen up but just on the 1" grip...if you tighten the tip til it locks and leave it alone it will work fine, but if you keep twisting the tip past the grab, it will loosen up..

now the not-so-good-news....the T-tech drive bar doesn't fit the tube. the inside diameter of the tube is too narrow for the plastic bulb on the end of the T-tech drive bar. I took a dremel and ground down that plastic part on an extra drive bar I had and it worked just fine..

I'm off from work until friday so I haven't been able to test it in a real tattooing situation yet, but I ran it on a machine I keep at home and it seems to work fine (see picture)
(sorry for the crappy pic, my camera is in the shop so I took a quick cellphone pic)

jboo75
02-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Still could be good with a little work.

Denner
02-24-2012, 06:42 AM
Cool im in if they work in real life tattoo situations, I have no problem with modifying the t-tech drive bar to fit the tubes :)

OwlsDen
02-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Yeah I am kinda curious to hear more. They would have to be cheap to make it worth while though. But if you use two cartridges on one machine with one tube and can chuck all the shit when your done. I gotta say I like the concept.

fkirons
02-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Whats the website of the company :)

fatcashdaddy
02-24-2012, 01:26 PM

fatcashdaddy
02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ejom_U3nqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNrfKBQQvc

fatcashdaddy
02-24-2012, 02:07 PM
here are the choices in color..sorry for the blurry picture.. the top 4 are soft grip and the bottom 2 are the hard grips

lammy2012
02-24-2012, 11:43 PM
the tubes you got look a little different than the ones i got and the ones in your post showing the color choices.

andrewc
03-03-2012, 04:33 PM
just seen these on ebay looks like more companies are jumpin on the idea
http://www.ebay.com/itm/tattoo-machine-cartridge-needle-1-grip-rotary-coil-machine-works-great-hawk-/120868783734?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c24574676

fatcashdaddy
03-03-2012, 04:49 PM
just seen these on ebay looks like more companies are jumpin on the idea
http://www.ebay.com/itm/tattoo-machine-cartridge-needle-1-grip-rotary-coil-machine-works-great-hawk-/120868783734?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c24574676

I have those as well.. those cartridges are very nice (i like them better than T-tech) but they don't work with T-tech grips and i don't think they fit the hawk. I know they don't fit my marksman.. you have to use those aluminum grips with those cartridges. i have all my machines converted to that system and i hope to be distributing them soon. they are cheaper than T-tech in price too ( 10.00 a piece for the grips,either 3/4 (19mm) or 1" (25mm) and .50 a piece for the cartridges (any size))
if anyone wants a sample order of that particular system i can send you 1 grip (your choice of size) and 4 sample cartridges ( 1 each of 5&7 liner and 7&9 mag) for 15.00 USD

fatcashdaddy
03-03-2012, 05:00 PM

andrewc
03-03-2012, 05:20 PM
what machine is that that you got the smaller grip hooked onto? fuckin nice man

fatcashdaddy
03-03-2012, 05:21 PM
what machine is that that you got the smaller grip hooked onto? fuckin nice man

thats an aluminum rotary works (12volt motor)..I re-covered the motor and had the frame hand engraved

OwlsDen
03-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Those silver grips sound great. I will have to search out some.

fkirons
03-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Disposable ones are the winner! But now you are limited to their needles. Its always something!

fatcashdaddy
03-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Disposable ones are the winner! But now you are limited to their needles. Its always something!

with the plastic disposable ones you can use either hawk or T-tech cartridges, you just have to modify the drive bar. I bought about 2ft. of 3/16" delrin rod and made my own drive bars out of regular needle bars...
the black cartridges only work with the aluminum tubes and the tubes are autoclavable...

fkirons
03-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Love the tubes, tempted to design my own mwwaaahhhahaha

OwlsDen
03-03-2012, 08:48 PM

Make one that works with all of the cartridges. I'd buy it.

andrewc
03-04-2012, 06:35 PM
so in your opinion which would be the best ones to go with here? the aluminum ones are claiming to be the best ones except for the hawk ones (at least theyre being honest in their opinion of it) or the t-tech or the other disposable ones you have?

