PDA

View Full Version : Im in love...

wildboy
03-15-2012, 02:17 PM
I received my 2nd machine from Slava Ink-ing today... Its such a beauty and the spring system is wonderful I cant wait to use it review will follow next week after Ive tried it several times with differnt configurations

OwlsDen
03-15-2012, 02:56 PM
It is damn pretty! What was the cost on that? 250€? If so I am sure it is worth every cent.

asA
03-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Cool looking machine!

Sage Oz
03-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Fancy! Ingenious spring setup, that's the type of innovation that sets a cool machine apart from the copycats.

Gabetexas
03-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Daaaaamn! Very nice!

Bishopbyname
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Very nice looking machine!

The Limey
03-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Look forward to hearing more, its certainly a looker.

Deakon
03-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Am I missing something? Looks like a delrin stealth with give.Don't mean to be billy negative or anything!

wildboy
03-16-2012, 01:04 PM
It kinda is... Thats a good thing to me at least. I always wanted a Swiss thats adjustable... And its built pretty pretty good. The spring system works excellent. Im gonna tattoo with it in an hour from now its set up and ready to go with a 13 mag

slicksteel
03-16-2012, 02:14 PM
nice looking chuck/baseplate ! sweet looking machine!

Sage Oz
03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Tell us how it runs!

wildboy
03-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Absolutely love it! Its so smooth for colouring and my client told me it doesnt hurt too bad. Im using it with a relatively soft setting the machine can be tuned from super soft shader to hard almost no give hitter.

If the Swiss company would build an adjustable version I would buy it for sure but right now I cant thank Slava enough for this machine its exactley what I wanted in a machine. Lightweight design of my choice and adjustable. I will get another one of this model for sure!

Sage Oz
03-17-2012, 02:31 AM
Very cool. What was the cost?

Andythetemple
03-17-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm sorry to piss on your bonfire a bit but scratchers have been making these for sum time I found this pic over a year ago and kept it for reference http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k492/albionwolf/b80f40c2.jpg

Andythetemple
03-17-2012, 03:28 AM
If I remember rightly it cost the guy pennies to make can't remember which site it was on but thought it wascool at the time .

Deakon
03-17-2012, 03:40 AM
It was on "tat scratchers" best forum name ever!

thesmokingmirror
03-17-2012, 03:46 AM
It has a similar design but maybe it does work really well

-that needle tensioner is pretty clever

Andythetemple
03-17-2012, 04:01 AM
That might be the one . there is so many now it's hard to keep tabs but if I see something different I always keep a pic or mental note pretty clever stuff all the same . I've never used these types of rotary but they look like they should work well in theory .

skinmech
03-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Looks like the Builder who made all the mods, knew what they were doing...Some pretty cool ideas.

wildboy
03-17-2012, 05:13 AM

Andythetemple
03-17-2012, 12:38 PM
I can't remember if the person said it was a good while back . I've seen a few similar but none that pre date this one Ill have to check .

Andythetemple
03-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Just been On there it was dated august last year but not sure if the person had it a while . That site needs a name change I think :0

Slava INK-ing
03-22-2012, 05:28 AM
This is the first prototype of machine that I have made, the video is placed 11. 07. 2010. only to show that it was my original idea :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCWqi8fndoI&list=UUracwbtWulJ06cgpMtG22TA&index=16&feature=plcp

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCWqi8fndoI&list=UUracwbtWulJ06cgpMtG22TA&index=16&feature=plcp)

wildboy
03-22-2012, 07:04 AM
I will post a full review of the machine soon I think by end of the next week. I used it for lining yesterday it totally blew my mind...

OwlsDen
03-22-2012, 07:06 AM
I can't wait to read it.

wildboy
03-27-2012, 01:42 PM
I took 2 short videos using Slavas machine as a liner hope you guys can get a better idea of the machine in general. A full review will follow soon I have too many new machines Im playing around with at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw1TvZ2lanc&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hZ5VBWvKSQ&feature=youtu.be

tattony
03-27-2012, 02:12 PM
it sounds quite noisy???

