PDA

View Full Version : I am really about done with coils - real Swiss Machine

OwlsDen
02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
So, I would first like to start with: I bought this machine for my wife for Valentines ( how cool is that? ) and second I only used it a little so I don't know the full promise of it.

Also before I begin, the guys that own this company are very dedicated and very committed to service. I sent them an email asking to buy the parts to black out the machine. ( they sell an all black model ) I told them that I had bought a used machine and was waiting for it. They thanked me for buying one of their machines, told me all the parts I needed and asked for my address to send me the parts for free. I was shocked as this was about 40-50€ of parts, and I had given no proof that I owned one of their machines except the serial number. Well I got the parts a few days before the machine, and I instantly knew that no matter how close a stealth had ever got, it was never very close. Quality is the only word to describe the parts I received. All had a very different tactile feel than stealth parts.

So, in use. The Maxon motor is very strong, and silent. I am talking Neo Tat silent. It is a different sound, very pleasing. The motor is rated at 8000rpm at 7v. So this is not a very quick machine. But what it lacks in speed it makes up for in power. I am very confident that if I wanted to do some traditional work with a large liner, but take my time and make beautiful one pass lines it wouldn't be a problem. Also to slow it down and do some 5-7 tight lines. It would be great. I know this as I did this today. It isn't rapier good, but it is a fully capable all rounder.

This is just the start as now I have access to it anytime I need it. I hope to put it through some salt and pepper black shading in the best few days as that and color packing, will most likely be what it is best at.

If you are like me and want to try all machines, do yourself a favor and at least try it. You will never go stealth ever again.

Administrator
02-15-2012, 05:01 PM
It isn't rapier good, but it is a fully capable all rounder.

Any good machine will eventually find its place in your workflow. Glad to see a good review posted on a machine and builder that deserve much more credit than they generally get.

OwlsDen
02-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Yes, truer words have rarely been spoken. Regardless of if they were the first to make this machine or not. They may have done it the best. I knew I would like it. I didn't know that I would like it this much.

throwhammers
02-16-2012, 03:03 AM
Im glad to see the swiss getting some credit. Ive loved these machines since I first started using them, and I never understood why the stealth (a knockoff) got treated so well. Yeah, the Swiss is a bit more expensive (but cheaper in the states than here! and less than many other rotaries) but you get what you pay for, in this case it is quality manufacturing and the support and service to back it up.
Great machines. Consistent, excellent quality, and in my opinion a great all rounder.

wildboy
02-25-2012, 05:18 AM
The Swiss customer service is second to none I agree on that. I ordered a spring replacement from them and bought it from their website and paid my order with PayPal.

A couple of hours later I had an email from PayPal that my money was sent back and an email from the Swiss guys also and they told me that they saw that I purchased a machine 2 month ago and the replacement for that part was free of charge because I had guarantee on the machine and they sent me 3 new springs!

The machine itself is perfect for colour layering Im using it with a 13mag at 8.5 volts for both shading and colouring and the results are great. I have a feeling that the colours are brighter and the tattoos heal a little faster with the Swiss...

OwlsDen
02-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah it kills me that everyone on this forum doesn't have one. I will eventually buy another.

It is very good at black shading. Any machine that I can really relax and use is great for me. I have done a few pieces that I did some heavy black shading before I ran color over it and it was perfect. Nice slow direct hit matched perfectly with my hand speed.

Alie K
02-26-2012, 02:54 PM
I would still love to own the white sparkly one....

OwlsDen
02-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Throwhammers has that one I think.

throwhammers
02-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Yeah, I have it (But didnt have to pay for it!).
Its just slightly heavier than the standard. I have had a few clients (men) ask if I am tattooing them with "a ladies machine".

wildboy
02-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Lol you should have said of course because some man are pussies when it comes to tattooing

OwlsDen
02-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah, I have it (But didnt have to pay for it!).
Its just slightly heavier than the standard. I have had a few clients (men) ask if I am tattooing them with "a ladies machine".

That is a hard time you must be having over there. If you ever run into some more hard times like that where you get a free machine, I'd be happy to relive you of your burden.

throwhammers
02-27-2012, 06:52 AM
That is a hard time you must be having over there. If you ever run into some more hard times like that where you get a free machine, I'd be happy to relive you of your burden.
Finally someone who understands! It`s just so hard sometimes ;)