PDA

View Full Version : I do permanent makeup - hello!

eyeliner
03-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Man that's a lame way to introduce myself...

Anyway, hey dudes (and dudettes) I'm totally stoked I found this forum. As the title suggests, I am a permanent cosmetic makeup artist. I do not do body art. I tattoo eyeliner, lips, eyebrows, and the occasional beauty mark.

Currently, depending on my mood I will either use my Mickey Sharpz, a custom coil built by Seth Cifferi, or a Neo Tat which I am not entirely pleased with at the moment because it keeps cutting out and I've maybe
used it 500 total hours.

I like to line with Sumi ink but hate that it heals blueish even if I add orange to it. I would love to find a black that really heals black or at least dark brown.

Administrator
03-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Man that's a lame way to introduce myself...

Anyway, hey dudes (and dudettes) I'm totally stoked I found this forum. As the title suggests, I am a permanent cosmetic makeup artist. I do not do body art. I tattoo eyeliner, lips, eyebrows, and the occasional beauty mark.

Currently, depending on my mood I will either use my Mickey Sharpz, a custom coil built by Seth Cifferi, or a Neo Tat which I am not entirely pleased with at the moment because it keeps cutting out and I've maybe
used it 500 total hours.

I like to line with Sumi ink but hate that it heals blueish even if I add orange to it. I would love to find a black that really heals black or at least dark brown.

Glad to have you, there are a few permanent cosmetic professionals on here. Is your Neotat minijack, RCA or clipcord? the cutting out could be your cable.

skinmech
03-16-2012, 02:33 AM
Hi, and welcome... There was a thread recently started, search Waverly Dark Black, P

Sage Oz
03-16-2012, 02:52 AM
Ditto on the waverly!

eyeliner
03-16-2012, 02:55 AM
It might be the RCA...it just sort of fades out and stops. If I let it sit for a week or so it will run again for awhile.

Waverly...I'll check it out, thx.

ckjr
03-16-2012, 02:56 AM
welcome my good friends wife out in Arizona uses the vivace for cosmetics

thesmokingmirror
03-16-2012, 03:35 AM
i use waverly also and it heals great however ive heard that talens is super dark as well, havent used it myself though

OwlsDen
03-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Waverly dark black and welcome to the forum.

Sage Oz
03-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Talons is a strong black and great for penwork but tattoos should be done with tattoo specific pigments not unsterile and carcinogenic drawing ink full of toxins....

Sage Oz
03-16-2012, 05:02 AM
It's like a hospital using seawater for salines drips...

wildboy
03-16-2012, 05:28 AM
It might be the RCA...it just sort of fades out and stops. If I let it sit for a week or so it will run again for awhile.

What power supply do you have? Sounds like the power supply could cause the problem. I worked with a knock off Critical power supply and had the same problem with my Bishop after a couple of month but the machine runs fine on an original Eikon EMS400...

The Limey
03-16-2012, 06:15 AM
Welcome to the forum! If you don't like Waverly, Silerback 11 heals black not a blue/grey like most sumis.

Shoot Ray (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/32-rjdadio) (The man behind Neotat) a PM about your machine issues if you can't resolve your problems.

slicksteel
03-16-2012, 11:23 AM
dynamic black is very dark and stays black can be used for line and shade and the price is great!

http://skincandytattoosupply.com/categories.php?category=Dynamic
Y (http://skincandytattoosupply.com/categories.php?category=Dynamic)ou could have a short in the cord wire (only a few wires touching inside the sheath that will heat up and cause this some times)
also a faulty solder job in the rca /pug ends can cause this-try some one elses cords then there powersupply.

Sekt
03-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the forum =]
Be good to hear more experiences from cosmetics peeps, they seem a quiet bunch !

Administrator
03-16-2012, 03:17 PM

Odd, best to call the workshop. Karen of Ray will be able to help you. I know they are at the SPCP show this weekend but will probably be back monday or tuesday. I have seen the cutting out issue from a bad minijack cord in the past.

Anyway Number is 928.473.4185

Magnu
03-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum

Gabetexas
03-17-2012, 02:59 AM
Very cool! Welcome Aboard!

eyeliner
03-18-2012, 03:48 AM
The new cable worked for the Neo BTW. I'm stoked because I really do like that little machine. It's not an RCA connex though, it's like the cable you use on your iPod. 1/8 inch I guess? Anyway thank you for the tip.