PDA

View Full Version : Hm mini evo and rapier 2

artoftatt2
03-04-2012, 12:25 AM
I just finished tattoing all day with both of these and they performed flawless. I lined with the rapier and shaded with the evo. What a joy to use these machines, it made my day. I will deff put my coils to the side for a while and stay with my rotaries. My next purchase will be a mini cranker from Dan when I'm in Kansas city next week.

thejackco
08-12-2012, 05:40 AM
I just finished tattoing all day with both of these and they performed flawless. I lined with the rapier and shaded with the evo. What a joy to use these machines, it made my day. I will deff put my coils to the side for a while and stay with my rotaries. My next purchase will be a mini cranker from Dan when I'm in Kansas city next week.
Hi, which one is better for one pass finelines ( 3 to 7 ), also considering less vibration and noise? Thanks.

peter clements
08-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi, which one is better for one pass finelines ( 3 to 7 ), also considering less vibration and noise? Thanks.

The answer is straightforward, DK mini cranker, but a good machine is only 50% of it , the rest is you.

wildboy
08-12-2012, 08:47 AM
The mini Evolution is an excellent fineliner too... The old ballbearing crank arm system was noiseless you couldnt hear anything it was awesome to be able to listen to music while tattooing without any noise from the tattoo machine. Everybody that has the direct comparison to coil machines says that the mini Evolution hurts a lot less.

The new Rotula system on the mini Evolution is noisy compared to the old system but it feels a lot more stable too the noise doesnt matter much on this machine it does an excellent job once you get used to it. I always need like 2-3 weeks when I get a new machine from Roman but after that it feels like you can understand and feel why the machine is recommended for a specific task. I tried to use the mini Evolution with 5s and 7s too but it really works best for me with 3s.

Havent used the Cranker for fine lining I need a 2nd one asap...

slicksteel
08-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi, which one is better for one pass lines ( 3 to 7 ), also considering less vibration and noise? Thanks.
Rapiers work great for one pass 5 + lines ,I feel ya really need two liner machines. One for 1-7 & one for 5-14,.
The bigger the needle you need a machine that has a bit of give and a bit of needle wobble(like a coil) to rub the ink off inside the hole created.For really accurate thin finelines for script,realism etc., I would go for a machine that is a slide type with a needle clip like a bishop or neotat vivace.Both set with a long stroke.I think like wildboy said on the HM the new crank/bearing/routle is abit louder but is holding and stabilizing the needle better for more accurate lines-I am getting one with the original crank setup and plan on buying the new setup to so I will do a full review on it. So for instance a rapier running a 7 is going to make a better bolder one pass line then a bishop running a seven.And a bishop running a 5 will make a more crisp accurate line then a rapier.Hope this helps -just my exps. with rotary so far.:)