PDA

View Full Version : Mini Cranker Colors..what do you want??

Dan Kubin
02-29-2012, 12:39 AM
I am going to be doing a run of some same color machines... hopefully to help keep the wait time down on orders.
I have over 30 different powders, so my orders are all over the place on what people would want... no color seems to be more popular
anyways, I would really like to see what you guys think.
thanks

Alie K
02-29-2012, 02:25 AM
dirty teal blue with gold parts http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQasEvEN7s4AfKwEvowPF0pLoFAawXp_ RXEN2lw9kiiGi82QqT4dg

or dirty teal green with gold parts http://www.hottubcovers.net/imgs/colors/color-teal-green.jpg

Deakon
02-29-2012, 02:40 AM
What you need is a uk stockist too, to cut down delivery times. Hint hint.

thesmokingmirror
02-29-2012, 04:44 AM
can you make a color chart for those 30 finishes?

OwlsDen
02-29-2012, 04:55 AM
I think you should do a base color system black, blue, red, yellow, white have all of those with the same color hardware such as brass, make a bunch make them cheaper and send them to distributors so you can get the easy stuff out of your hair. Also get a EU distributor be it British or mainland.

Then ask everyone what they want. At the end of the day I want a machine that runs great. I don't always care about color. Given the option for color I tend to go black or bronze. But if I sit and ponder it and really had to pick one or two colors. Bright international orange ( the old GM big block engine color ) and the old doctors office somewhere between seafoam green and teal.

wildboy
02-29-2012, 05:00 AM
color no. 31 purple

Sage Oz
02-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Metallic lime green with violet hardware.

Zapp
02-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Dan,its perfect how it is ! Please,dont change anything !!!!

Sekt
02-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Blue is the planets favourite colour, but I think sky blue would suit the mini cranker particularly well. Thats because the mini cranker is solid, sort of angular, purposeful - male looking. Sky blue would balance it out.

Female or baby colours would suit. For example red (in my opinion too strong) would not go as well. I like teal also, which is why I bought that colour. So I'd go with Owl on this- but light colours- vermilion (to represent red), sky blue, teal (for green), warm yellow, black and white.

The Limey
02-29-2012, 08:12 AM
I'm boring I guess but black with brass or copper is pretty timeless.

Baldrick
02-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Dan you have pretty much any colour anybody could want - I'd love another but this time I'd have a torched and clear coated one ;)

Gabetexas
02-29-2012, 01:25 PM
The colors you have are all pretty awesome. I think my favorite is the dunkin donuts one. But GOLD hardware!? You can do that!? WOWOWOWOW!

Dan Kubin
02-29-2012, 05:07 PM
I have a color chart on my website under the custom colors..
I am considering a Eu distributor, but cannot get caught up enough to make extras.
I am considering gold plating hardware.. thanks for reminding me!

I also agree that the softer colors suit it well:)

thanks for all the input!

tugg
02-29-2012, 05:52 PM
just do the torched clear coat ones .simple and traditonal looking gives it the steam punked look

GregM
03-01-2012, 08:57 AM
i must say my mint green/matte black is very pleasing to the eye,i get a ton of compliments on it..to answer your question Dan,if you premade ANY mini-crankers no matter the color i think they will sell immediatly..so i think you should do all the color combos you have in your mind that you havent had a chance to do yet..

Gabetexas
03-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Honestly, The simple clear coat and or basic colors would be cool. Then you can always do a bit of an upcharge for the powder coated crazy color combos. I just saw the white with gold. SOOO GOOD. Or a mint with gold.

Dan Kubin
04-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I am going to do a stock model torched and oil treated machine for $325. They look real nice.. IMO.. Like a tool.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mtx5f5

Gabetexas
04-07-2012, 12:01 AM
That is awesome!