PDA

View Full Version : New Machines ?????

Stylus Machine
03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Is it just me, or is every rotary machine coming out a different version of some other machine already out?
Don't get me wrong there are some awesome machines coming out. but are we beating a dead horse?
This is for discussion, no negative comments please.

OwlsDen
03-14-2012, 02:15 PM
All I want to say is look at coil machines. They all function the same. There are great ones and there are crap ones. There are insanely expensive ones and extremely cheap ones. I think what matters most is what works best for the person using it. But the future looks interesting. You never know what is right around the corner.

fkirons
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Everyone is trying to bring something new to the table but in the end with rotaries/ coils we are all strapped to a motor/ coil, a tube vise, armature, and some sort of drive system to propel the armature. I think what everyone is trying to do is refine or fine tune an existing idea. Rotaries are older than what everyone thinks.

What I consider an abomination is the plain and straight copycat! Death to those.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?snw2fw

Stylus Machine
03-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I think what gets me the most is the recycling of ideas, calling them new and placing a ridiculous price tag. I do like the future though.. Looks interesting already

Nedz
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
If someone takes machine A looks at it and says I could make this better then produces machine B its not copying its evolution. I really like Spektra Halo detachable motor it gave me the idea for selling customers several bodies and 1 motor housing keeping the cost down for the end user. If I take this idea and use it on one of my machines is it copying or just utilising an idea to make a better machine.

artoftatt2
03-14-2012, 03:05 PM
im all for the future...anyone remember the huckspaulding revolutions? that was a breakthrough in that time...thats what im looking for..not a copy of a copy...

slicksteel
03-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Yea I am starting my own line of coils machines all high grade cnc'ed iron with high grade american copper parts,custom coils,and finishes.
all will be numbered with a cert and life time warrenty.:D
Nothing new, just trying to bring a well made american machine to the table that is hand tuned to suit and will last you a lifetime.
So a bit of old with the new.

Stylus Machine
03-14-2012, 03:39 PM
warranty is a good idea. there is few vendors that really back up their products out there.
and Im all for making existing products better and putting something worth while on the table.
I hate straight up copycats, there is a lot of people that are reaping the benefits of this rotary craze that def shouldn't,
and none of us are reinventing the wheel. were just making high performance.
sorry im venting hahah..

Shizzai
03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Yea I am starting my own line of coils machines all high grade cnc'ed iron with high grade american copper parts,custom coils,and finishes.
all will be numbered with a cert and life time warrenty.:D
Nothing new, just trying to bring a well made american machine to the table that is hand tuned to suit and will last you a lifetime.
So a bit of old with the new.

If you can toss an rca jack on one of those, I'd love to purchase one once you get them going. You gonna put a name to them?

fkirons
03-14-2012, 04:31 PM
If someone takes machine A looks at it and says I could make this better then produces machine B its not copying its evolution. I really like Spektra Halo detachable motor it gave me the idea for selling customers several bodies and 1 motor housing keeping the cost down for the end user. If I take this idea and use it on one of my machines is it copying or just utilising an idea to make a better machine.
It took me over two years, lots of prototyping and a fight with Maxon over jacking up the prices every month to come up with the MotorBolt system and lock system. So it's up to you to copy or come up with your own thing. Like your tag line says "design matters". Design something new :)

slicksteel
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
WBI -"WHITE BOY IRONS" The first run of forty are being called the Mach5.

fatcashdaddy
03-14-2012, 06:50 PM
It took me over two years, lots of prototyping and a fight with Maxon over jacking up the prices every month to come up with the MotorBolt system and lock system. So it's up to you to copy or come up with your own thing. Like your tag line says "design matters". Design something new :)

In the picture below all the footswitches were designed and built by me back in 2009 except one..can anyone tell me which one isn't mine?..I know they all look remarkably similiar but there's at least ONE person on this forum that knows exactly which one isn't mine ;) (oh, and the one that isn't mine was selling for 2-1/2 times what I sell mine for. so I guess its ok to copy other peoples stuff IF your going to overcharge for it)

OwlsDen
03-14-2012, 06:54 PM
The red one.

Gabetexas
03-15-2012, 12:57 AM
The red one.

I was about to say.

Nedz
03-15-2012, 11:48 AM
I could say the same thing I believe Stigma did it before you on the Fly machine so who is copying who.

fkirons
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I could say the same thing I believe Stigma did it before you on the Fly machine so who is copying who.
My old model of the Spektra 2 year old model had the twist release motor which it was the beginning of this system. I don't know how old the Fly is nor I think both machines have anything in common design wise.
The Spektra Halo was the refinement of the first concept where we completely eliminated the threads for a 1/4 turn lock system.

I appreciate that you like my MotorBolt system.
I'm up for a constructive dialog, like the feedback you ask me to give you when I spoke to you in person at Tattoo Jam, we spoke to you about the noise the machine was making, mention the RPMs of the motor you were using back then, the wire shaft that you were using and the use of softer springs. remember me?

Like I said it's up to your ethics to copy it, evolve or do whatever you want with the concept.
The machine is going under patenting process as we speak. The MotorBolt System, the Give and Cylindrical Slider system are some of the patents I am filing.

I know the machine will be copied but at least with a patent I can stop american/ european sellers to carry the knock offs on their site.
So far I spent 18k in the patenting process and I'm not even done.
I've learn the hard way with FK Irons.

Don't be mad because I'm trying to protect my work :)
I wish you success with your machine, I'm sure there is room for everyone to bring something new to the table without falling into straight copycats.

Nedz
03-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Yes I remember you Gaston and you gave me some really useful advice which I put into practice and the next batch of machines. All I was trying to point out that its ok to take an idea and then evolve it into something else the thing that I really dont like is when someone just copies a machine and changes the name thinking no one will know.

fkirons
03-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Yes I remember you Gaston and you gave me some really useful advice which I put into practice and the next batch of machines. All I was trying to point out that its ok to take an idea and then evolve it into something else the thing that I really dont like is when someone just copies a machine and changes the name thinking no one will know.

Exactly. Are you doing Tattoo Jam this year again?

Administrator
03-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Exactly. Are you doing Tattoo Jam this year again?

You guys can settle your argument like gentlemen, over cold fermented beverages.

fkirons
03-16-2012, 04:49 PM
You guys can settle your argument like gentlemen, over cold fermented beverages.
I wasn't arguing, but a beer doesn't sound bad at all!

Nedz
03-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Yes I will be at Tattoo Jam and I will be at Skin Deep's London show next month but we can have a few beers together the next time we meet up.

fkirons
03-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Yes I will be at Tattoo Jam and I will be at Skin Deep's London show next month but we can have a few beers together the next time we meet up.
You got it!