PDA

View Full Version : From Death to Life

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-22-2012, 06:48 PM
A little 9x12 i did a couple months back with a standard Bic mechanical pencil. Crappy camera photo (sorry).

Sekt
03-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Nice... like the theme, but perhaps more contrast? in other words, black will bring in to life.. doesn't need much, just enough to give depth, especially in the death part of the picture? but balck, not dark grey, just a suggestion though. You could also experiment (maybe in another picture) with foreground, and back ground, as if the viewer (us!) is lying on the ground looking at the skull? in other words the view point is really close, and from a half buried view point? So you could have worms, and soil and shit, then half buried skull, and sky etc.. You could try making the skull sort of blurred, and something in the distance in focus? Giving the feeling of raw intimacy in being buried and in the ground? ok i'll pour the rest of the vodka down the sink =[

Sage Oz
03-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Cool drawing, I'd like to see more contrast as well, you only have black in the flower tips, makes them stand out oddly. A dark background would do a lot to add drama. Like the textures in the skull and how it's missin a side. Violent death!

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-22-2012, 11:26 PM
LOL! I couldn't agree more with the contrast. I didn't have any of my 2b pencils available so this was almost as dark as I could get the lead without etching a hole through the paper! ((now I'm gonna have to dig out my 2b's and finish this...))

I do like the idea of crisp foreground- blurry background idea. That could be a fun future project!

Thanks for the input. I'm finding that I really like having the luxary of bouncing ideas off of other artists. Something I don't get very often!

Sekt
03-23-2012, 10:40 AM
I like giving feedback, everyone is better at something than me of course, but because I get to test out ideas, and use the creative thing..