PDA

View Full Version : new swashdrive slide

elbo
03-22-2012, 03:50 AM
New one out from swashdrive...looks interesting!

vodu
03-22-2012, 04:06 AM
WOW!!!new strawberry flavour?

Sage Oz
03-22-2012, 04:20 AM
Made from twizzlers;-) Bet it runs sweet, the pivoting one piece clipcord binder RCA is pretty nifty.

eric03
03-22-2012, 04:22 AM
where did u find this or where did u get it if u are the proud owner?

pert
03-22-2012, 04:26 AM
made from twizzlers......ha,ha,ha.......looks cool.

OwlsDen
03-22-2012, 05:29 AM
I really wish they would make some more metal machines. It looks cool, but plastic on plastic slide sounds like extra friction when used for a long time as the plastic would swell a little. But I am making an assumption from the photo. Besides they are known for making good machines and I know they have tested it already. I just don't understand all the plastic. Their metal machines are pure sex.

gangstajay
03-22-2012, 04:55 PM
damm they are really coming out with some cool shit.. but I 'm with owl they should make some more out of metal.. Iam guessing that they have 2 different stroke since there is a spare arm laying in there

Sage Oz
03-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Ooooo did you say plastic?!? Hoggle loves plastic!
I wonder if it has a metal slide?
I agree wish it was a bronze frameand RCA only, thatd be sweet.

slicksteel
03-22-2012, 05:37 PM
its the same exact frame as the whip without the drilled back hole and changed the name on side,reminds me of the old he-man toys just change head,color,name to make a buck! lol

OwlsDen
03-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey, we might just see the knock off on the market at the same time. All they have to do is make two parts.

Samyo
03-23-2012, 02:17 AM
Yes guys this is the new Slide .... couple of things I noticed up there in the thread .... whilst plastic is a generic term for shit made out of oil by products ... this particular compound is a Polymide, a glass fibre composite .. like the stuff they make Glocks out of .... it means you can drop it or throw it around you hotel room and it is not going to break or kill anyone.

As for the plastic on plastic ... it is actually Polymide on Nylon ... so it will last quite some considerable time .... and yes it will also make it easier for the Chinese knock off bastards .. fortunately they still don't know how to make a decent polymer... (we bought & tested some of their recent knock offs... (Bastards)

They will be available in the next couple of weeks and will be in three colors ... Black, Purple & Red ... we will also have new red Whips available soon.

As for how it runs ... like a Jackhammer ... we made it for all those folk that seemed to be having trouble lining with The Whip .... and also it really is horses for courses ... I see so many amazing artists to so many different things in different ways ... so we just have t make products that work for as many folk as we can...

OwlsDen
03-23-2012, 04:05 AM
I am sure polyamide is rugged stuff, most likely not cheap to produce. Although, aesthetically it looks like plastic. The Adjustable stroke stainless steel monster that surfaced on this forum was gorgeous. I hear that some were even in brass or bronze. I personally would be more likely to buy a machine made of metal. But that is my opinion, and obviously doesn't reflect the amount of machines you sell. To be honest I have considered the whip lots of times. So what does this new machine do that the others don't? Does it have give? If so is it preset give?

Sage Oz
03-23-2012, 07:12 AM
I too prefer the look and feel of a metal frame or body. Yes arguably the polyamide is more or less as strong durable and vibration absorbent but there is something almost primitive in this guy's lust for metals. I doubt the majority of tattoists would vote polyamide to be as pretty as purple anodized polished alloy or patinad copper or aged bronze. Its just an asthetic preference but it was one of the things that I would have changed about the swashdrive gen6(that I used for everything until recently) as i wanted the amazing performance of it with a different look. Most working tools and tattoo machines are primarily metal, not just because it is durable and gets the job done but because it's beautiful and has a tangible quality feel. Polyamide looks like milk crates and shopping baskets to me. perhaps if you offered them with a nice painted finish or had them chromed. Or please make a big run of metal frames for us mountain dwarves. Larger quantity runs should also lower the cost on the cast SS and bronze versions, maybe be bringing the price down a bit from $650.

