PDA

View Full Version : I put my top drawer on the wall

Alie K
03-11-2012, 01:46 AM
I ran out of room in my drawer, so I moved my machines to the wall. Sadly, I ran out of space. Might have been nice to get another bar and about 8 - 10 more hooks (yay Ikea). Oh well. Anyway, this is my recent top drawer.

top row: Next Gen Aluminum, AZA short frame liner, Franken machine, Juan Puente shader, Mike young shit-kicking liner and short coil shader combo, Safwan Montreal liner, Lucas Ford liner, Mickey Sharpz rebuild

2nd row: BSI Boog Shader, Centri, Tattooed Pirate Blunderbuss, early Shagbuilt, direct drive Shagbuilt, Roy Richardson, Ben wight, Gen6 Swash, HM Evolition, HM Mini Evolution, Mini Cranker, Dragonfly

3rd row: Rotaryworks clipcord and RCA, Blitz brass, Blitz aluminum, Neotat xl stroke (2), Neotat l stroke Vivace, Neotat brass l stroke Vivace, l stroke Neotat (2), Neotat m stroke (2), Neotat s stroke

PuzL
03-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Nice family, Which ones the favorite?

spoonertattoos
03-11-2012, 03:48 AM
I get so flustered when I have that many machines that I dont use. Right now Im stuck between using my centri and gen 7 for color or my centri, other gen 7 or Special technic for black and grey.

I wont even start on lining. how do you decide? Do you have machines that u use specifically for one job and nothing else?

spoonertattoos
03-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Looks really cool though. Love clean displays.

aurelien
03-11-2012, 06:15 AM
I 'm so jealous right now

OwlsDen
03-11-2012, 06:19 AM
I assume the rotaries are on the bottom to be easier to reach right? You're not giving the coils top billing, they are just harder to reach yeah? I am jealous.

Alie K
03-11-2012, 01:30 PM
I assume the rotaries are on the bottom to be easier to reach right? You're not giving the coils top billing, they are just harder to reach yeah? I am jealous.

Haha! You hit the nail on the head there. I put the ones I use most often closest to me, though part is also aesthetic. The coils are there because I do use them on occasion - when I start to miss them.

Nice family, Which ones the favorite?

I like everything for different reasons. The ones i use most are the Neotats and the Dragonfly.

I get so flustered when I have that many machines that I dont use. Right now Im stuck between using my centri and gen 7 for color or my centri, other gen 7 or Special technic for black and grey.

I wont even start on lining. how do you decide? Do you have machines that u use specifically for one job and nothing else?

Totally. If I'm doing a lot of awkward places kind of lining, I favor the Dragonfly or Neotat. Otherwise, I'll use Neotat or Mini-Evolution. For really big configurations, I will usually bust out the Roy Richardson or Mike Young machines, for mowing the lawn kind of large field of color Americana, I'll use my Blitz... I could probably go on and on - I'd have to make a list. Long story short though, some I've just gotten recently, so I'm still deciding where I will put them in rotation (oh geez, I don't mean that as a pun in any way), some, I have several of, so it's just convenient for me if I feel I need several machines out for a tattoo to use a single brand (like my Neotats) because I don't have to muck with voltage changes.

Lots of times though, it's just a case of "eenie-meenie-miney-mo".

OwlsDen
03-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Haha! You hit the nail on the head there. I put the ones I use most often closest to me, though part is also aesthetic. The coils are there because I do use them on occasion - when I start to miss them.

It's funny, the other day when I got the inkjecta I was playing with it and running it at different voltages. My wife comes over and says what is that one of your old machines? So I ran a coil for her ( much much louder ) and she said "oh how I miss that sound". I still love my coils but I do not miss the sound at all.

tatu richie
03-11-2012, 04:05 PM
daaaaaaaamn

Cyberitual
03-12-2012, 12:06 AM
You going to open up a museum one day? WOW! Its nice to know your Centri has some really great friends to hang out with! :)

JamesMonteiro
03-12-2012, 11:43 AM
NICE! looks pretty :)

slicksteel
03-12-2012, 12:08 PM
HOw ya likeing that centri alie

Alie K
03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Have not had a chance to use it yet - trying different tubes with it as the ones I own are all about 6mm too short. Good Luck/Filip Leu tubes are shorter than most (by at least 5-6mm) so I now have at least 3 machines that are sitting around until I can find some long disposables.

I'm sure it's very money-saving for companies to shave off half a centimeter from their product considering the average tube is 11cm long and the ones I have are 10.4-10.5cm long. Make about 20 short tubes and it's like having another one magically appear for free. That little bit of material can mean the difference between a vice grip grabbing a tube, or just barely catching/not grabbing the top/end of a tube tail.

I haven't tested all of my machines, but at the moment, my centri, AZA (Leroy Samchuck), and a short frame frankenmachine (not pictured on the rack) either need tubes with longer tails, or shorter needlebars. Kind of a bummer, but I'm sure something will work. I have some Griffin disposables on the way - I understand they are a little longer than most disposables, so they may work.

gangstajay
03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
you have to love Ikea... they make some cool racks and storage stuff.. and you call me a machine whore..well cheese and crackers!!

Sage Oz
03-13-2012, 06:58 AM
If I get a situation where the needlebar is too long I use my handy needlenose pliers to make a triangle kink in the bar just down from the eyelet above the rubberband. Effectively shortens it up like so:
__----------------o
__-------------/\o

Might even add a tiny bit of dampening;)
I had a bunch of spare XL needlebars so I tried all kinds of things with them, had some that had a tiny wave instead of straight that worked fine had a nice soft hit helped soften my B&G when I didn't yet have the understanding to tune my machines proper lol
Looked like this:
__~~~~~~~~~o

Sorry guys for the stick figure pictographs but I can't find how to post pics from my IPhone yet(its a friggin new 4GS)even with tapatalk, I can't even figure out how to start a new thread @$&#%!!!
I need a new computer...
Anyways what do you guys think is the ideal tube and needlebar length and nipple-to-tubevise distance?

OwlsDen
03-13-2012, 07:07 AM
When you post there is an open advanced options above the keyboard. Looks like this http://img.tapatalk.com/3210d66e-2a32-8450.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/3210c65c-2a45-fc39.jpg

Sage Oz
03-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Ahhhhh.... I'm rotarded.

Sage Oz
03-13-2012, 07:13 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/4c163aaa-2bcc-edee.jpg

Sage Oz
03-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Sorry that was a test, and it was successful;)
A tree spirit from Princess Mononoke I did last week on my buddy btw

spoonertattoos
03-13-2012, 07:16 AM
Now that you mention it I have had to lengthen a lot of my tubes to fit the centri too. hmmm.
Why don't you just open your set screw and lengthen your back tube within the grip?

Sage Oz
03-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Disposable tubes, pretty easy to make shorter but longer ain't so easy

Administrator
03-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Now that you mention it I have had to lengthen a lot of my tubes to fit the centri too. hmmm.
Why don't you just open your set screw and lengthen your back tube within the grip?

Good Luck iron is one piece tip and tail.