PDA

View Full Version : Little mod on the mini Evolution

wildboy
03-18-2012, 04:57 PM
I had a first run with the mini Evolution on Friday I outlined for 2 hours with it on an arm piece. I didnt like it too much it felt strange similar to the Swiss or the Bishop. Very hard hit and very very little give. Its not for me Im used to the Rapier and Im looking for something similar.

So I thought if I could change the give/hardness of the mini Evolution by fiddleing around with the backspring and I did cut the sides of the backspring to make it smaller and less hard(stiff?)

It totally changed the give of the machine its way softer now and has more give... Cant wait to use it again tomorrow

Edit:

I also took apart the armature bar system and grinded it down on the sides where the armature pin sits a little the armature pin was relatively stiff.

OwlsDen
03-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Very nice. I hope it lines like a rapier!

wildboy
03-18-2012, 05:32 PM
I think it can be done Ill play around with a couple of different springs. I cut too much off this time I compared it to the Rapier and its a little softer

Baldrick
03-18-2012, 05:53 PM
I'll watch this with interest too, I do like my little Evo but every machine can be tailored to suit the individual.

OwlsDen
03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
You might want to try just smoothing out the give some with the stock spring.

wildboy
03-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I'll watch this with interest too, I do like my little Evo but every machine can be tailored to suit the individual.

Was yours as I described mine? Really hard and little give?

Baldrick
03-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Mine seems to have plenty of give when not running - I'm meaning the 'feel' but when running it does hit quite hard.

I was thinking though how much give can the rear spring give, then motor lifts and pulls the armature bar - surely the rear spring is simply a pivot point ?

wildboy
03-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Hmmm but it does swing through a little when running? If youre right it could be that the armature pin sat too tight... Mine is hitting very soft now while running

wildboy
03-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Take a peek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gBBs23xNfY

OwlsDen
03-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Says video is private, can't watch it.

wildboy
03-18-2012, 06:39 PM
try again

shoutingbombs
03-18-2012, 06:52 PM
The rear spring would effect the give because it not only "pivots" in the rear, when pushing up on the A pin it would pivot on the Abar causing the front of the spring to push down... less spring less resitance. Your mod would result in more give. ....I think..lol

OwlsDen
03-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Works now. Give looks good to me. I think you just have to try it, I think it will line.

Roman HM tattoomachines
03-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Hello wildboy
Yes your mini was slightly harder, dont ask me why , but when i was tuning it i thought You would like it like that way(no particular reason, i should have asked,), since some people seem to want to use it with bigger needles , it will have more give due to the resistance of the needles in the Skin. I think now You thinned the spring but added tensión from want i saw. If it works good for You great, but otherwise i will be more than happy to respring and make it as the other ones, Sorry If this in any way caused any inconvinience. But in a way i like it how You can personalize it, like we all did with coils. So from now on when people order directly from me i will ask If they want more or less give, as for standard machines, they always will have plenty of give.
Thanks and hope You Enjoy the machine! Roman
If there is anything i can do for You please let me know.

CROWN Machines
03-18-2012, 09:21 PM
Hello Roman,

I'm glad you finally have come to know personally.
"One real cool"
Very GOOD system - I like it very much
We talk about it later times, OK;-)

I wish you much success!
Think of NAMIKI

best greetings
Mario

Roman HM tattoomachines
03-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Thank You Mario! I will let You kmow what i think once i check them!
Roman

turnrock
03-19-2012, 02:03 AM
i thought that back spring was just a pivot and return spring but in that video it's pretty clear the back spring affects the give.didn't figure out the extra hinge thing connecting the armature till just now Pretty cool!

wildboy
03-19-2012, 04:01 AM
Hello wildboy
Yes your mini was slightly harder, dont ask me why , but when i was tuning it i thought You would like it like that way(no particular reason, i should have asked,), since some people seem to want to use it with bigger needles , it will have more give due to the resistance of the needles in the Skin. I think now You thinned the spring but added tensión from want i saw. If it works good for You great, but otherwise i will be more than happy to respring and make it as the other ones, Sorry If this in any way caused any inconvinience. But in a way i like it how You can personalize it, like we all did with coils. So from now on when people order directly from me i will ask If they want more or less give, as for standard machines, they always will have plenty of give.
Thanks and hope You Enjoy the machine! Roman
If there is anything i can do for You please let me know.

Thanks for offering your help and assistance I was sure that you would come forward if there would be a real problem of any kind... This thread isnt a complaint in any way some people like little to no give machines for lining its just not for me thats why I tried to fiddle around with the machine.

The backspring is just too inviting to mess around with. I was wondering if it would affect the give of the machine from the very first moment I saw it. ^^

JohnnyChaos
03-19-2012, 04:20 AM
thanks for the vid. I never knew they performed like that.

Roman HM tattoomachines
03-19-2012, 05:35 AM
No problem! I didnt see it as a complaint, and actually liked the fact That it tempted you to Play with it!!
And it actually nade me realized That i can offer That different give options to people who buy directly from me!
What i still dont understand is why i thought you would like it with less give( maybe since you like the mini dietzel coil machine i make, i thought you wanted it for bigger configurations?? Maybe? ) i should hace asked!
So please dont hesitate If your mod doesnt work well for you! I Will be more than glad to help you out!
Thanks again!!! Roman

wildboy
03-19-2012, 05:55 PM
So 2nd time with the mini Evolution today. I outlined some lettering on an upper back and it was way better than the first time. Seems like the smaller backspring did the trick it feels like the machine is doing the lines easily without the need to push it into the skin. The whole machine feels well balanced even though its so tiny and lightweigt but maybe Im used to a lightweight liner because of the Rapier also.

Afaik the mini Evolution is the first machine with give that is almost noiseless!?

I think Im gonna love this machine if I use it a couple of times more and really get used to it. Oh and the purple frame is beautiful very happy and thankful that Roman made it possible.

@Roman I still love your mini Dietzel I used it on almost every tattoo for a year and it was the last coil I bought and used until recently but it seems like it will be replaced by the mini Evolution now ;-)

Roman HM tattoomachines
03-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Im glad you like it now and That the mod dos thr trick! However dont torcer If you want me to do anythimg to the machine to make it suit you better i am totally willing to do it!
Thanks! And i am proud That the mini dietzel was the last one to resist!!
Jajaja
Roman