PDA

View Full Version : Action Rotary by No Iron Tattoo Machines

Bishopbyname
03-17-2012, 06:03 PM
I ordered this machine on the 7th and it came today which isn't fast but is definitely acceptable and there was no hidden import charges. The machine came well packaged with some stickers and of course the 3 pivots, orange (soft), grey (medium) and yellow (hard). The machine is very solidly built, extremely well made and comes fitted with a Maxxon motor. The addition of both RCA and Clipcord connectors is a big plus for me. I have both RCA machines and Clipcord machines so any machine that has both is ideal for me.

I really like the tube vice, the plastic ball on the end of the brass thumb screw provides a firm solid grip on tubes and is a good fit. The pivots are easily swapped and it takes seconds to switch between them.

Today i used the machine for colouring, blending and shading. I set the machine on 9 volts and kept it there for all 3 functions. At this voltage the machine sounds a little like the Nedz, a bit louder than my Treasure Chest and not as quiet as my Neo-Tat. People have mentioned the weight of the machine but it's that well balanced it's hardly noticeable and i like a bit of weight in a machine.

So how did it perform? Really bloody well that's how! There is a noticeable difference between the pivots but it's gradual so i could probably use any of the pivots to perform any of the functions with a small tweak in technique. So far my favourite pivot is the yellow one, even though it's classed as the "hard" pivot there is still a dampening effect which lends itself very well to packing, blending and shading. Shading in particular was a joy and very instinctive, it just seemed to suit my style straight away. I managed to get really soft blends and nice "dusty" shading which i love. The action is really accurate, i used 2 no.11 elastic bands but a needle runner would work too. I can get carried away with new machines sometimes but on first impressions i'm blown away by this machine.

I'll update this thread as i get more hours under my belt with this wonderful machine.

skinmech
03-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Told ya....Solid Machine....http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/2973-Action-Rotary-Review.YE?highlight=action+rotary.