OwlsDen
03-27-2012, 02:20 PM
it sounds quite noisy???

It isn't at all, just the way the small condenser microphones work. It is really one of the quietest machines with give. I got to play with it some ( not tattoo with it ) and it is really a genius system. You have to see it in person to fully appreciate how good it is.

Andythetemple
03-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Looks cool sweet machine. since posting that pic of the other version with the needle tensioner I've been in contact with an old friend who has the same mods on his on another forum. he bought the parts off a pro from England for £40 which is a pretty good deal considering the savings u would make he said he makes em for most machines of this type stealth , Swiss whatever I'll email the guy see what the story is I'm pretty Interested to give them a try as I have a cheap stealth rotting away could be a good setup like I said I'll see how it goes when I email this guy from England . Will keep everyone posted and find out more about it

biggboy
03-28-2012, 07:09 AM
Looks cool sweet machine. since posting that pic of the other version with the needle tensioner I've been in contact with an old friend who has the same mods on his on another forum. he bought the parts off a pro from England for £40 which is a pretty good deal considering the savings u would make he said he makes em for most machines of this type stealth , Swiss whatever I'll email the guy see what the story is I'm pretty Interested to give them a try as I have a cheap stealth rotting away could be a good setup like I said I'll see how it goes when I email this guy from England . Will keep everyone posted and find out more about it

i wouldnt mine trying to modify my stealths,i also have a couple laying around.do keep us posted please.:)

OwlsDen
03-28-2012, 07:45 AM
I don't think that comparing it to stealth anything is veryfair. Slava builds every part of the machine.

wildboy
03-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Please do me a favour and open another thread for the Stealth mods I think people might get confused a bit. My thread was meant to give an idea of Slavas machine and like OwlsDen stated already its a handmade machine not a 2$ cheap ass Swiss knockoff.

If you could edit the postings from the tat scratchers forum would be much appreciated also...

OwlsDen
03-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Please do me a favour and open another thread for the Stealth mods I think people might get confused a bit. My thread was meant to give an idea of Slavas machine and like OwlsDen stated already its a handmade machine not a 2$ cheap ass Swiss knockoff.

If you could edit the postings from the tat scratchers forum would be much appreciated also...

I couldn't agree more.

skinmech
03-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Yep thanks for taking time for the post..Can I ask, what size needle grouping were you running.

wildboy
03-28-2012, 05:18 PM
5 round 0.30 textured liner. Thats the needle Im using on almost everything lately

skinmech
03-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Were you sculpting/building up the Lines.....Nice running Machine,no ink Splutter......It's not other peoples opinions that matter, it's what you do with the Machine, and if you are happy, then all is well, and I think you are very Happy with it....... I think, we all prefer, different machines for different jobs. If I was going to Sculpt Lines, I wouldn't use my Mini Cranker, I would use my Neo-tat..And if I was infilling a large piece, I would grab my RW, or Swash...Each to their own...Once more thanks for the Vids, makes a big difference to see it in action.

wildboy
03-28-2012, 06:13 PM
No I didnt sculpt the lines. I can say that they were all solid single pass I love the give on this machine but the textured needles are helping a lot too. The give system is perfect for filling in small spots without changing anything.

Youre right everybody has different preferences this one is kinda made for my needs. You can see and feel the time and effort that Slava put in every build. This is the 2nd one I got from him (this is the 1st one http://www.rotarytattoo.com/album.php?albumid=54&attachmentid=5408) and I have a 3rd Swiss inspired one on the way. Slava will make a machine for you any way you want it with a design of your choice. That doesnt even matter to me anymore for the next one I didnt ask for a special design I just want it to be like the one I got.

Im not getting my next machine for 10% less or anything Im just really satisfied with the machines I got from Slava.

OwlsDen
03-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah I have ordered one after seeing yours, I asked for a Jensen side wheeler. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. Well to be fair I asked for a jonesy square back and maybe a Swiss too. Can't hurt to have a few machines ^^. I will say that he did mention that he has a lot if orders right now, so I am willing to wait.