PDA

View Full Version : Old timer machines arrived today

Baldrick
03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
These 2 just arrived - as yet not used them but may give them a whirl tomorrow.
I plan on a mini review soon as I get them used a few times.
They have an old school charm going on ;)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d924e518-833d-3bf2.jpg

skinmech
03-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Yep solid builds, I threw a Review on here a while back, I still remember when these first started getting built, you just gotta love the design and detailing...

PS..Start off slow and low...P

Baldrick
03-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Yep solid builds, I threw a Review on here a while back, I still remember when these first started getting built, you just gotta love the design and detailing...

PS..Start off slow and low...P

Yeah they look nice and well made, seem balanced too - even with the big knob ;)

skinmech
03-01-2012, 10:49 AM
The Builder was based in Manchester (I assume still is), I got the first production model, nothing has changed since then, classic in the making, and very well priced..

Baldrick
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
2 of us got these in our studio and we've both had chance to try them out today, and I'm not just saying this but there great!! For the money there isn't another machine that comes close.
Lines great, very precise action, smooth no vibrations, light and balanced. They look on the heavy side but there very light.
Even put an 11mag to touch up some tribal and it was a pleasure to use.
I'll be using it more next week but as of today I have to say well done to the builder.

Just to make clear I don't know the builder, just found them on eBay and after some emails about the motors etc decided to take a chance and buy one - good move so far.

Bishopbyname
03-02-2012, 06:47 PM
I've just bought one too. What i've come to realise is, most of the time with rotaries if there is a fault, it's the motor. So even if the motor isn't great, i'll just buy a better motor. Either way i'll end up with a good machine.

Baldrick
03-02-2012, 06:49 PM
The builder is confident of the motor he's got in these, which he assures me is a high end one, and if it fails he'll replace free if charge for as long as I own the machine.
Can't grumble at that ;)

skinmech
03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Nope you can't grumble........