PDA

View Full Version : Swashdrive whip on ebay.

Sinnersink
03-24-2012, 09:05 AM
I bought this on ebay. Got it off cheap, thinks it all new. anybody see anything wrong? like china copy or?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWASHDRIVE-WHIP-Style-FRAME-ROTARY-TATTOO-MACHINE-GUN-/270938793961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1535e7e9#ht_2707wt_1219

Thanks.

Zapp
03-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Congratulation,he has 3 left from 10 !!!!

elbo
03-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Cant see it lasting...cheap chinese rubbish for sure!

aurelien
03-24-2012, 09:54 AM
http://www.yuelongtattoo.com/products-show.asp?id=2202

fkirons
03-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Congratulation,he has 3 left from 10 !!!!
You crack me up!LOL

fkirons
03-24-2012, 10:02 AM
No only 3 left of 10...this is what pisses me the shit off me. People making a good profit off knock offs without a single effort and thanks to someones handwork. GRRRRRRRRRRR

Sinnersink
03-24-2012, 10:02 AM
i didn't pay yet. only bid on it. all think its fake?

Baldrick
03-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Wow that's one expensive copy !!! There on there for less than Ģ50 now.

Baldrick
03-24-2012, 10:06 AM
i didn't pay yet. only bid on it. all think its fake?

Sinners the title says swashdrive whip STYLE - that says it all

aurelien
03-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Fake swashes go for 120-150 $ they look like exact copies on the outside. Scary.

Sage Oz
03-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Doh!

Sage Oz
03-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Sinnersink you might want to try and retract that bid ASAP. Not only is it a crap Chinese knockoff but a very overpriced one at that...

Sinnersink
03-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Haha dont worry. I dont pay

vodu
03-24-2012, 06:59 PM
now is 77 bucks...LOL
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Rotary-Tattoo-Machine-Gun-Swashdrive-Whip-Dragonfly-Style-Purple-M630-1-/260987735353?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc414cd39

Sinnersink
03-24-2012, 07:00 PM
that one is also worse copy haha:)

vodu
03-24-2012, 07:03 PM
cīmon!!!!!itīs purple! everybody knows purple machines is high quality!

Zapp
03-24-2012, 09:41 PM
that one is also worse copy haha:)

Now you see its a copy,bevor you have told us you have bought one from a supplyer who have 3 from 10 in stock and sell also "FIREFLY " Machines!!!!
cīmon ;-)

Sinnersink
03-25-2012, 01:46 PM
last time i checked this seller didnt sell anything else than that machine. cmon what? why so grudged by me asking weather i should pay my bid or not, or if this is a copy ? i dont even know why people get mad over shit like that in here, to much inner anger guys.
U should go yell ur wrath out in a room. i dont know whats wrong, mad that ur not evolving or what it is.
I buy my gear, top quality, i got lots of work, i do more proper tattos than 90% on this forum. Quit hate.
Just because the ability to see weather its fake or not doesnt make u a better person haha.

And at last. Thanks for the nice and polite answers!

Sekt
03-25-2012, 03:50 PM
This is such a nice and helpful community, I've learned so much here, some fantastic people- artists I admire, but sadly there are also a few snobs, which is exactly what I thought this culture is against ?

Sage Oz
03-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Shnobs you say?!? Oh dear, I say it appears we're out of sherry!

fkirons
03-25-2012, 05:58 PM
last time i checked this seller didnt sell anything else than that machine. cmon what? why so grudged by me asking weather i should pay my bid or not, or if this is a copy ? i dont even know why people get mad over shit like that in here, to much inner anger guys.
U should go yell ur wrath out in a room. i dont know whats wrong, mad that ur not evolving or what it is.
I buy my gear, top quality, i got lots of work, i do more proper tattos than 90% on this forum. Quit hate.
Just because the ability to see weather its fake or not doesnt make u a better person haha.

hey bro if you get banned from here I wouldn't be surprised...

Sage Oz
03-25-2012, 06:06 PM
I was only trying to look out for you sin, I've been duped by an early Chinese knockoff of a Cain spiral when they just came out and it's a sucky feeling. Sure there's truth that a machine doesn't make an Artist, but I couldn't produce the quality and quantity of work as I do without my quality tools. I'd rather have my small arsenal of nice machines than a garbage bag full of cheap junk machines.

elbo
03-25-2012, 06:13 PM

I wouldnt be polite to you...after that statement its obvious you are a grade A cock.

asA
03-25-2012, 06:16 PM
at leaste dude is humble... he is better than 90% of us on this forum. WOW...

