PDA

View Full Version : ebay bargain?

Bishopbyname
03-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Just picked this up for less than £50, couldn't resist it. Looking forward to giving it a try!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320858100322

OwlsDen
03-04-2012, 02:54 PM
link did not work for me

-update i used the ebay number and found it.

looks like either a new version of the german revolution or maybe an early version. Killer deal.

Bishopbyname
03-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Edited the link, should work now. I thought it looked like an updated German Evolution too. I liked the original and this one looks to have addressed all the issues that one had. Wether it's an official update or just an independent build based on the German Evolution, i'm happy! :D

OwlsDen
03-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Well please let us know what it is like when you get it.

Bishopbyname
03-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Well please let us know what it is like when you get it.

I certainly will mate! :)

The Limey
03-04-2012, 04:36 PM
If it works like the revolution and addresses its issues to boot, that's gonna be one hell of a sweet deal!

Bishopbyname
03-04-2012, 04:40 PM
If it works like the revolution and addresses its issues to boot, that's gonna be one hell of a sweet deal!

That's what i'm hoping for Limey. I'm very intrigued by it's design.

The Limey
03-04-2012, 04:49 PM
That's what i'm hoping for Limey. I'm very intrigued by it's design.

Well, keep us posted, might be worth asking the dude who made it?

peter clements
03-04-2012, 05:30 PM
It's gonna need a needlerunner in order to use it from what I see,also it looks to be permanently wired up to a cable/lead, I see no binders or jack plug. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a prototype of the German evolution we are more familiar with.

slicksteel
03-04-2012, 09:45 PM
lol or maybe this is the original as it looks to be well made and the german is a cheap copy of this one! lol-

I had the german for a min. and that thing should sell for 50 brand new-looks like something from the 80s -pretty jankie i cant believe what they are selling that thing for.Poor milling on very cheap alum alloy, poor grade of delrin that was rough cut,cheap 2 doller motor(some china ones are great!),cheap plastic etc that looks like a came from a china werehouse as a giveaway freebee!:p

Sage Oz
03-04-2012, 10:22 PM
This looks a lot cleaner in design, at least more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, not that that's difficult. The German evo looks sooo ugly and cheap, don't care how well it works, I don't want my customers thinking I'm using some scratcher's home made rig.

Bishopbyname
03-05-2012, 05:10 AM
This looks a lot cleaner in design, at least more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, not that that's difficult. The German evo looks sooo ugly and cheap, don't care how well it works, I don't want my customers thinking I'm using some scratcher's home made rig.

I understand what you mean but some highly priced coil machines are made to look like they're made out of scrap and have a distressed look. If anything is going to make customers wonder about the origin of the machines we use it's machines that look like this surely?

skinmech
03-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Defo worth a £50 Gamble......I wonder if snipping off the needle loop is required, hard to see from the pics, but it looks if it's not required,tube could be adjusted to suit yer hang. Some feedback on this will be interesting....

OwlsDen
03-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Hey If you wind up not liking it, I will buy it for what you paid for it no questions asked.