PDA

View Full Version : hyper blow up......

merky
01-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I got the first stigma hyper model and useed it off and on ,so i was running a cheap knock off powe supply the hurricane crap and the box went black on the screen and the volts went to the max....now i need a motor it is a maxon 216000 .but i caint find it on the website so i got to double from the hyper site....you get what you pay for

The Limey
01-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Why don't you call Maxon direct and ask them, its possible they may have replaced that model with something that for all intent and purposes just has a different model number.

Administrator
01-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Have you tried the machine on another power supply? like a generic one without all the digital read outs only a voltage reading.

Alie K
01-01-2011, 08:10 PM
I agree. Maybe your power supply is like the Eikon one where it would black out and turn off if you used a rotary on it. Before you go and buy another motor, try someone else's power supply and see if your machine works on that.

merky
01-02-2011, 12:39 AM
I agree. Maybe your power supply is like the Eikon one where it would black out and turn off if you used a rotary on it. Before you go and buy another motor, try someone else's power supply and see if your machine works on that.

I tried the hyper on two other power supplys and nothing and it also has that smell that only burnt electrical has.......danmmmmmmm..............

The Limey
01-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Its listed on maxons website here (http://shop.maxonmotor.com/ishop/app;jsessionid=73F5F998A3B18742E948667735CD06AF)

merky
01-02-2011, 03:43 AM
do you know which one it is cause the maxon motor that came out has 21600, on it. Im retarted to the rotary world,,is there a company that you guys use to build your rotarys that isnt maxon are is maxon as good as it gets? is there a place like small parts .com that you can buy other stuff to build rotarys ? and thank you for the help it is a new world for me.

The Limey
01-02-2011, 04:11 AM
Hey Merky, when I posted the link it actually took you directly to the 21600 motor you had listed and said it was a stock item costing something lke $64 so I don't know if the website has a glitch or something else is up.

But this is what you are after:

Results
Ø P Un n0 Mn Add to Price USD
Order No. Program [mm] [W] [V] [min-1] [mNm] Downloads combination 1 pc(s) Quantity
216000 RE-max 17 Ø17 mm, Graphite Brushes, 4.5 Watt 17 4.5 12 11200 3.91 64.64

rotaryworks
01-02-2011, 07:23 AM
hi merky when you look at the over view on the motor pics you can see a capasitor in one of the pics mail or contact the company and see if they sell a capasitor for the motors or a suppresinon kit for the motor if they do solder that to the motor and it should work on any power supplie ,,,,,,,its all about the capasitor spread the word

merky
01-03-2011, 12:28 AM
thank you guys for the help, like i said im new to the rotary world.....

merky
01-12-2011, 11:38 AM
ok I got the motor from maxon ,,simple fix right......f-that.. everytime i go to put the motor back in i cut the wires cause it so danm tight.......i might make a video,,, desert eagle vs hyper

The Limey
01-12-2011, 12:48 PM
You should post some photos of exactly what's happening, I'm sure one of the builders on here might be able to offer some advice.

merky
01-13-2011, 02:40 AM
the hyper was dead now it is ALIVE ALIVE such a good feeling.yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
thank you guys for the help i needed it...now the werid thing is i want to build a machine now ............danm

The Limey
01-13-2011, 05:52 AM
Glad its alive and kicking, hopefully the money you saved counteracted the stress of getting it all back together :)

merky
01-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Glad its alive and kicking, hopefully the money you saved counteracted the stress of getting it all back together :)
yeah it does ,

slicksteel
01-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Yea i asked painful pleasures if that PS would work with rotarys and if the hurcaine wireless output would work with critacal pedal they said no to both.

gangstajay
01-13-2011, 04:35 PM
painful pleasure..I have a few words about them but I would go to jail if I said it out loud

Administrator
01-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Yea i asked painful pleasures if that PS would work with rotarys and if the wireless would work with critacal they said no to both.

The knock offs of the critical will not work with a rotary. GlenP on the forum has a critical and has used it with a hand full of different rotary machines and he will confirm it works! I watched him work at the Toronto Tattoo convention with both Neo-Tats and SwashDrive machines powered by his Critical.

merky
01-14-2011, 12:23 AM
mine worked with the neo tatt and the hyper but then went black and rushed all the volts to the macine and a second later smoked the hyper..............

Administrator
01-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Same power supply? The critical or the critical copy the hurricane?

slicksteel
01-14-2011, 03:19 AM
hurricane will not work with rotary or the critcal wireless pedal

The Limey
01-14-2011, 04:08 AM
hurricane will not work with rotary or the critcal wireless pedal

I wonder if there are multiple manufacturers/versions of the Hurricane because the guy I work with has one and it works with all of my rotaries.

