PDA

View Full Version : changing the motor in the Vivace?

pinkfro
02-19-2012, 02:04 AM
I have almost completely made my decision on my first rotary. I am looking into getting the Vivace in a 3.5 stroke. I thought it would be a good buy for me as I am sure I will want a machine in each stroke eventually.

I was wondering how hard the motors are to change out for them?
Thanks!

Administrator
02-19-2012, 06:03 PM
The motor Cartridge to change the strokes? Two screws, loosen slide out pop new one in, wiggle the glide till it clicks and fits and finger tight the screws again.

pinkfro
02-19-2012, 11:20 PM
thanks! doesnt sound too hard. but probably not something ill want to do to switch machines mid tattoo :(

gangstajay
02-21-2012, 11:41 PM
no it isnt hard at all... no way to f it up... you will like the new neo tat . I own one and it is nice

tatu richie
02-23-2012, 05:13 PM
its nice jat bcause u like pink things in ur hand... just sayin... whats good wit ya homie

biggboy
02-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I have almost completely made my decision on my first rotary. I am looking into getting the Vivace in a 3.5 stroke. I thought it would be a good buy for me as I am sure I will want a machine in each stroke eventually.

I was wondering how hard the motors are to change out for them?
Thanks!

motor is very easy to change out,got a vivace about a week ago had to clean due to ink back flowed thru tube.so i took it apart.to my surprise its very simple and basic..what realy surprised me more was the motor said made in china..uhhhhm

Bishopbyname
02-26-2012, 02:06 PM
motor is very easy to change out,got a vivace about a week ago had to clean due to ink back flowed thru tube.so i took it apart.to my surprise its very simple and basic..what realy surprised me more was the motor said made in china..uhhhhm

I think it's been mentioned in a thread before that Ray uses a custome Mabuchi motor? They are a worldwide company so many of their motors may be made in China. Just because things state "made in china" doesn't make them bad quality. iPhones are built in China. :cool:

Administrator
02-26-2012, 02:16 PM

Japanese company with motors factories all over. At one point they did have more made in Japan but after the earthquake maubuchi japan and maubuchi USA was not reachable at all. Most of thier manufacturing has been moved to china. Still maubuchi owned factories.

biggboy
02-27-2012, 01:19 PM
I think it's been mentioned in a thread before that Ray uses a custome Mabuchi motor? They are a worldwide company so many of their motors may be made in China. Just because things state "made in china" doesn't make them bad quality. iPhones are built in China. :cool:
so true.i was just surprised.quality controlled china made products are great..:cool:..especially with warranty..lol..

Administrator
02-27-2012, 01:20 PM
If you own apple products you buy from a chinese factory. ;)

OwlsDen
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
If you own apple products you buy from a chinese factory. ;)

If you own any computer really. Go and look at where all the chips and resistors are made. Any electronic equipment has at least some Chinese components in them.