PDA

View Full Version : whip,dk cranker,HM rotary

gangstajay
02-17-2012, 10:44 PM
7581well got to do this fun tattoo tonight. I used the wash I made with the white in it for the background and used the HM rotary with a 13 mag at about 7 volts, used the whip for line work and the dan kubin with a 9 mag as well... was his 1st tattoo for his mom. I am going to wait till it heals and hit the flower with some more line weight.

jboo75
02-18-2012, 01:07 AM
Looks clean!!! Do you line with that whip a lot? I'm trying find a good rotary liner.

gangstajay
02-18-2012, 11:34 AM
yes jboo I line with the whip, most of the rotary's that use the crank arm with a 3.5 to 4mm stroke. Dan kubin mini crankers are dope ass liners, the gen 6 and gen 7 swash drive., the Rotary works, nedz. all of these line with ease.. when it comes to machine like the bishop,neo tat they line good as well but you have to stretch the skin more and they give you a tighter line. now with the whip I set mine on 7 on the give slide and only have about a dime or a lil more hanging out , the reason for this is the arm bar is flexible to allow for give, well it cause's the stroke to be a lil longer, if this makes sense. so if you set it on the hardest setting it doesnt happen but as you move the slider back it changes the pivot point . but I run it about 10.4v and it will line with ease