PDA

View Full Version : Original hawk cord

Assassin Rich
02-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know the purpose of the little extension cable for the hawk when using a critical power supply? Mine broke and I rebuilt it my hawk.works but there was some kind of little transitor or cap where it broke. It works without this peice but I.worry its there to regulate.power and without it my hawk will be destroyed.

OwlsDen
02-18-2012, 12:25 PM
It's a capacitor for a starting boost. If it works without it then you don't really need it. At least this is my understanding.

asA
02-18-2012, 10:39 PM
It's a capacitor for a starting boost. If it works without it then you don't really need it. At least this is my understanding.The start up cable with the chip isn't available yet.. So I don't think that's what he is talking about.

OwlsDen
02-18-2012, 10:49 PM
The start up cable with the chip isn't available yet.. So I don't think that's what he is talking about.

I thought the original hawk had a smal cable adapter for running on non-hawk power supplies. I guess I am wrong.

asA
02-19-2012, 12:11 AM
It does but it just converts the cords I believe. I don't think it's anything special.. I haven't payed a whole lot of attention though. Haha only had the thunder for a weekish and just got the hawk and spirit last night.

JohnnyChaos
02-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Yeah i though it was just an adapter cable. Could it something to do with the 12v cut off?

Got my startup cable yesterday :)

OwlsDen
02-19-2012, 06:30 AM
If you could post some pics I might be able to tell you.

asA
02-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah i though it was just an adapter cable. Could it something to do with the 12v cut off?

Got my startup cable yesterday :)Where did you order the cable from?