Sinnersink
03-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Yea thats why i come to u and ask polite, if this machine is okay. why have another unpolite attitude back?. Im just bored out of people jacking everybody down man. I ask polite and i send regards. Why don't do the same?

Why people need to be "BETTER" than me. just because they have been on the forum for longer time. What i mean about this is not at all u take it. I just don't want to get ruted down by people, than really don't got shit on king kong.

If anybody took this in the different way, that it was meant, i am truly sorry. The best builders of the world and some of the best artist is in here.

Sinnersink
03-25-2012, 07:26 PM
its just snobby, fkirons why react like this? Ur not being a deuce in here at all? Why people take this so offensive? its just snobby... If people thinks I'm a idiot for putting up a question weather this machine is okay or not, then don't answer the thread, is it harder than that?.

And over exaturating gives understanding. I think this is the best forum around this globe, but that doesn't mean deuces won't appear.

Sinnersink
03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
exactly auerilien. thanks for a very nice answer. It looks the same, how would i know?

Sorry for whoever i offended, i felt cornered!

Scratchdog
03-26-2012, 12:02 AM
Now you see its a copy,bevor you have told us you have bought one from a supplyer who have 3 from 10 in stock and sell also "FIREFLY " Machines!!!!
cīmon ;-)

Zapp, the first WHIP he showed us he was going to buy is identical to the original the second chinese copy is quite obviously not

aurelien
03-26-2012, 04:00 AM
To "recalibrate the thread" The problem is that most copies don't look like copies anymore. It will soon be very hard to tell the difference between the original and the replica. The only way will be to run them and of course over the internet it's impossible. With the proliferation of distributors, specially in europe ( we don't have national, pulse etc ... companies, they 're just all new comers) so it's hard to tell if the guys are gonna be honnest and provide the right machine or just try to fuck everyone up and put up overpriced copies. I bet my ass we 'll soon have to go back to conventions buy only system.

Just to show you guys, in France we cannot order tattoo equipment over eBay. So to be fair I couldn't even tell if the copy was good or not ah ah
Also I keep missing out on good deals I'm sure. Stupid censorship. Because of that, to illustrate what I said earlier, distributors here by chinese disposable grips and needles then sell it to us over priced.8567

Sinnersink
03-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Thanks, thats is crazy, and will make the buying of machines much harder, but I'm thinking on these forums contacting the personal builder will be the way to cut all the second links, and the chance of buying copies.

But actually i understand that, ebay is becoming one big cheat on the tattoo machine market.

Same in denmark, our suppliers is buying chinese shit, selling "start kits" for 500 dollar like the chinese on ebay for 120 dollars.
chinese disposables. U can't even get a good disposable quality.

skinmech
03-26-2012, 04:37 AM
Why is ebay to blame ?...Surely it is the fault of the Companies who produce the Shit and Sell on ebay.I don't feel sorry for anyone who buys a copy from ebay, doesn't matter if it is a Handbag or a tattoo machine, if it is a copy, then it is your own fault.Do your homework first, check what else the Seller has Sold.Contact the Builder, and if lucky they might tell you if it is the real deal.....You only get what you pay for, there are genuine bargains...BUT, we all know they are few and far between....Buy from the Builder direct,simple....Peace,P...

Remember, ebay is only a "host" site, therefore, within reason, they will Sell just about anything that the Sellers wish to advertise..In this instance I feel the need to mis-quote...Don't blame the Game, Blame the Players

Andythetemple
03-26-2012, 05:13 AM
too true ebay do show a certain degree of responsibility in alot of there sales but tattooing isnt one of them . i myself have purchased a couple of cheap machines out of interest and found most of them to be of poor quality . the stealth copy is pretty good and not much difference to the real one in performance , maybe i was lucky who knows . these whip copys look ok i have a real one which im not too keen on and if they were selling these that cheap at the time i would have probably bought one to try first instead of shelling out 400-500 on a machine that sits in a drawer , a sort of try before you buy. we will have to wait and see if they are any good who knows they might be . something to take into consideration is that at what price does it cost to build a real swashdrive whip ,not much im betting so who is ripping who off its not clear .

Sage Oz
03-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Andy, if you don't like the whip I'm sure you could sell or trade it to someone here, they have a following, provided of course that you can provide proof that it's real;)
I don't get though how you think buying a cheap knockoff to test will give you any indication of what it's like to run the real version. It's like wanting to drive a Porsche but to 'test' it out getting a Dodge Neon and painting 'Porsche' on the side.

Andythetemple
03-26-2012, 05:34 PM
I can't see these been hard to copy to a good degree as they are pretty basic machines if everyone is been honest . A stigma on the other hand are quite complicated machines and has had alot more engineering knowhow used to make them. I'm Not telling people to buy them I'm just saying I personally would of tried this first to see what there like. I like new gadgets that come out I'm like a magpie and have more machines than I could ever possibly need . Somebody who is honest and uses a whip on a regular basis needs to buy one for a real comparison Only someone in that position to tell the truth. I know one thing the Chinese are getting onto these expensive machines like a rash stigma will be next on the production Line just a matter of time . A sad but true fact

asA
03-26-2012, 05:43 PM
I can't see these been hard to copy to a good degree as they are pretty basic machines if everyone is been honest . A stigma on the other hand are quite complicated machines and has had alot more engineering knowhow used to make them. I'm Not telling people to buy them I'm just saying I personally would of tried this first to see what there like. I like new gadgets that come out I'm like a magpie and have more machines than I could ever possibly need . Somebody who is honest and uses a whip on a regular basis needs to buy one for a real comparison Only someone in that position to tell the truth. I know one thing the Chinese are getting onto these expensive machines like a rash stigma will be next on the production Line just a matter of time . A sad but true fact stigma machines are already coppied. Been coppied for some time. The mantis is a copy of the old bizzare isn't it.

tat2carson
04-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I reported the fake mikey sharpz copies to ebay n you dont have to pay. Its under copyright infringement. Ebay is actually good about that they will pull the item if u make a complaint

tat2carson
04-08-2012, 04:55 PM
They copied the hawk n its complicated be very careful buying machines off ebay with your hard earned cash. They are forging signatures numbers complicated machines u name it an the chinks jack it.

tat2carson
04-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I use the hawk spirit for realism and grqbbed a chinese copy to check it out n maybe get a cheap grip out of the deal. No way theres about 1mm of stroke and the only place it would go deep enough to keep in in would be on someones calf. It cant even get the ink in deep enough with that much needle travel

CROWN Machines
04-11-2012, 08:14 PM
This is China goods - there are people who want to buy to buy there, only to then complain when NOT running not for real, I can produce 10 000 machines for sale - great great - but what does it all - NOTHING just SHIT and NO GOOD WORK RESULTS
TATTOO ARTIST Professional buy something NOT

bennyd
04-12-2012, 07:25 AM
It will probably break... it will not have the same quality of motor in it and will not last.... Genuine swashdrive whips only cost about $500 AU... not a big investment for the quality you are getting....

Thom Macy
04-13-2012, 07:57 AM
I almost went for one myself but it just didnt seem right...they look perfect, I'm glad I seen this thread, cause I might have went back,lol.

Invertedpixel
04-14-2012, 12:14 AM
oh lord you can see the molding lines fromthe injection process

Invertedpixel
04-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Actually, even though it is a really nice running machine, even genuine whips feel flimsy, and the polymer frames seem to add to difficulty in knowing the diffrence between a legit whip and a bootleg one...Swash's metal machines are much nicer, and metal frames / bodies can't be replicated as cheaply as injection molded platic

evlink2006
04-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Don't be a cheap ass. If you want a machine buy it from the guy who builds the damn things. Then there is no question of authenticity and a reputable builder will back his work. Ebay will just tell you to kick rocks when it breaks.

gangstajay
04-14-2012, 11:36 AM

LMAO that's funny, I looked at your webb and face book.. alot of busted ass tattoos on there and a few ok ones and then some real nice ones,not sure which ones are yours. remember you joined this forum of your own free will! you posted and asked a question dont you get upset because you didn't like the answer! make sure you work is spot on before you say how good you are.! dueces

Sinnersink
04-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Cool bro, glad to hear u like the newer work. Ofcourse i didn't want to get upset jay. But we could all need a little more open free mind. Little more politeness.
U can check out my work in here. i posted some pictures anyway...

Cheers bro.

mattelstone
04-20-2012, 05:36 PM
I just don't see the point in buying a cheap Chinese ripoff, even just to "test it out". It just reminds me of walk-ins who need coverups because they wanted to "try out" a scratcher a friend recommended.

I'd feel awfully hypocritical if I preached "ya get what ya pay for" all week long at work, and then turn around and buy a cheap knock off machine to save a couple hundred bucks.

You could probably find a whip here on the forums, don't ya think?

Sage Oz
04-20-2012, 05:53 PM
I just don't see the point in buying a cheap Chinese ripoff, even just to "test it out". It just reminds me of walk-ins who need coverups because they wanted to "try out" a scratcher a friend recommended.

I'd feel awfully hypocritical if I preached "ya get what ya pay for" all week long at work, and then turn around and buy a cheap knock off machine to save a couple hundred bucks.

You could probably find a whip here on the forums, don't ya think?

Exactly what I've been preaching...

jesoner79
04-20-2012, 06:45 PM
see the problem with buying a 600 dollar machine to test it out is this say i buy the whip and i dont like it ...... i aint getting 600 for it period unlike the majority of people on this site i dont expect to get what i paid for a machine in trade in value i dont give a shit if u bought it 10 mins before u sold it its not the same once it is yours i dont know what the hell u did with it and y u dont like it but u still expect to get 600 for it so as far as im concerned if u have money to waste like that then u guys go ahead and buy them and then trade them but dont expect to get retail value for it with people like me yeah coils ill trade extra for for a rotary cuz they are in demand but dont expect to trade a 600 dollar machine for two 400 dollar machines which is what i see happening on here alot and the funny part is i build machines and dot give a shit if someone buys a knock off first by the way does anyone have a whip for trade lets see

jesoner79
04-20-2012, 06:47 PM
oh yeah and from tattoos alone i make about 65-75k a year not counting my other incomes and i cant afford to just throw 600 out the window if i dont like something so i doubt anyone else can except a small handful of people on here

jesoner79
04-20-2012, 06:51 PM
not only that but can we knock off the knock off shit u are all hypocrites just so u know stop acting so self righteous and pointing fingers
IF YOU ARE A TATTOO ARTIST YOU ARE GUILTY AND IF YOU THINK YOU ARENT TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR PORTFOLIOS AND LOOK AT THE OTHER MACHINES U HAVE THEY ARE ALL KNOCK OFFS OF SOMETHING THAT CAME BEFORE IT

tatu richie
04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
well said jimmee ;)

gangstajay
04-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Cool bro, glad to hear u like the newer work. Ofcourse i didn't want to get upset jay. But we could all need a little more open free mind. Little more politeness.
U can check out my work in here. i posted some pictures anyway...

Cheers bro.

cool

Sage Oz
04-20-2012, 09:44 PM
not only that but can we knock off the knock off shit u are all hypocrites just so u know stop acting so self righteous and pointing fingers
IF YOU ARE A TATTOO ARTIST YOU ARE GUILTY AND IF YOU THINK YOU ARENT TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR PORTFOLIOS AND LOOK AT THE OTHER MACHINES U HAVE THEY ARE ALL KNOCK OFFS OF SOMETHING THAT CAME BEFORE IT

Jimmy why so pissed? Nobody is pointing fingers at anybody here....
The topic is about knockoff whips, not those that like them or hate them...

We've all bought Chinese crap, wether tattoo machines or supplies or shit at the 99cent store(I wonder if they have 99pence stores in the UK?), and those items are usually in the end not worth the time or money we've wasted on them...

And a knockoff is not a new version of something else, a new BMW is not a knockoff of a Ford model T, it is an evolution of the design including new innovations and stylings. A knockoff is if someone made an exact(at first appearance) replica using the same dimensions(if not a mold taken from the original and without any royalties to the original creator) out of much inferior materials to lower standards and then he writes 'BMW' and in much much smaller letters 'style' and then cheaply undercuts the price and makes it openly available it to those that don't value the quality of the original and expects it to drive the same. And a knockoff manufacturer will not be there to help when something breaks or doesn't work, which it will, whilst the originals usually come with good Customer Service, an often under appreciated commodity.

A $600 machine can easily pay for itself in hours, and even if you don't like it, and decide to sell it for let's say $400(which is a low price for a near new machine, but it'll do for the sake of argument) your loss is only $200, which was paid for by your customer in the process of trying it, which leads me to the conclusion...

The true cost to try a quality machine is only the time you spent trying it out.

Because of the difference in quality of a fake machine to a real machine, you are much more likely to be unhappy with the fake sooner or later when the cheap quality shows it's ugly face.... And then to attribute those perspectives towards the original which you haven't even tried. If my first rotary was the knockoff swashdrive, instead of the real version, which it luckily was(gen6), I may never have converted because of the sour taste in my mouth over a fake! Then the fake sits there not being used much, and it shouldn't, an abomination, alienated by the nicer machines that do there job well and deserve their praise, until it is sold to some cheap scratcher(encouraging him to preform his evil) to get rid of it in disgust.

Not very fair to myself, or the creator of the real machine, or my clients.

I also don't have money to blow(my income is less than previously mentioned in the thread) but I buy higher end machines because of the lasting quality and performance in them at the risk of loss of resale value, because they are more likely to be the perfect tool for me. And if they aren't the fit for my style or abilities they will serve someone else very well. I also am decreasing the odds of loss by doing proper research on machines, reading the reviews here(partially why this forum exists is it not?) and correlating the data to find the best choice. I just happily bought a new HM SantaMaria(350€) from Roman, an awesome guy with awesome customer service. And a true artist, too(I'd much rather see him spending that money than some knockoff thief manufacturer that doesn't even have a tattoo much less do them well). It's in the post at the moment but I know that it's very high quality will shine as soon as I open the box. And if it just doesn't vibe with me (unlikely, but possible) and I end up selling or trading it, I really doubt that I'll ever regret the decision or be able to recoup my investment. So why should I ever waste my money on a bunch of crappy knockoffs that will work like shit and die quickly? Why shouldn't I be investing heavily in quality tools, just as all professionals in any trade does?A master mechanic uses Mack or similarly expensive tools(a full case is tens of thousands of dollars), is he insane?

jesoner79
04-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Andy, if you don't like the whip I'm sure you could sell or trade it to someone here, they have a following, provided of course that you can provide proof that it's real;)
I don't get though how you think buying a cheap knockoff to test will give you any indication of what it's like to run the real version. It's like wanting to drive a Porsche but to 'test' it out getting a Dodge Neon and painting 'Porsche' on the side.here you go

jesoner79
04-20-2012, 11:08 PM
Don't be a cheap ass. If you want a machine buy it from the guy who builds the damn things. Then there is no question of authenticity and a reputable builder will back his work. Ebay will just tell you to kick rocks when it breaks.and another

jesoner79
04-20-2012, 11:13 PM
see i go in the rants section to see what people are complaining about but we are suppose to be constructive and most of us just waste time talking shit about nothing would could all benefit from each other and for the most part i read complaints and i just hate people who are full of shit just be real thats all i ask cuz if your not i will call u out not specifically you just people in general i would like to see more paintings more tattoos more art more builds and more info maybe some techniques not just tattoos but art techniques in general but these are the threads we start see why i get mad

jesoner79
04-20-2012, 11:24 PM
sage about those mechanics lets not forget i build machines and i have alot of tools and equipment but by no means did i buy it all at once it took years getting to be able to afford these tools as well as it takes a mechanics to buy all of his tools now at one point i owned over 60 machines at any given time i must have gone thru maybe 200 total in 15 years and now i have like 12 rotaries ive only been using rotaries since feb of this year i have paid and traded my way to those 12 and trust me when u only have coils to trade it doesnt come cheap but if i was to get a knock off whip and decide that it worked ok and ended up goin to shit and said oh hell no i would never buy the real thing then that would make me a complete moron and dont deserve to buy the real thing in the first place but tell that to the people who make em i bet they sell to complete morons all the time and from the majority of the people i have see in this industry trust me morons keep us in business

tat2carson
04-28-2012, 04:40 AM
yep chinese garbage, file a dispute man