PDA

View Full Version : cheyenne startup cable issue

JohnnyChaos
03-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Got a startup cable for my thunder last week, im running it on a cx2 and all is fine.
I've got a mate who's had some issues with his so tonight I started doing some tests.

With me already running a hawk id just been using my current cables. But it turns out that the adapter cable that came with the thunder isn't compatible with the startup cable!? It tries to start but wont at all with a cartridge in and only just ticks over without one.
It works fine with the old hawk adapter cable though.

Seems a bit backwards. But its the same for mine and my mates.

JohnnyChaos
03-19-2012, 09:01 AM
I've been in touch with Cheyenne and they said:-

we realize the prob with the adapter after we sent out the start–up’s. Afterwards we shipped a new adapter to all our distributors to hand them out to customers which bought start-up’s.

So I've been in touch with Barbers (who I bought the cable from) and they've posted me out out right away for free.

Blondan
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Had the same problem with it, returned it and got a refund from Barbers.

asA
03-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Get the pu1 or pu2 already.. It's worth it I assure you.

Gearphyr
03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I read they were redesigning the PU's. I feel like I'm taking a step backwards going from a Critical mount to a PU1 that sits on my counter again.

asA
03-19-2012, 06:37 PM
How is working with the proper power unit taking a step back.... I have a critical and a ems400 and a pu1..... I'm not scared to spend money on the proper stuff... I mean its 260$. And it actually runs the Cheyenne machines way better than the ems or the critical. Just my 2 cents. Gotta spend money to make money.

JohnnyChaos
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I am considering the pu1. But ya know the cx2 has run my hawk fine for the past year or so and now I use the startup cable with the thunder I can use my patches as normal again. So im in no rush.

Gearphyr
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
How is working with the proper power unit taking a step back.... I have a critical and a ems400 and a pu1..... I'm not scared to spend money on the proper stuff... I mean its 260$. And it actually runs the Cheyenne machines way better than the ems or the critical. Just my 2 cents. Gotta spend money to make money.

What I mean is in an organizational sense. I love my Critical for taking up no desk space being vertical, and I was totally sold on not having to set my power supply on an area that I'd like to keep clear of any dirty work mingling. Part of the selling point of a Hawk to me was linearizing my setup (Xing needle+tube storage space). If I can find a way to wall mount the PU1 I'll have nothing to complain about. I could mount them side by side like a pedal board maybe...

asA
03-19-2012, 08:32 PM
8370 I just put it under plastic when I put down my plastic on my station. I don't run a foot switch either I just push the drive button on the pu. Works awesome for my setup. Super simple. I'm already putting the plastic down ya know. Also it looks like the back was designed to snap into some kind of wall mount. Never seen one for sale though.

JohnnyChaos
03-20-2012, 06:07 AM
Oo I didn't about the drive button. That sounds good. I have my cx2 in that click on click off mode. But id much rather not have a foot switch at all.