PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Motor City show.

rjdadio
02-26-2012, 11:22 AM
We'll, I'm here in Detroit having a good time. I had a bunch of machines with me for the show and they were all gone early Sat.....sorry I didn't bring enough for all of you guys.
This is a very good show as it has been observation in the past....Tramp and company does a great job!

On a heavier note......

I brought out a few copies of a new machine I have been working on..... for different artists to give em a test drive. It is a brass machine finished in the old school way.

It weighs in at 7 ounces, and I think it is a little heavy and didn't think it would be of interest......but I guessed wrong in a big way! The artists that have run it so far say it is soooo smooth and has no, I mean, no vibration at all. The machine acts like it hits softer but the big tradition line work I have seen this week using this critter is great. One artist said it is like drawing with a sharpie, it is so tight. I watched Ryan do a BIG piece in a shorter time using it. So I'm excited! Have three more artists ready to give one a try today, so let's see what they think.

asA
02-26-2012, 12:29 PM
That looks sweet.

OwlsDen
02-26-2012, 12:33 PM
I hope you take that to production. It looks amazing. I love the clip cord lugs and the rustic bronze. That is the coolest machine that you have made yet.

The Limey
02-26-2012, 01:33 PM
You can send me one of these Ray but make the hardware copper lol ;)

Bishopbyname
02-26-2012, 02:03 PM
If it's anything like the other Vivaces i bet it's awesome! :)

rjdadio
02-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Well the show went great! I'm worn out.......
I'm doing this project for a famous tattoo artist...as his signature machine, so I wanted to get some feedback from other artists before I put out a limited run of the machine. Copper pegs might be good.....he wants brass, and on his I will machine the pegs with a relief between them for easier clipcording. I still want to add some relief carving of one of his skulls on top, but that has become a troublesome task at this point.
So when I get it all worked out.... will be a fun project.

Hell City is my next stop!

nivek
02-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Love the look of it, I would buy one.

Sage Oz
02-26-2012, 09:00 PM
That'll be my first vivace when you make a production run. Looks so very nice. Copper parts would be sick. I'd love to biomech carve one...

rjdadio
02-27-2012, 12:24 AM
I will look into copper hex stock this next week. I'm thinking.....I may release at NIX this year....have to talk with Nick about that.

rjdadio
02-27-2012, 12:29 AM
going to have to figure out how to ship them into Canada for the show....don't want to try and bring em across this time.

Alie K
02-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Can't wait for NIX so I can see and [wo]man handle these babies in person!!!!

rjdadio
02-27-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm think'n....... you may not have to wait that long?

Administrator
02-27-2012, 11:38 AM
going to have to figure out how to ship them into Canada for the show....don't want to try and bring em across this time.

I will catch up with you this week on helping sort that issue out.

Sarenity Tattoo
02-28-2012, 07:06 PM
i had the pleasure of holding one of these at the Detroit expo, it was heavy (in comparison) and solid feeling, id be very interested in one or two of these with a 1/8 mini-jack. just throwing that out there ray, thanks