Zapp
01-14-2011, 08:04 AM
I dont understand why someone run a 435 euro machine with a bullshit powersupply ?!

slicksteel
01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
I think your right limey-the chinese all copy the copy!
I think some will work but are not desighned to atually run rotarys.

The Limey
01-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I dont understand why someone run a 435 euro machine with a bullshit powersupply ?!

That's a pretty valid point, we happily spend hundreds on machines or the latest pigments so why trust a crap PSU? :confused:

rjdadio
01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
The Chinese do copy the copy and try to out cheap each other while doing so. I'm always purchasing different power supplies to test what is coming out.....just keep hoping to find the best thing to promote with my machines.

The "hurricanes" appear to be copies of copies because of the emails from different Chinese companies selling the same thing.....these guy's are not reselling, but recopying.
In the past I have seen some of the Eikon copies that would work with rotaries and some that don't....as well as the Critical copies.

A power supply can make or break you, so why would you trust a piece of shit? That's why I buy this crap....not to use but to cut them apart and check em .....to see if they are worthy.

Take it for what it's worth......don't buy the hurricanes.

Administrator
01-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Taken from the Critical Tattoo website (http://www.criticaltattoo.com):

We are fully aware of the China made copies of the CX-2 that have hit the market and we have no connection to that..We have taken the necessary actions. It is up to YOU the consumer to help stimulate the US economy by buying product that is made in America. We build all of our products right here in Nevada. You will not find better customer support. They also have a list of vendors that sell the real thing on the site HERE. (http://www.criticaltattoo.com/main1.htm)

slicksteel
01-14-2011, 06:23 PM
That is what i want the wireless setup, small -easy to bag and well made in usa!

slicksteel
01-14-2011, 06:27 PM
talon Powersupplys are well made in the good ol usa

Administrator
01-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Need to make a works with rotary machines power unit master list soon! would be good to have it for reference. Normally the analog PUs run a rotary with little trouble. Could probably make the master list and contact suppliers for specs in exchange for links to them so you know where to buy.

Alie K
01-14-2011, 11:07 PM
You have such great ideas!

kevfink
01-15-2011, 02:30 AM
That is a great idea! I would be interested for sure

fkirons
01-16-2011, 06:51 PM
boicot china and support american builders...or move to china if you prefer to support them.

Administrator
01-16-2011, 07:32 PM
OR england, Canada, Germany, Japan, there is a whole host of suppliers worth supporting all over the globe. Most of the power supplies and machines that work the best have been manufactured in the same country the company is originating from.

Alie K
01-16-2011, 07:33 PM
D'oh! I was writing almost the same thing! You beat me by about 5 seconds....

So, I guess my new post is, "Ditto".

Not just distributors, though - don't forget the individuals who make unique and quality machines and power supplies, foot pedals, etc...

rjdadio
01-16-2011, 08:28 PM
I agree, there are many excellent power supply and machine builders around the world....and we should support them.
Just because it is made in America does not mean it will work with a rotary machine, take for example the older Spauding and Roger "lunch box" power supply. The early ones will burn up your rotary machine. They used a pulsed 24 volts to the coil machine....not too good for a motor.

And I do agree with not supporting the Chinese. They rip off and copy and then copy some more. They are smart people, why don't they come up with their own ideas and build them???....because it is easier to copy a good thing than to work and make a new thing.

Let us all support honest builders where ever they may be.

slicksteel
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
So RJdaddio why did spaulding make that LunchBox Powersupply that way,does it run a coil machine better,Smoother? or was it just more cost effective? I remeber seeing that it has special wireing made for coil machines.I see them on ebay sometimes-are they worth picking up to run my coils as i like the oldschool look?

possessed2sk8
02-23-2011, 01:00 AM
so i came to this post via google when doing some research on maxon motors. i thought these were now private??

Administrator
02-23-2011, 02:13 AM
If you want to see what is and what isnt you can log out and try to read. If the whole site was not visible we would never have any new members from google searches. The technique areas are the most commonly locked down areas of the site.

gravyray
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
might be late news but my co worker has the hurricane power supply and runs rotarys all day. swashes, stealth,sum other one .

JohnnyChaos
02-24-2011, 01:12 PM
mine co worker uses one with is stealth's too..

and he was rather confused why mine said Critical on it and not Hurricane lol

Administrator
02-24-2011, 01:23 PM
There are hurricane knock offs of the hurricane, those are trouble!

The Limey
02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
There are hurricane knock offs of the hurricane, those are trouble!

Yes they are, my boss bought a second Hurricane from the same company and that one won't run rotaries at all...