PDA

View Full Version : Modifying the Treasure chest

OwlsDen
02-23-2012, 06:06 PM
First I like to start with Cary has awesome machines, can't imagine being without my rapier. Alas my first rotary was my treasure chest. The only reason that I don't use it more is that only half my tubes fit it. My American spec tubes for it well but my British spec do not at all ( Micky Sharpz liner tubes are awesome by the way ). Has anyone gone as far as taking a dremel and making the hole bigger. I know Cary mentioned that he was going to mod the TC to fit more tubes but I need to mod mine. I don't want to send it all the way to America, and was wondering if anyone had done it.

Administrator
02-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Are your UK spec tubes shorter in length then the North American ones?

OwlsDen
02-23-2012, 06:26 PM
No wider.

jboo75
02-23-2012, 06:57 PM
I actually took mine to a machine shop and matched it to a hyper 2 hole. I got it from serenity from a trade and could barely push a disposabe from kingpin in it, and none of my stainless tubes would even go in it. I thought it was something wrong with my machine. Not being the patient man and wanting to try it with all my configurations, I took it to a machine shop after Cary told me what to tell them to do. Five bucks later it is perfect now.

jboo75
02-23-2012, 06:59 PM
I dont know why i assumed that the tubes would be universl worldwide, that is good to know.

Big Oh
02-23-2012, 07:07 PM
I had the same problem. I just taped a piece of sandpaper on the outer diameter of a drill bit ( much smaller than hole), placed it in my drill chuck and reamed out the paint that was on the inside diameter of machine. Works great now! There is nothing worse than trying to jam a tube into a hole that wont fit, only to have the tube get stuck.

Neo
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Somebody told me they took a dremel to the TC vice hole but i cant remember who sorry.

nivek
02-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Dremels will make a sloppy hole. Take to to a machine shop and have it drilled, if thats an option.

OwlsDen
02-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Yeah I think that is the best bet is to have it machined. Thanks guys. Now I just have to figure out what machine to match it to. I think I will just find a tube that doesn't fit and hand them that.

Baldrick
02-24-2012, 03:01 AM
I had a dremel attachment that was a abrasive cylinder - a minute later - all sorted. Have done both of mine.

Roman HM tattoomachines
02-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Hello owlsden
I will be in inkexplosion if You will be there, let me know i will take a tool that fix the hole in 2 minutes( its a hand tool) . I fixed this 100 times and have the exact size. Will be Glad to fix it for You, ando of You aré going to the show dont spend time and Money fixing it!
And please dont try to file it ir dremel it! It will maje a sloppy hole and it will be very difficult to fix!
Roman

OwlsDen
02-24-2012, 05:33 AM
Thanks Roman I will let you know if I am going to be there.

tugg
02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
get an 8mm drill bit and spin it by hand ,it only got to shave the slightest bit to take off and it will be straight as it runs through

OwlsDen
02-24-2012, 04:58 PM
I think I am gonna head to inkslplosion and Roman said he would mod it for me. Besides that new mini he has might just have to be mine anyways. I like that solution for give on it. looks like a cool machine.

framey
02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
yup easy fix
5/16 tubes for usa or 8mm for uk /eu

i think pulse do one that has both on them

tattooedpirate2
02-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Just get an oversized chucking reamer from a machine shop supplier put it in a drill and secure the machine in a vise and ream the hole out. Reamers are about $15.00 in the USA.