PDA

View Full Version : my name is chris higgns

chris higgins
03-08-2012, 02:04 PM
hello all my name is chris higgins i live in eugene oregon and work a black magic tattoos i have been in a shop for almost three years now been tattooing or trying to tattoo since i was twelve got serious about it in 2003 . i have a cheap rotary now and the new neotat machine on the way thinking of picking up a swashdrive whip to. still getting use to the rotary getting use to laying solid color how i can with coils learned less needle hanging out and a little slower on my circles or sketching motion . u can see some of my work at www.blackmagictats.com or look me up on face book i have lots of stuff on there

The Limey
03-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Welcome aboard, Chris!

Sage Oz
03-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Welcome! Color packing with rotories...for me it was just a matter of slowing my hand and using smaller more intentional movements. Could also be that you're using a cheapy knockoff, just like a crappy coil they tattoo like shit and are lots of trouble. Not worth the parts they're made from, that neotat should be a waaaaay better.

OwlsDen
03-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Welcome, and watch the switch to a better rotary be night and day.

wildboy
03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
You should run as fast as you can or the forum will empty your pockets ^^ Welcome on board

slicksteel
03-08-2012, 02:43 PM
welcome!

chris higgins
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM
ya im stoked like a little kid before christmas lol. ya i noticed i had to slow my hand speed down a little. i got a cheap one to give them another try before i spent 300 + bucks. and i noticed even with the cheap rotary i got "its a linear movement one " i tattoo diffrent in a good way they are alot more percise and i seam to focus more on the tattoo vs my machines. i also have some of them t-tech grips on the way i think that is going to same me so much time on larger tattoos. i have been looking around the forum lots of usefull info im new to the rotarys but if any one has any question on coil machines i know lots lol.

chris higgins
03-08-2012, 07:23 PM
lol for sure im always looking to try new stuff and give new machines a run. my girl does not like it much lol.

You should run as fast as you can or the forum will empty your pockets ^^ Welcome on board

nivek
03-08-2012, 08:22 PM
welcome and if you are anything like me you will LOVE your neo... nice machines

chris higgins
03-08-2012, 08:25 PM
sweet good to hear im looking forward to no rubber bands lol. i baught the rca one so im going to switch some of my machines over to rca to.

welcome and if you are anything like me you will LOVE your neo... nice machines

chris higgins
03-09-2012, 02:49 AM
im going to post some of my work is photobucket the best way . ? not want to mess up site stuff if it matters

chris higgins
03-09-2012, 02:57 AM
http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k591/chrishiggins82/tattoo/

chris higgins
03-09-2012, 03:00 AM
ok thats a link to some of the things i have done there is a few cover ups i have done some gray stuff and some color let me know what u think. was going to post some of them in the tear me up section lol. always looking to get better at what i do

Magnu
03-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum