PDA

View Full Version : 10 pounds shit in a 5 pounds bag

aurelien
03-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi this customer came a month ago or so, with this for his forearm :

After many talk with my boss/friend and the other tattooist I did that:

It must be the weirdest tattoo I've done (except for the REALLY weird and creepy ones)
All done with RotaryWorks 2xplain brass and 1xali springer

Sage Oz
03-23-2012, 04:59 PM
It actually looks like a cool collage though I usually loath collages (both as an artist and an observer)and that many different things but you arranged it pretty nicely and it worked out well as you could want considering. Personally though I would have pushed hard to weed out the unnecessary junk...
It's kinda nice though in the end when we do stuff that's out of the box, our customers keep it interesting at least...

wildboy
03-23-2012, 06:19 PM
turned out pretty good the illustrative style is beautiful and not overloaded

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-23-2012, 07:10 PM
lol, you shoulda just made a stencil of what they brought in!

The tattoo looks cool considering what you had to work with though. I'd say well done. Way to polish the turd to make it presentable in public. ;)

OwlsDen
03-23-2012, 07:25 PM
I would have loved to hear them describe this to you.

" yes, I would like to have a cloud holding a sign that reads enjoy, whilst it urinates a rainbow into the smiling mouth of a second cloud. This second cloud should have a paper airplane flying out if it's mouth as well... Oh and pooping lots of little notes on to a keyboard... and it needs to have two birds on an inverted cross that are in love. Did I mention the shamrock? Great, so we can do this today? Oh can you put a pocket watch in there too?"

spoonertattoos
03-24-2012, 12:03 AM
nightmare

biggboy
03-24-2012, 12:25 AM
nice,did you use the RW springer for outline or the standard RW.and at volts for lining??thanks

It must be the weirdest tattoo I've done (except for the REALLY weird and creepy ones)

DiarrheaSuitcase
03-24-2012, 01:52 AM
lol, you shoulda just made a stencil of what they brought in!

The tattoo looks cool considering what you had to work with though. I'd say well done. Way to polish the turd to make it presentable in public. ;)

I know I was joking around a bit with this, but seriously man, I think you took a cracked out, crappy concept and turned it into something way better than he could have ever imagined! I like the colors and the shading in it.

OwlsDen
03-24-2012, 03:04 AM
I know I was joking around a bit with this, but seriously man, I think you took a cracked out, crappy concept and turned it into something way better than he could have ever imagined! I like the colors and the shading in it.

I second that. All jokes aside, you did a great thing.

aurelien
03-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Ah ah ah yeah thanks all ! I was very septical at first but the guy was super open so I tried and was (all self glory whatever aside <- I don't know if it means anything lol,) pretty happy how it came out. It really put me outside my comfort zone but as Sage said, from time to time it makes it more interesting and gives fresh eyes on anything else that can be done :)
@ Owlsden Yeah when the guy started explained it that was pretty much it LOL We were having a hard time not to laugh at his face !! Just way too unreal man ah ah ah
I used the springer for a 15 curved mag, med spring @ 2.8v for the waverly inks and 3 for the eternal ones. I still prefer the plain brass though, I used a 5l (3.5 V)and an opened 11 (3.3 V)

skinmech
03-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Superfukn cool design and application, you totally nailed this one, 10 outta 10,P.

wildboy
03-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Lucky for him he ended up with you... I know a lot of guys that would have made a stencil out of it and put it on without caring about it.

fkirons
03-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Believe it or not I like these kinds of weird stuff. You pulled it off really nice. But I still like something about the original paper version...of course not for a tattoo but I has its magic.