gangstajay
03-23-2012, 07:56 AM
thanks samyo for coming on and speaking about the new machine,,, you say artists had an issue with outlining with the whip..shit I think it was the best liner I ever picked up!!(my opinion) So much so that I would give up 3 of my machine for another one. the only think I had to do was adjust to the fact that on set up of the machine you did let much of your needle hang out because the more give you had on the slider the more stroke it had. So the sweet spot for me was set at 7 on the slider and run it about 10.3v and it would push any size liner. So now iam going to have to try to pick one of these up and give it a try.

tat2carson
04-08-2012, 05:05 PM
The gen 6 i had the plastic was pretty durable i kept a drop of oil where the parts touch n never noticed any wear at all. Does anyone know how these guys line are they pretty good liners. I have been using a hawk spirit and am not happy with the outlining at all. The needle will catch in the skin if you pivot the machine wrong on a long outline.

jesoner79
04-08-2012, 08:25 PM
tat2carson i line with the gen6 its the best thing for lining for me

Mission Tattoo
04-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Plastic awesome

daza
04-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi new to the site would like to say why have they stopped making the gen series awesome machines have two gen7 's in stainless and ally/bronze I've only ever seen one whip in stainless and it's on a you tube film that tony is doing its sitting on top of a small shelf if i remember so i emailed samyo and he said there was only one ever made and it in secret place. lol I have had a whip not that keen like i said gens all the way after all SWASHDRIVE;its the name of the company

jesoner79
04-25-2012, 09:11 PM
tattoos machines will soon become like cars you will have to finance lol

Sage Oz
04-25-2012, 09:18 PM
J79, you'd have a ton of free capitol for new rotaries if you sold off some of your giant collection of coils...

aurelien
04-26-2012, 01:40 PM
I second the fact that more metal machines should be made from Swashdrive. I had a whip for not so long and used a gen7 for some time, although I liked how they ran (even though too light for me) the first I opened the box I felt like opening a Kinder lol !
I don't question the fact they are solid machines, it just feels fragile. I would not buy again a swashdrive for this unique reason unless they are metal made. (the same reason I didn't really like the RW aluminium and prefered the brass versions)
just my own opinion on it !

slicksteel
04-26-2012, 01:52 PM
yea it would be cool if they made a metal line of all their machines
they have pics of the new slider on the website now

Dreviltattoo
04-26-2012, 04:57 PM
They should sell gen 6 again. I need backups incase my compressor blows up.

Sage Oz
04-27-2012, 02:53 AM
I agree gen6's are awesome!

daza
04-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Looking at what you guys are saying use a gen 6 myself do you think the motor feels stronger than a gen 7 ? sage oz dude tried my bronze out tell you what its a soft machine got a hard clip on still really soft so i think i might swap over and put a soft clip on could end up with a really soft b&g machine does any one find that brass and bronze seam to make machines softer

Sage Oz
04-27-2012, 11:07 PM
I find that brass and bronze particularly have such good dampening properties because of the high density, so smoother I feel for sure. As far as softening the hit I don't think in that frame it would make a difference, gotta be the give clip...

daza
04-28-2012, 07:48 PM
cheers Sage Oz good info

Invertedpixel
04-28-2012, 08:09 PM
nice lines, but it LOOKS cheap because of the polymer frame. I'm totally with Sage Oz about some primitive lust for metal...

adamfromessex
04-29-2012, 01:33 PM
must just be me-i like the polymer look and feel, came from the plastic industry, cant wait for carbon fibre to be popping up i will be snapping up quite a few different machines lol.
saw the carbon fibre one posted a few weeks ago - special technique? awesome.

what are the properties from the polmer for vibration dampening versus the metals like brass?

daza
04-29-2012, 09:01 PM
good question i found the Polly OK with the vibration i think because its lite its going to move about on your hand didn't find that just supper quit as for the stainless and bronze well no comparison smooth with a wonderful feel if you have been tattooing with a coil machine for years well it like a breath of fresh air would recommend metal but if your hands are getting to the tired stage Polly all the way