PDA

View Full Version : How often do i lube my rotary and where do i put the lube.

Ant scarer
03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Ok so pretty much when i got my Injecta it had some lube and the machine no instruction wich is sweet as >but i was wondering when to lube it <like everytime i use it ??after along long session?? once a month ? when it sticks??.its a pretty simple question but id rather ask then risk anything happening to the machine .It works so goodi love it and the results have really impressed me.Im working on some pieces at the moment wich are not finished but when they are i will post pictures.:cool:

Shizzai
03-20-2012, 10:03 PM
It puts the lotion on its skin. (sorry, couldn't resist)

I'm not savvy on Inkjecta so I probably shouldn't even be responding, but most rotaries usually need lubing once every 200 hours or so.

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Or else it gets the hose again....

I don't know about the injecta, but Neotats suggest at least every 200 hours. If you are hearing more loudness than usual, you might re lube it.

Ant scarer
03-20-2012, 10:37 PM
awsome cheers.

The Limey
03-21-2012, 04:02 AM
I watch the amp draw (mine usually runs 0.22 loaded) and lube it when that starts to creep up or, when it starts making more noise than normal.

ckjr
03-21-2012, 10:50 AM
I watch the amp draw (mine usually runs 0.22 loaded) and lube it when that starts to creep up or, when it starts making more noise than normal.

smart! I never thought of watching the amp draw, I usually go by feel. I'm going to start paying more attention to that.

Ant scarer
03-22-2012, 01:26 AM
cool thaks heaps i sorta tuned and looked after my machines like my Guitar ,Then i got a couple issues of machine gun mag,while alot of it was over my head it helped alot i used to tune my shaders to L7s guitars or like mudhoney its pretty close like the fuzz muff sound this was when i wasnt told alot of info in the studio the shop baby ,Weird i know but it worked for me at the time.