PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk Mobile App!

Alie K
02-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Testy-testy one...two...three?!? Does this mean the new mobile app works?! (I was told no "profanity" or "vulgar" words using tapatalk. I wasn't sure if that included dangly body parts)

This message was beamed directly from outerspace via tapatalk.

Alie K
02-21-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm soooo sorry! I really am! I know the forum is addictive and stuff, but I think I just made it worse by adding Tapatalk! Uh oh... now what? Rotary Forum All Day Every Day Yaaaaayyy!

**Enjoy** <3

slicksteel
02-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Seems to work great!:p

OwlsDen
02-21-2012, 11:02 PM
I will have to get the app. Thanks!

Administrator
02-21-2012, 11:09 PM
If you do not already have tapatalk it will work on just about every mobile device. The choice to ad this over a few others took some though and planning. The good is we know it works on just about every mobile device including the ipad. The downside is it will cost you about $3 to download it and install it on your phone or tablet. Sorry, there where other options that would have made it free for you but would have cost us money we don't really have and would rather be spending on other upgrades we still want to make. The current version kind sucks, I will admit since the forum skin and style sheets are a little long in the tooth for right now. I will upgrade this as we get the rest of the forum upgraded down the line.

If you use apple go to the itunes store and download tapatalk
If use android go to the android marketplace and download tapatalk
If you use blackberry go to the appstore and download tapatalk

After you down load it search for the forum by putting in "rotary tattoo forum" and tell it you wanna log in. Tapatalk is pretty easy to learn, If you have technical issues please let me know but some things are beyond me and mean you have to complain to tapatalk if you don't like it. We don't make a cent on this app the small company that programmed the app make most of the $3 you pay for it. Bonus is if you are on other forums many of them have this installed so if your into cars, motorcycles, cats, dogs whatever you might find other forums to browse with this app.

Administrator
02-22-2012, 12:27 AM
For those of you on iPads. Be sure to buy the HD version of the app. I think its a few bucks more but it will render better on the ipad with that version of the app.

If you have an android tablet not the phone you probably wont need the app as the site I am told renders pretty good on the android tablets on its own. Android phone though, you might want to consider coughing up the $3.

Tat2dPinoy
02-22-2012, 12:39 AM
just when I thought this couldn't be more addictive haha

spoonertattoos
02-22-2012, 06:08 AM
im late. what does it do? just make it so you can use the forum on your phone or is it some kind of voice activated thing? The website doenst really say.

Administrator
02-22-2012, 07:19 AM
Depending on if you use a phone or tablet over a computer most of the time the app strips the forum down to be really simple and fast to load on the mobile device. Not everyone needs to use it, we got a lot of requests from people who rely mostly on mobile devices over a traditional computer.

Alie K
02-23-2012, 02:06 AM
People with Ipads (I think, depending on which version of tapatalk you get) can now post photos taken with them when they write posts.

jdawg
02-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Exciting!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Neo
02-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Is it good where you can do all you can with the non app ? Like ebay dont let you do everything you can do
with a non app like normal webpage. Sounds cool but on my iphone i use the regualr web not app versions cause they hold you back from doing everything. May try it out its only $3, I have pretty old firmware so i wonder if it would work. My iphone is jailbroke so maybe cydia has the cracked free version like it usualy does, unles you make a little cash of it then i will just buy from itunes app store :)

I thought that was a spam pop up or something lol

Administrator
02-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Is it good where you can do all you can with the non app ? Like ebay dont let you do everything you can do
with a non app like normal webpage. Sounds cool but on my iphone i use the regualr web not app versions cause they hold you back from doing everything. May try it out its only $3, I have pretty old firmware so i wonder if it would work. My iphone is jailbroke so maybe cydia has the cracked free version like it usualy does, unles you make a little cash of it then i will just buy from itunes app store :)

I thought that was a spam pop up or something lol

We make nothing on the app. If we bought the license to rebrand it we would but that does not come cheap. I have heard of pirated copies of it existing. Tapatalk re-formats the forum layout so it fits in the phone better and speeds it up a little. If the site had ads usually tapatalk removes those unless you opt into monetizing with keyword ad words. This was an option too through the vibrant ad network but we opted out as I figured you guys would rather not want to have the word tattoo highlighted constantly.

Administrator
02-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Exciting!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How do you like the app? Was it more to buy the HD version?

Sage Oz
02-24-2012, 06:12 AM
I'm really liking the app now that I'm getting used to it. Good upgrade!

Administrator
02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Tapatalk has pretty regular upgrades to its own software. If you see an updated version notification ever make sure you download it.

OwlsDen
02-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Best features in the app are: easily delete messages, and uploading pictures. It has been a good upgrade for me too.

chrishess
04-08-2012, 02:03 AM
love it! i actually think i like the layout better on ipad than here on my regular computer.