PDA

View Full Version : Silicone Machine Mats

Intuition Tattoo Machines
03-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Our Silicone Machine Mat was designed to keep your Intuition, Rotary, or Coil machine off your work surface and give it a soft landing pad while your tattooing. It has a raised edge to keep the needles "up" and prevents "barbing" your needles. It also protects your machine and work surface from scratches and dings and will prevent your machine from sliding off your work space. This almost 5"x"5 inch Mat is easily clean able with Madacide, Cavicide and other high level disinfectants, and won't be stained by inks, and is puncture resistant. Just another innovation brought to you by Intuition Tattoo Machines.*
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/intuitiontattoo/02907359.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k599/intuitiontattoo/b4f39bd1.jpg
We are selling them at a discounted price exclusively to Rotary Tattoo Forum members!
If you are a member you will only pay $20.00 +$5.00 shipping. Our Paypal address is [email protected] This offer is only good until March 15th 2012!

slicksteel
03-04-2012, 02:02 PM
I will get two!
Money sent.

Sinnersink
03-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Ill like to have 3 . sent me a pm:)

nivek
03-05-2012, 01:26 AM
are they autoclave safe ?

03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
are they autoclave safe ?

I haven't tested it, I just spray mine down with a high level disinfectant along with the rest of my workspace. I had a left over scrap of it (from my engineering job) i used that way for 7 years (to keep my nuemas from sliding off my glass surface) before I realized It could be developed into a product that would help some artists out. After spraying everything on it over the years it looks just like it did when I first used it.

You can test that if you like, be aware that subjecting silicone to that, may result in toxic fumes, melting all over your autoclave, removing the moisture from the mat or something else horrible. However if you would like to test it, I can send you a blem you can do that with. Just let us know the results.

asA
03-05-2012, 01:04 PM
You use this with a barrier over it? Or just use person to person with wiping it off(seems a tad sketchy)?

OwlsDen
03-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Barrier film = problem solved. Or a plastic bag, maybe 1 liter size like for a bottle.

slicksteel
03-05-2012, 01:13 PM
they look pretty cool and i like the idea that you can wipeem down without them getting funky-cant wait to get mine-been wanting something like this for years.

fkirons
03-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Awesome. why don't you make one that is about the length of a regular tray x 5" then you can have multiple machines and just one pad. Just an idea.

tugg
03-05-2012, 03:52 PM
shouldn't use without a barrier. You wouldn't set up on a bare surface even if it was stainless steel .
Sorry but I see this as an invention for invention sake.
Someone pass me the ashtray please..

Baldrick
03-05-2012, 05:10 PM
shouldn't use without a barrier. You wouldn't set up on a bare surface even if it was stainless steel .
Sorry but I see this as an invention for invention sake.
Someone pass me the ashtray please..

Kinda agree - seems a bit like a solution for a problem that don't exist, I've never damaged a machine on a film covered glass panel yet.

slicksteel
03-05-2012, 05:48 PM
hey but they look cool!

03-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Like anything, if you don't like it, don't buy it :)

Alie K
03-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Like anything, if you don't like it, don't buy it :)

Agreed!

Interesting idea. I personally have no need (or room) for one. More often than not, I have at least 2 or 3 machines out at a time, so I agree with what others say regarding a more rectangular shape to accommodate multiple tattoo machines for those who would be interested in a product like this one.

I wonder about whether it would be fine in an autoclave or not - considering redrat and gorilla grips are both silicone and autoclave just peachy.

OwlsDen
03-06-2012, 04:35 AM
It's a good point Allie ( both rectangle and autoclave able ) a lot of modern Bakeware is no silicon. I think someone needs to test it. They did say they would send out a sample piece of the material for autoclave testing.

Inkslingers
03-06-2012, 11:19 AM
7995Sorry, but I can't help but laugh as I've read this post...the man said it right, if you don't dig it, don't buy it! But here's a thought, take a couple of paper towels, fold well, tape down to your work area...problem ( if there ever was one) solved.

Sinnersink
03-20-2012, 07:01 PM
can i take 4?

slicksteel
03-20-2012, 11:58 PM
I like mine ,they are well made,packed very good,nice boxs and shipped right away! ;)

brendamkelly
03-23-2012, 06:55 PM
TBH its too small..most of us use more that one machine..maybe not the cheyenne ot ttech guys.. So for me it wouldn't suit.