PDA

View Full Version : Color and Black n gray Flower

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Done with 5r textured (first time using a textured... I like it so far), 9 curved bugpin mag. Lined with a coil, but colored and shaded with Neo Vivace 3.5.

All in all, I pleased with the turn out (especially considering we started about 9pm and finished about midnight).

Sage Oz
03-16-2012, 02:51 AM
Clean and unique, nice.

vodu
03-16-2012, 03:55 AM
nice, very pretty

OwlsDen
03-16-2012, 04:16 AM
For the record it is not my style of tattoo, but I have to admit that is a cool tattoo. Nice job.

wildboy
03-16-2012, 04:31 AM
very nice the whole tattoo looks very unique but not overloaded. Would have been cool if you would have done some black and grey dots on the colored side of the flower

Sage Oz
03-16-2012, 04:53 AM
I agree, or a grey fade with negative space dots...

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Cool, thanks for the compliments. Means a lot coming from you guys.

Actually, in the original artwork there was some "ornamental flourishes" that were coming from the color side of the flower that was going to be in black and gray. That way it would have been: color, blk, color, blk. It would have looked pretty sweet, but then she let me know that she was wanting some wording done in the future and wanted to tie it all together. I decided against doing the flourishes until we get the letting on there (I don't want to use up valuable canvas space with extra crap).

I didn't even think of a black and gray fade with negative space dots. That would have looked pretty sick. I don't know if I could have pulled off a smooth fade working around a bunch of neg dots though. That would be some tricky junk to do!

Sage Oz
03-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Yup, sounds like a challenge. Even more if you've got script laid above it with its own 2mm neg space gap;)