PDA

View Full Version : Rotor Machine....

Clone Boy
02-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Just spotted this that i haven't seen before. Any ideas folks?
Shop link.>>>http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/Rotar_Tattoo_Machine_Black_Red.html

OwlsDen
02-25-2012, 06:59 PM
There are a bunch of threads about the Rotar <--- correct spelling. Apparently it is forever improving and is quite a good machine. But needs improvement still the next version is the one to buy I imagine.

The Limey
02-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Its not made in Germany either :D

Clone Boy
02-25-2012, 07:06 PM
And there was me thinking that i had found something new to talk about. Bugger! haha :p

OwlsDen
02-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Hmm that is some shady shit. Why would they say manufactured in Germany? My understanding is that it is from the Philippines and uses a Mabuchi motor. Maybe they outsourced the frames to here in Germany that could explain the crazy long wait some people had.

Clone Boy
02-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Have you heard if there any good den?:confused:

Sage Oz
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
I LOVE mine, now that I've got it modified and know how to set it up. Works awesome for everything now. The tube vise is horrid though. Takes two minutes longer to adjust and tighten(which is kinda loose still), but it stays put since the weight is sooo lite. And man, it is light. Mine is only 53 grams. Super easy to move around and it lays it in with a really proper blend of speed and power(ive color packed with up to with an 11 mag) or smooth greys at speed with a lite touch. Amazing for such a small machine. Only thing left on it that really needs redesign is the vise and the slider as it is a bit underbuilt and prone to twisting. I ended up filing and polishing the frame flat where the armature post exits and adding a nylon washer under the nipple shimmed to allow free movement and it keeps the motion much more linear. I also with this machine am using needle runners and wraith grips with much satisfaction. Build quality is very good too, though i did need to file off a lot of sharp edges. I've already voided my warranty on it many times over lol...

OwlsDen
02-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Yeah, it sounds like a great machine. And once they sort out the vice, I may try one.

Clone Boy
02-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Do we know when there remodel is due to be released and is it a Mabuchi motor??

Sage Oz
02-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Pretty sure it's a mubachi motor. I've no idea as to the release of the next incarnation, might be a while since he just sent out these newest ones that were just assembled from the last machinists order a few weeks ago and probably still has some left. Nin said he will be changing the vise on the next one but not sure of any other fixes.

Clone Boy
02-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Does the vice take standard disposable tubes do you know?

Sage Oz
02-26-2012, 06:06 AM
I use Tatsoul wrath disposable tubes with a paper towel wrapped grip and this machine is stupid lite and comfy set-up, the whole shebang weighs about the same as a 1" tub and grip.

tatu richie
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
i wouldnt ever waste my money again for one of these just my opinion, TOO many flaws that should have been fixed b4 they take ur money... also my tubes dont even fit and shit falls apart on it... yea YOU can fix it with lock tight and add o ring and greese vice... but why the hell we gotta do that....
save ur money and buy a machine that has its kinks worked out... yea ill bash this till its fixed replaced of new one that is worth a damn...
signed VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

throwhammers
03-01-2012, 02:09 AM
I think the Rotar has its issues, but I dont think I have ever owned a machine I couldnt find something I would like changed on it. I think with the shift the issues are more with the form and not the function.
The rotar works, and it works pretty well; once you get used to its idiosyncrasies. Its not my favorite machine, but I like it.

