PDA

View Full Version : Trying Mini-Evolution Some More

Alie K
02-23-2012, 01:59 AM
I have a client who came in with an illustration of a dragon that he wanted tattooed on his back. He's been a champ and sits really well. Today I had the chance to try out my experimental Mini-Evolution some more. Roman prefers it for lining, and I wanted to see how it did with some coloring and shading. It's meant for smaller configurations - up to 9's. I tried it with a 7mag today so that I could get into some of the little spots. I had another machine set up for the larger, 11mag.

**Sorry if the dog head is distracting - I post these to Tumblr, which go onto facebook, and they're such a 'pain in the ass' (nyuk nyuk!) about butts being visible.

What really surprised me was the amount of give it had. It was really interesting. If you check out the front of the armature bar, you'll notice something very unique about this machine. It's got a swivel. I wasn't sure how it would affect the feel of tattooing, but it truly felt unusual for a rotary machine.

Now, I honestly can't remember the last time I picked up a coil to do any black and grey. Seriously, it's been a long time. I'm almost afraid they are rusting from lack of use! lol I've become very accustomed to the 'no give' feel of working with rotaries. I like how they can be adjusted with voltage, and I don't have to mess around with contact screws and spring tensions. This rotary REALLY reminded me of the way a coil machine feels! (or felt, I should say. haha)

It behaved very much like a coil - even when I got to the 'squishy parts' on my client, I was reminded of the way I used to stretch the skin to accommodate the give in a coil machine. It was kind of neat - but so much lighter than a coil!

I'm looking forward to using it a lot more and pushing this little machine's limits. It's very cool.
:o

phil geck
02-23-2012, 02:52 AM
that tattoo is bad ass Alie!!! that machine also looks great.... who makes it? and where might i get my hands on one?

peter clements
02-23-2012, 07:08 AM
I'll be adding one of these to my line-up. I'm deffinitly starting to come near to a conclusion, that crank style rotaries, be it spring mounted or pivot ,are of better overall performance than slide piston rotaries,they just seem to make an easier job of doing more things all around.

The Limey
02-23-2012, 08:56 AM
That pivot at the end of the armature is pretty cool, I wonder if that helps keep the needle action more linear?

aurelien
02-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Killer tattoo Alie !! That swivel thing intrigues me a lot.

wildboy
02-23-2012, 09:31 AM
No worries about the dogs head Im not eager to see a mans butt crack ^^

Sounds very interesting specially the "coil like feel but lighter" part... Sounds like the next machine on the list. Lucky for me I can pick one up at the Ink Explosion in Möänchengladbach and hopefully meet Roman personally

OwlsDen
02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
No worries about the dogs head Im not eager to see a mans butt crack ^^

Sounds very interesting specially the "coil like feel but lighter" part... Sounds like the next machine on the list. Lucky for me I can pick one up at the Ink Explosion in Möänchengladbach and hopefully meet Roman personally

When is that?

elbo
02-23-2012, 02:04 PM
I'll be adding one of these to my line-up. I'm deffinitly starting to come near to a conclusion, that crank style rotaries, be it spring mounted or pivot ,are of better overall performance than slide piston rotaries,they just seem to make an easier job of doing more things all around.

I agree Peter...the slide driven machines really dont suit me...my 2 mini evolutions are fantastic...I shall be seeing how they line with a big grouping liner very soon...i gotta feeling they will handle it easily!

wildboy
02-23-2012, 02:04 PM
http://www.tattooinkexplosion.com/de/

One of the best locations you can imagine and a pretty good line up the last two years I havent checked for this year

CROWN Machines
02-23-2012, 02:23 PM
hi chris,

hoffe alles gut bei dir??
jo noch ein paar Tage dann ist es wieder soweit, INK EXPLOSION III - 500m von mir entfernt.

Besten Gruss
Mario

wildboy
02-23-2012, 02:33 PM
hast dus gut die messe gleich umme ecke!

Roman HM tattoomachines
02-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Hello
I wasnt sure if going myself to ink explosión or sending machines with my friend. But i am almost sure i will be going myself. It would be nice to meet some of the members of the forum in person!

OwlsDen
02-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Well I hope to see you there, I am going to try and make it myself.