PDA

View Full Version : stigma

skarnsink
03-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Hey guys, iv'e have my stigma hyper for a week now and love it but it is a bit noisy compared to my other rotarys , is this normal ? just the swash baering i thought ? any info would be great .
thanks .
SkarnsInk

Baldrick
03-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Is it a hyper or a hyper v2 - because the v2 , with the plastic side screws in the top, is a lot quieter than the older version.

elbo
03-23-2012, 04:18 PM
or yours is on its way out!!!!

Baldrick
03-23-2012, 04:23 PM
or yours is on its way out!!!!

Yeah that's a possibility if it is the v2

How old is it and has it ever been dropped, or serviced?

skarnsink
03-23-2012, 05:38 PM
just bought it brand new and yeah hyper 2 with the plastic screw on the side guess i should ring the supplyer on monday ? so they are quiet say , comaired to rotary works?

Baldrick
03-23-2012, 05:58 PM
There quiet normally, compared to a rotary works - yeah similar level I would say. ( been awhile since I had a RW)

Magnu
03-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Hyper V2 normally runs with little noise.I have 3 Have you tried lubricating the sides of the platic slider where the rod that takes the grommet is? There should be lubricant and instructions if the machine was new and boxed

skarnsink
03-23-2012, 06:08 PM
ok , well i guess its a little loalder than the RW but not to much, just not silent like the swiss knock off i have , think i'll send the supplyer an email about it and they have a stand at the Helsinki convention next weekend so i'll go see them with the machine ..

skarnsink
03-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Hyper V2 normally runs with little noise.I have 3 Have you tried lubricating the sides of the platic slider where the rod that takes the grommet is? There should be lubricant and instructions if the machine was new and boxed

well it looked like there was lube there but i just ran it straight out of the box thinking it would be fine

skarnsink
03-23-2012, 06:15 PM
i'll try that tomorrow Magnu , befor i panic and losse my head :)

ckjr
03-23-2012, 11:05 PM
mine has a wierd whining sound. its not loud, just has a wierd hum to it. I broke it down, lubed it, still the same. it works perfectly fine. in fact its probably still one of my favorites.

skarnsink
03-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Ok so i put more super lube on the slider and there is less noise , so maybe thats all in needed (feal a bit silly :) as its a no brainer to lube it but as i got it new thought it would be fine straight out of the box) its still not as quiet as i thought it would be but tattooed for 3.5 hrs today with it and just realy nice to work with ,love it .
I did notice that there is a little play between the slider and the slider casing where you lube it , is that normal ?