Rotar
03-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Hi all, im happy to happen to login again in the forum, im really sorry for the no update. ive been really really busy with my new surprise to the tattoo community when our new product will come. Its not a machine, nor a product u can hold. i will inform soon once all we have been very busy with comes out. All people who got my old machines with problems to it were subject to exchange when our fully developed product comes out based on international review, comment criticisms had been gathered, we are already close to build on our new machine in which all previous flaws are now much anticipated and corrected.
1. No more machine holes on frames, only contours to still achieve the lightening of the machine.
2. Piston inside is now precisely fit to eliminate sideplay.
3. Needle pin is adjusted so that the needle bar stays on the middle, and needle pin is adjusted so that it is not very tight for the grommet and the loop.
4. Vise of course is changed, no more twisting during setup, and it can now accommodate the larger tubes and the finger lock is now very easy to lock/unlock.
5. Stand is redesigned for added strength and stability.
6. Adjustment knob is now here.
7. Connection is still in Mono plug with an extra RCA Adapter for free.
8. Rubberband anchor will of course be filed, no more sharp object.
9. Complete GIVE is now live.
10. Serial number is now in place.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151316634012923&amp;set=vb.553337922&amp;typ e=2&amp;theater

Thank you very much everyone for the support and for giving feedback with my machine which really helps a lot. :)

Nin -

P.S. I hope i can login more often. thank you all guys.

THAT MACHINE FROM THE TATTOOSHOP.co.uk i emailed them not to post a misleading Made in Germany info and did not reply to me yet.
all our machines are Purely Built in the Philippines... Thank you.

gray silva
03-26-2012, 06:02 PM
my machine still hasn't arrived. I ordered it through David Garrett through his facebook page 'New Rotarys'. He seems to have taken a lot of orders and money but not delivering the machines.

Sage Oz
03-26-2012, 09:22 PM
There's some very informative threads on here about the Rotar, I am one of several that waited about 3months for ours....

gray silva
04-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Quick update, David Garrett, U.K. distributor for Rotar has now disappeared with the cash for my machine. He also owes at least 8 other tattooists, that I know of, a machine or refund. The owner of the company who posts on facebook as rotar machine didn't even get back to my complaint about his distributor. I've informed the authorities including customs and excise who will now be keeping a very close eye on anything imported to the UK from this company. A total con job!

elbo
04-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Quick update, David Garrett, U.K. distributor for Rotar has now disappeared with the cash for my machine. He also owes at least 8 other tattooists, that I know of, a machine or refund. The owner of the company who posts on facebook as rotar machine didn't even get back to my complaint about his distributor. I've informed the authorities including customs and excise who will now be keeping a very close eye on anything imported to the UK from this company. A total con job!

The Rotar leaves a trail of havoc ...rip offs ,bad design,and poor customer service....i havent seen the so called builder on here for a very long time...Obviously not a product worth defending or developing any further!

Ta2GeezerUK
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Where was this guy based? That is so shitty, I feel for ya's

tatu richie
04-14-2012, 04:23 PM
the builder is in the philapines (spelling) and yea the product is shit... garbage, cocka, hopeless and poor.. i did own one...
granted if u redo some things on it then its an ok machine, but why should u have to do that?

Rotar
04-15-2012, 11:03 AM
call me anything... thats fine with me. i know its more important to focus on the development of my product other than what else are saying. i already did sent the machines to david and i stopped working with him anymore as it caused another trouble, he is not my distributor, he just said he is, he just said he want to sell my product. grey, i did not see ur mesage in my facebook, i am always online there, and i have answered every people who have concerns with david. i will soon release the perfect machine we are now working. we have a good mechanism already with a give system and its works extremely well and its a less-stress to the skin as we have a very effective give. we have changed upper piston material for the needle pin strength. vise lock is already new and its more like a guitar adjuster key. precision is more anticipated. thanks to the good and bad feedbacks. i am a startup and i know there are flaws and have importantly discussed with the manufacturing plant engineers not to do the same mistake again as it cause so much liability and loss on my part. and our manufacturing plant are new to tattoo machines. i know there are rooms for improvement. but i am very much willing to exchange those machine with issues and swap with the version without a flaw that we are working on right now. i dont have to login here more often as i know theres a lot of people jumping too much into conclusion, though some are nice and contribute a lot. but some are too much. this is the progress so far, this is not the colorway, its just used for the CAD to identify the parts... we will take more time on the development this time. we also ordered heavy duty jacks and 3.5mm mono plug from US for our machines as a commitment to developing our product better. we will make prototypes of this new version and will test for a longer period of time before we release them for official launch. thanks anyway and i appreciate all of u even to those who hate me a lot. PEACE to you all.