fatcashdaddy
03-04-2012, 10:37 PM
it depends on what your looking for. If you have a hawk (spirit or thunder) and/or use T-tech and want a disposable option, then I would stick with T-tech's or hawk cartridges and look into the disposable tubes...If your looking for the cheapest way to use cartridges on any machine other than the hawk and marksman, I would go with the aluminum tubes and black cartridges..so far I've done about 12 tattoo's with the black cartridges and I've had one bad cartridge (hooked needle on a 5 RL)

oh and if you prefer bugpin needles, i would stay with T-tech....

galino
03-05-2012, 11:19 AM
I have those as well.. those cartridges are very nice (i like them better than T-tech) but they don't work with T-tech grips and i don't think they fit the hawk. I know they don't fit my marksman.. you have to use those aluminum grips with those cartridges. i have all my machines converted to that system and i hope to be distributing them soon. they are cheaper than T-tech in price too ( 10.00 a piece for the grips,either 3/4 (19mm) or 1" (25mm) and .50 a piece for the cartridges (any size))
if anyone wants a sample order of that particular system i can send you 1 grip (your choice of size) and 4 sample cartridges ( 1 each of 5&7 liner and 7&9 mag) for 15.00 USD

How much will cost to send those samples to Europe?

TATsoul
03-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Things are gonna change. We were doing some digging on the cartridge based drive system and found this:

Cheyenee finally pulled the trigger and is going after t-tech and similar companies of these cartridge designs/tubes: http://www.usitc.gov/press_room/news_release/2012/er0229kk1.htm (posted just last week)

Anyways, just thought this was interesting info.

- Billy

asA
03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Things are gonna change. We were doing some digging on the cartridge based drive system and found this:

Cheyenee finally pulled the trigger and is going after t-tech and similar companies of these cartridge designs/tubes: http://www.usitc.gov/press_room/news_release/2012/er0229kk1.htm (posted just last week)

- BillyCrazy.. I wonder how far this can actually go. Especially beings they are pretty different it's not like they look or are built anywhere near the same.

Tat2dPinoy
03-05-2012, 05:45 PM

- Billy

I don't use the Hawk or T-tech often, but a fellow artist in my studio does everyday. Unfortunately $3 a cartridge for the Cheyenne's is not very cost effective, especially when using 7-10 cartridges per day. If this is the case, unfortunately you'll see our Hawk's in the classifieds soon

OwlsDen
03-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah I don't think it will be doing Cheyenne any favors unless they reduce the cost of their cartridges. Also what next? Will they go after the marksman and the Edison machines next? What is more important to them? Selling needles? Or selling machines?

machineboy80
03-05-2012, 09:03 PM
done that i did my own tube isy to do ill post pik later

OwlsDen
03-05-2012, 09:09 PM
done that i did my own tube isy to do ill post pik later

Please do.

fkirons
03-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Good luck with that, look at Rolex, Gucci, LV bags...
It sucks to be copied especially when you work hard to come up with something original...
Unfortunately a small alteration in the design can make the case go to waste.

I agree that those cartridges are a bit expensive but that doesn't give the right to anyone to snatch off a creation that probably took hours of engineering and lots of money.
The T-Teck Cartridge has a different design and it's a one piece Unlike the Hawk...

It's a fine line...i you think about it all coil machines are almost identical to the O'Reilly's version...should be all sued...Maybe

fkirons
03-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Same with Rotaries, the Spaulding revolution has similar system as most glide drive systems machines including my own.
]

OwlsDen
03-06-2012, 04:32 AM
Same with Rotaries, the Spaulding revolution has similar system as most glide drive systems machines including my own.
]

And Ray ( Neo Tat ) was the builder of that machine.

