PDA

View Full Version : Rapier users...

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-08-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm starting to research into what machine I want as my future liner.

I keep hearing everyone sing praises on how well the Rapier lines. I have been using the Neotat Vivace and I'm making the lines work for me, but my hand speed is slowed down way more than I would like (and thats with it cranked anywhere from 10v-11v).

Why, in most opinions, does the Rapier line so much quicker/better than the no-give Vivace? I understand the Rapier has some give to it. Does that effect how quickly the lines are thrown in?

I just figured I'd get some of your guys' opinions... yer all perdy smart concernin' dis type o stuff.

OwlsDen
03-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Get the dedicated rapier II liner. It is awesome. I used a med stroke Neo for a while the rapier is much faster.

tugg
03-08-2012, 06:47 PM
I do love the mid stroke Neo for fine stuff and small script and wouldn't be without it but the rapier does the job for anything else and it seems to be that it throws the ink off the needle like a coil , not sure if its the give more like a slingshot effect the spring makes. thats how it feels anyhow

OwlsDen
03-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Also the 10,000 rpm motor as opposed to the 8,000 in the Neo and more torque helps as well.

Neo
03-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Most people have the rapier 2 not dedicated one and love it for lining. I will use my TC soon and i thinkits better then the rapier or atleast it vibrates less IMO and has the regular motor like most peoples rapiers. I say slow down a bit there is no rush, also the lines will be single pass when your not in a rush. I dont see the need for it to be much faster but hey it may be better with the faster motor this is just my opinion and it could change. Either way there nice for the cash but the TC is a beter buil IMO

jboo75
03-09-2012, 12:46 AM
I actually uae a dedicated 3.2 mm rapierII for lining and shading i love it as an all rounder and just ordered a secobd one too. Also have a TC and its the smoothest b n g machine i have. Cannot say enough about Cary and his machines hes good people and the machines are hard to beat.

wildboy
03-09-2012, 02:48 AM
I do love the mid stroke Neo for fine stuff and small script and wouldn't be without it but the rapier does the job for anything else and it seems to be that it throws the ink off the needle like a coil , not sure if its the give more like a slingshot effect the spring makes. thats how it feels anyhow

I agree on that its amazing for small lettering stuff you can fill in small spots easily without changing anything...

After using it a couple of times all the lines turned out to be solid single pass for me...

elbo
03-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Cant wait to see the rapier 3....will be buying one for sure!