tatu richie
04-15-2012, 11:07 AM
well alot of artists have been skrewed over with the unfinished and bad build,,, doesnt make it right bcause it had some flaws, then fix them bfore u sell them,,,

Rotar
04-15-2012, 11:33 AM
i know tatu, thats what we are doing now. please be kind. just like any other machines had flaws on early versions and flaws only come from many people using it. different machine have different flaw discovered. we didnot intend to sell them with flaws, it just happen that the one we tested out had not the same flaw as the one u had in ur hand or with other hands. and im thankful for a collective feedback gathered from different people but i will never quit as we are almost there and as i said i will be happy to exchange all of them.

fkirons
04-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Hmm that is some shady shit. Why would they say manufactured in Germany? My understanding is that it is from the Philippines and uses a Mabuchi motor. Maybe they outsourced the frames to here in Germany that could explain the crazy long wait some people had.
the Tattoo Shop UK is actually World Wide Tattoo Operating with another name in the UK.
They are full of it, you can also find in their catalog my knock offs http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/Iron_Series.html
and http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/Poison_Ivy_Tattoo_Machine_Purple.html

I wouldn't buy a single needle from them.

tatu richie
04-15-2012, 12:25 PM
well if u are down to take them back for exchange of newer model then that is great and good biz. just let me know and ill send it out when the new one is ready.
thnx, Richie

Rotar
04-15-2012, 01:21 PM
hey gaston. yeah. the machines from thetattooshop in uk did not come from me but from another source but its original. and i emailed them why they said its made in germany when in fact inside the box of the machine there is a label that it is made in the philippines. i tried email them but never got any response. i will for sure never work with those who sell knock-offs or those who are trying to tell people with wrong information. especially these suppliers are very much prone to take machines to china and work with chinese manufacturers and profit wholesale together with the chinese manufacturers to chinese distributors. i know somebody who have contact in china and i think they too are untouchable in the tattoomachine knockoff industry in china. so its not only the chinese manufacturers who wants to copy machines but people who are not chinese who bring original product to the chinese manufacturers and work together to distribute products solely for profit. for me, it wont bother me at all if ever i will see mine being copied future as i know there are market for the originals and there are market for the replicas and replicas help advertise ur brand as well, somehow. just my 2cents.

yes richie i for sure dont want to create a negative stream of energy for my machine. i dont want more and more thoughts to be stored in the matrix and expand it with more of the same thoughts and hit me back.

Cyberitual
04-15-2012, 01:41 PM
This is exactly why I build to order and dont mess with distributers. Man sounds like a nightmare! Dont worry rotar everything has flaws and can only get better! keep you head up ears open and don't stop!

Rotar
04-15-2012, 01:52 PM
yeah for sure. thanks mike. . . i love the very effective give to hit the skin. even the hardhitter config feels very soft on skin.

fkirons
04-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Before launching give protos to several great artists that know their shit. Let them put as many hours as possible and collect their feedback. Go back and make changes until you can make most of those artists 99% satisfied.

Rotar
04-15-2012, 10:39 PM
thanks man! definitely. . .

Sage Oz
04-15-2012, 10:39 PM
I'd be happy to help test out the next prototype, it'd be a great way for you to make up for the prior fiasco and help make sure that it's running as it should. I promise to give real and unbiased feedback.

artoftatt2
04-15-2012, 10:42 PM
I do 30 to 40 tattoos a week. I have run all of the rotaries out their except the centri and I would be willing to do a written review and help to market them in the Chicago area.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?s5zvg3

gray silva
04-16-2012, 04:23 PM
He's based in London, or so i thought. I've just been given his business address, 150 miles away from the capital. I feel a road trip coming on.

