PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot V 1.0 remix

Brian
03-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I have been making alot of Traxis machines lately so I decided to take an old Slingshot 1.0 frame and remix it, turned it into a Traxis...

Administrator
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
You got a good thing going with this blue anodized and blue delrin bits. very nice.

OwlsDen
03-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Nice look, looks great really. I want one. But you are getting more modern. No more of the more steam punk-esque machines anymore? I lusted after this early machines.

Brian
03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
You got a good thing going with this blue anodized and blue delrin bits. very nice.

Thank you, The colored Delrin is very hard to come by and very expensive, it's worth it to have the color options though...

OwlsDen, I am really dying to put out some more steam punk machines but I am swamped by Traxis orders and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.... The good news is that Bill is still building some awesome steam punk inspired machines..

As soon as I finish the next round of Traxis builds, I am going to kick out a few old school machines..

Brian
03-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Speaking of modern and colored delrin, here is a recent Traxis Lite I sent to a local shop:

The Limey
03-08-2012, 03:39 PM
For some reason I really like that!

Shizzai
03-08-2012, 04:55 PM
i'm with owlsden, those steam punk machines are hawt. Was going through the site, and all the sexy ones were listed as SOLD. Sad face.

Administrator
03-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Thank you, The colored Delrin is very hard to come by and very expensive, it's worth it to have the color options though...

When I worked in a small old school machine shop we had bunches of colored Delrin kicking around all the time. The boss used to go to a plastics warehouse and rummage through the off cuts bins. He liked having it around for prototyping and sometimes making things for his kitchen. The upside to the offcut bin was it was cheap as chips, the down side was there was zero consistency in size or shape or heck even color.

I get what you mean on it being expencive if you want enough that is workable to make more than one that is the same.

Invertedpixel
03-09-2012, 07:16 PM
That's an awesome looking machine...love the futuristic look..the side mount RCA is soooo clean

Dan Kubin
03-11-2012, 10:58 AM
LOOOOVE that RCA hookup.
I would really like to see that up close to see how you managed to hide the wire:)