PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne - do these guys have a clue?

Timepiece
03-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Hello everyone, its my first post but I have been lurking in the background for nearly a year now, so thank you all for sharing your experience.

I run a Cheyenne Hawk, and am really starting to lose my patience with the machine and the company.

I just spoke to my supply company who tell me they have received an email from Cheyenne stating that the machine has now to be used with a different cable, as the one that it is supplied with only works with their power supply... apparently there is a power loss when used with the CX-1, which is what I use.

The supply co. is awaiting delivery of these cables and will be trying them out at the Tattoo Tea Party this weekend, so they have promised to come back to me on Tuesday with a full report.

I am also hearing reports that Cheyenne and/or Critical will not uphold their warranty obligations if the correct combination of cartrige, machine, power supply and cable are used, and that Cheyenne have declined warranty claims because the artist has been running the machine at the wrong voltage, or not powering up at 12 volts to start the machine.

Am I the only one that has concerns regarding the hawk, has anyone else heard of this new cable, and are you guys powering up at 12 volts?

We have the CX-1 set for lining and shading and never alter the volts when starting the machine (unless the set-up need to be changed) but can this damage it?

Whats up with Cheyenne?

JohnnyChaos
03-02-2012, 12:20 PM
They have a new "startup" cable which AFAIK was brought out cos the Thunder can be a bitch to start sometimes on a non-cheyenne psu.
Even at 12v if you have the needle hang set a long way out it wont start. It does try though so I wonder if that can damage the motor.

But I've run a hawk on a cx2 for over a year with no issues and without having to start off at 12v

darkink
03-02-2012, 03:36 PM
They have a new "startup" cable which AFAIK was brought out cos the Thunder can be a bitch to start sometimes on a non-cheyenne psu.
Even at 12v if you have the needle hang set a long way out it wont start. It does try though so I wonder if that can damage the motor.

But I've run a hawk on a cx2 for over a year with no issues and without having to start off at 12v
me 2....no probs with old cable and i run at 8 voltz cx2...cx1 is kind of the same

Ainslie
03-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I love their machines. Been running a Hawk for almost a year and today was my first day with my new Thunder. I use their supplied cord and a CX-2. The secret is T-tech cartridges. They don't need the volt bump that Cheyenne cartridges do. The only have a rubber band as the back pressure versus the really stiff membrane thing which is what is causing all problems with having to jump volts. The whole sterility argument is kind of bogus anyway since once you set cartridges down on the work surface and swap them during a piece, the sterility of the cartridge part that goes inside the grip is compromised.