slicksteel
04-16-2012, 04:25 PM
I would also be happy to test this one out-if it was free of charge for me as i bought the last one and had a lot of problems send back the first one the wait etc.

gray silva
04-16-2012, 04:29 PM
. i already did sent the machines to david and i stopped working with him anymore as it caused another trouble, he is not my distributor, he just said he is, he just said he want to sell my product. grey, i did not see ur mesage in my facebook, i am always online there, and i have answered every people who have concerns with david. i know there are rooms for improvement. but i am very much willing to exchange those machine with issues and swap with the version without a flaw that we are working on right now.
I don't hate you, just the guys selling you r machines. If you're happy to swap faulty or problem machines, are you prepared to take the hit and send machines out to those people who've been ripped off by david?

The Limey
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
the Tattoo Shop UK is actually World Wide Tattoo Operating with another name in the UK.
They are full of it, you can also find in their catalog my knock offs http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/Iron_Series.html
and http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/Poison_Ivy_Tattoo_Machine_Purple.html

I wouldn't buy a single needle from them.

Might be old news but if not, this (http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/The_Cathedral_Shader_Tattoo_Machine.html) might make you chuckle ;)

slicksteel
04-16-2012, 08:19 PM
yea they finally got burned! lol

fkirons
04-16-2012, 11:24 PM
yea they finally got burned! lol
I got them out of Tattoo Master Magazine. They used to run a full ad of my knock offs on the inside from cover.

tatu richie
04-17-2012, 01:44 AM
when i see the new one in exchange for the last then thats when ill believe it... talk is cheap (no pun intended) actions speak louder then words...

skinmech
04-17-2012, 04:14 AM
Might be old news but if not, this (http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/The_Cathedral_Shader_Tattoo_Machine.html) might make you chuckle ;)

LOL..:D..

Seems to be a lot of Drama surrounding the Rotar, once the exchange's happen, then I will look on it in a positive light...

tatu richie
04-17-2012, 08:19 AM
thats what im saying, that would make it right

fkirons
04-17-2012, 11:10 AM
I bought a Rotar myself and I was never able use. I was promised an exchange 5 months ago. I'm still waiting.:rolleyes:

tatu richie
04-17-2012, 12:59 PM
hahahahaha then i guess talk is cheap then fk? sux that someone esp a builder is gonna be that way. he can say what he wants but actions prove more

Rotar
04-17-2012, 01:07 PM
i agree with u tatu. talk is cheap.

tatu richie
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
mmmm hmmmm like i said we will see. hope it works out

fkirons
04-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Rotar is trying hard and I believe he means good. It must be really hard to try to come up with a cutting edge product when you are in Philippine and the economy and resources are not by your side. Especially after all the natural disasters.

However, don't rush the lunch. 3-4 major design revisions after the machine wen't out for sale could have been avoided in a good prototyping and testing stage. Put hours on your protos and have several artists (good ones) be part of the testings.

I'll wait for the machine, I'm not in a rush. Even if you take longer, remember to follow up with the people that puts you in business. A simple email explaining the current situation can get you a long way.

My post did not intend to bash, It was more of a friendly reminder :)
Good Luck and keep us posted.

Rotar
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM
thank u very much fk. thank u very much. always noted. :)

Frosty
04-18-2012, 03:36 PM
mine shipped out monday and I'm excited to use it.. even with all the pros and cons i hear it sounds like the machine is a hell of great idea and with all the bs nin is getting i think he's handling it like a good man and business man should.

Think Ink
04-18-2012, 03:58 PM
I was very interested in this machine but as I said a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't touch them while there is still flaws.
I agree 100% with what FK said " However, don't rush the lunch. 3-4 major design revisions after the machine wen't out for sale could have been avoided in a good prototyping and testing stage. Put hours on your protos and have several artists (good ones) be part of the testings."

I can't believe that the protos wern't tested properly because from what I can gather the " one" rotor tried didn't have the same flaws as everyone else had, so does that mean that only one proto was tested :rolleyes: .