fatcashdaddy
03-06-2012, 09:19 AM
this will go nowhere..I've had all the different cartridges ( hawk,T-tech, the clear chinese ones and now the black ones). they all may look somewhat similiar on the outside and the concept is the same, but when you open them up each one is very different internally from the others. The hawk carts utilize a rubber boot for spring tension, none of the others do. the T-tech's use a rubberband and no boot for tension, none of the others do. the clear cartrides use a spring (no rubber boot) and have needle guides built into the tip (similiar to the hawk). and the black ones also use a spring but do not have any needle guides built into the tip... the hawk and T-tech's use needles that are soldered on to a needle bar that is then clipped and mounted into the cartridge. The clear chinese ones just have needles mounted to the plastic plunger (not soldered at the tip at all) and the black ones have needles soldered at the tip and mounted to a flat plastic end that is then attached to the plunger. the black ones are also a different size cartridge and will not fit anything but their own tubes... subtle differences, no doubt, but enough to void any patent infringment. I also don't think cheyenne invented this system ( I could be wrong), I believe this cartridge type system was used on certain permanent makeup machines before the hawk was engineered and they just adopted and adapted it to their line of machines....

these have been around for a long time and are smaller than any of the tattoo cartridges
http://www.beauinstitute.com/catalog/nouveausafetyneedles-c-24.html

OwlsDen
03-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Fatcashdaddy you nailed it. Those are exactly the cartridges I was thinking that hawk based theirs off of. There was a pen machine that used those that I considered buying like 6-7 years ago.

JohnnyChaos
03-06-2012, 12:57 PM
wow and people complain about the cheyenne cartridges being expensive.. those cosmetic ones are $170 for 15!!

JohnnyChaos
03-06-2012, 01:03 PM

will you send to the UK?

Administrator
03-06-2012, 01:40 PM
wow and people complain about the cheyenne cartridges being expensive.. those cosmetic ones are $170 for 15!!

I know a cosmetic tattooer (micro pigmentation technician) that stopped using the one pen system because after nearly 5 plus years was tired of how proprietary the system was. I think I remember her saying she paid between 8-15$ per needle package she opened.

fatcashdaddy
03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
@ johnnyChaos: yes i just sent some to UK, I think it was 5.00 USD to ship to the UK

that link I put up is from a company in New Jersey. I got some of those nouveau cartridges directly from the manufacturer about 6 months ago and they weren't nearly that expensive, they were comparable to the T-tech cartridges ( I believe it was 19.00 USD for a box of 20 If I remember correctly). The cartridge diameter was thinner than than the hawk or T-tech cartridge..infact the cartridge almost fit into the end of a standard tattoo grip...

slicksteel
03-06-2012, 02:26 PM
that would be some funny shit if
nouveau sued hawk for stilling there shit -almost looks like a exact copy lol also hawk basicly took the idea of their machine from cosmetic machines from ears ago an thru a heavier motor in it.
also the idea of putting needles on a plastic bar has been done many years ago in new zealand and was sold as rebuild kits were you glue them in place.
We all use ideas from each other and bounce of it which is called progress-with out it were would we be as a civilization?
just think if there was only one car,one pair of shoes,one kind of tv etc etc and that one person(later on his family) that thought of the first idea owned it and nobody could ever make another like unless he said so. Were would we be!? back in the stone ages for sure!! Yea I can see if its a exact copy verbatim like some places do it is not good but to change or make better is no problem I see know as I was closed minded before.:)

The Limey
03-06-2012, 02:26 PM
@ johnnyChaos: yes i just sent some to UK, I think it was 5.00 USD to ship to the UK

Were those mine?

Administrator
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
that would be some funny shit if
nouveau sued hawk for stilling there shit -almost looks like a exact copy lol also hawk basicly took the idea of their machine from cosmetic machines from ears ago an thru a heavier motor in it.

I thought Nouveau and Chyenne hawk where the same company?

fatcashdaddy
03-06-2012, 03:34 PM
yes dave those were your yours :)

I got those nouveau contour cartridges from a company in china over 6 months ago and they came packaged exactly as I've seen them on other sites (wish I still had the website) so, if they are the same company........ well then...... ( raises an eyebrow)

slicksteel
03-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I thought Nouveau and Chyenne hawk where the same company?
Maybe they have lic hawk to use them are as you say maybe a branch of the same company.