PDA

View Full Version : dragonfly Vs. Centri Vs. Inkjeka

adamfromessex
02-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi guys, i would like you opinions please.
i don't contribute too much here, but i view a lot, consider myself a newbie to the industry (6yrs in) and don't tend to contribute as my technical knowledge is very new to rotaries. and the game in general. but i value the opinions here.
Here's my Hypothetical question......
if you had the budget to acquire one of the above machines- which would you consider the best all rounder, i use a hawk spirit, i love her, a lot lighter than my coils, blah blah u know all the pro's.
but i can't help but think, this is a great machine but perhaps there are better, and i hate the high high cartridge costs.
and am considering going backwards, to go forwards, ie. disposable "normal" tubes and needles.
i'm aware of t-tech and love them, but i feel perhaps my eyes might be opened up with something else.&n
like the buzz of the d/fly and the fact that all the top boys i hear recommend it.
the centri and inkjecta's are 2 very impressive bits of kit that i like the reviews on.

please ask away if there are other things u think i want from a machine.
reason i'm asking is i'm literally ready to buy.

ps.i also like the sound of the rapiers for lining. for me the hawk's down fall is perhaps lining, i mean now i am used to her and love the delicacy she allows, i also feel perhaps i need another option "in case" for certain jobs.

i am open to other recomendations too, but feel the above 3 are the top choices

OwlsDen
02-21-2012, 07:35 PM
RapierII = super liner. The others, I have no idea.

slicksteel
02-21-2012, 11:12 PM
yea rapier can do it all with ease. And at half the price they are well made,good motor ,and good customer service.But you do use the hawk which is a no give machine so if you want to stay that route but cut costs get a neo vivace.

tattoosbybill
02-21-2012, 11:45 PM
I have three centris and wouldn't trade them for anything best investment I've made in machines

JohnnyChaos
02-22-2012, 08:38 AM
the Thunder definitely addresses any slight lining issues the Hawk had, but obviously if you're not liking the cartridge prices that's not going to help.

I think you'll be hard pushed to find anyone who's used all 3 and works in a similar style to you.
I've had a long stroke DF which I sold as I didn't like the vibration and didn't think it did anything better than my hawk.
I now have a short stroke DF purely for soft shading in areas were a bit of give really helps.
But I've not tried the other two. I do want to have a go with a centri. but not interested in the inkjecta.

throwhammers
02-22-2012, 08:56 AM
I have never tried the inkjecta, but I have a Centri and a Dragonfly (ls).
They are two completely different machines. I use them both a lot, but i use them for different things. They both have give, but in my opinion it feels different on each machine.
I love lining with the Centri (didnt at first, but after I got used to it, its great). And I use it a lot for packing color. It's kind of big but is balanced well, so you don't really feel it. Mike's customer service is top notch.
The dragonfly lines well too. I also use it alot for grey wash. I really like having the adjustable give. It's light, well balanced, and you can buy any single part from it you need.

Inkslingers
02-22-2012, 09:43 AM
I've ran with an Inkjecta, owned Dragonflies and now run with Centri's...the Inkjecta has it's faults, the Dragon's are really nice...but out of the 3 on your list, I'd go with the Centri. Lines, packs, blends and does some sweet fucking black & grey. If you read the reviews in here on the Centri, you'll see that they're a little different then other rotaries as far as what people tend to agree they work best at. Normally you'll see the majority of people saying a particular machine does one thing better then anything thing else. With the Centri it seems to be all over the board. I believe there's a bigger learning curve with the Centri then most other machines. Just as an example, I was about to throw in the towel on lining with it...took some figuring out, but now I think it rocks as a liner. You'll see that over and over in here, members saying that they didn't dig it for one thing at first till they gave it some time...point being that the machine does it all, and does it all well...you just have to get to know it! I'm sure that you'd probably rather hear from people that a machine does everything you're looking for right out of the box, which it may very well for you...but tipping the scales should be that you're seeing it is very capable of doing anything you're looking for, and then some.

Also helps that Mike's (owner) customer service is so killer. He'll do everything but hold your hand while you're tattooing to make sure your machine is happening for you.

adamfromessex
02-22-2012, 11:44 AM
you know what guys, really appreciate this, reconfirming alotta thoughts i couln't quite pin point, but u verbalised them exactly. thank u.
any more advise is greatly appreciated.
Adam

Inkslingers
02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
I pulled these lines this morning with the Centri...first pass before calligraphying anything. This kid sat like a bitch, was just all over the place on me. A good example of why I like having the Centri in my arsonal...the machine does have a lower pain factor then most, I doubt he would have been able to take getting lined with my coils.7709