FK just out of interest how can the tattooshop.co.uk get away with selling knock offs of your machines ?

fkirons
04-19-2012, 12:52 AM
FK just out of interest how can the tattooshop.co.uk get away with selling knock offs of your machines ?
because I haven't found them in person (yet) and busted their head wide open with king kong's dildo.
This company attempted to buy our machines a few years ago but since we called them out for catering to scratchers mainly we refused. I guess that was like their way of retaliation. Bad move. I already got them out of Tattoo Master Magazine, reported them to eBay, got them banned from a few conventions in Europe where the organizers won't let them put a booth and I will make anything I can to stop their unethical move to sell knock offs.

A few other friends in the industry also stopped doing business with them. Little by little justice is being served.

slicksteel
04-19-2012, 12:58 AM
It seems that these china company will try to carry, and sell your machine to anybody and when you refuse they will make a copy and sell it.

fkirons
04-19-2012, 01:05 AM
It seems that these china company will try to carry, and sell your machine to anybody and when you refuse they will make a copy and sell it.
that's basically what they have been doing for years. Look at Mickey Sharps, Next Generation, Aaron Cain, etc.. now they are doing the same with any rotary out there.

If Gucci and Prada can't stop them imagine us small time companies...

Sage Oz
04-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Actually the situation with Gucci and other fashion knockoffs is quite a bit different and not nearly as bad for them as it is for you and the other quality machine builders... Those fancy $500 handbags are exactly the same as the $5 knockoffs (that cost $1.50 to make)because they are ALL manufactured in the same factory to the same standards, the ONLY difference is that the pricey ones are tagged in the home offices in Milan instead of the factory of origin. It's like if you sold your machines(if they were made in china) at 300X the cost because someone was rich and stupid enough to buy them at that price. It's also hard to feel for the Gucci's anyways... Those rich assholes have lived rediculously disgustingly lavish lives off of the hardships and wasted, deminished lives of thousands of third world peasants for decades, so Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Them!!!

skinmech
04-19-2012, 02:06 AM
I keep all my FKI's in my Louis Vuitton, OH MY GOD SAGE, Gucci Handbags, are sooooo like last century.:o

Sage Oz
04-19-2012, 02:27 AM
I hope they are 'real' L.V. Bags!!! Cause those purses wouldn't caress your machines as softly if some socialite isn't blowing your money away on $12,000 call girls lol....

fkirons
04-19-2012, 02:49 AM
hahahahaha

gray silva
05-08-2012, 04:38 AM
So my Rotar machine finally made it's way to me through a 3rd party! It's not for me. If anyone on here would like to buy it it is for sale, £200.00. it's probably easier to contact me through email, [email protected], if you're interested.

The Limey
05-08-2012, 05:01 AM
I keep all my FKI's in my Louis Vuitton, OH MY GOD SAGE, Gucci Handbags, are sooooo like last century.:o

LOL I saw someone selling LV monogram coils on the bay the other day mate, you'll need them too!

Sage Oz
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
So my Rotar machine finally made it's way to me through a 3rd party! It's not for me. If anyone on here would like to buy it it is for sale, £200.00. it's probably easier to contact me through email, [email protected], if you're interested.

You should start a for sale or trade thread...

hellraiser6662
05-09-2012, 04:32 PM
What dont you like about it? Please say just interested in this machine

hellraiser6662
05-10-2012, 05:53 AM
When is the new rotar out then? I know Dts has them but im been put off, not just from here but just in general as the last rotary I got ( the whip) I had to do a lot of messing around to make it work for me and money is tight these days

gray silva
05-10-2012, 03:07 PM
What dont you like about it? Please say just interested in this machine

It's just a bit too light for me, doesn't quite pack colour in as quickly as I'd like. I could spend time with it and get used to it but i'd rather sell it and get another Bishop.

Rotar
05-11-2012, 03:16 AM
try adjusting the upper adjustment screw with a hex...