PDA

View Full Version : Inkjecta vs Bishop vs Dragonfly

graveghoul
03-24-2012, 06:46 PM
I am in the market for a new rotary (as many of you are as well) and i really have no experience with them. The closest experience i can say i have is using an N2 Neuma setup. I am very light handed. I need a good, solid liner but a machine that can pack color smoothly as well. I do alot of high contrast, New Skool type tattoos. Ive read up on Bishop, Dragonfly, and Inkjecta. But all i read are 50/50 reviews. I really only have the budget for one purchase. Anyone have preferences based on actual usage or reviews? Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

Sage Oz
03-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Best all around machine and an incredible liner, great weight balance, simple and solid build, top o the line motor, easily adjustable stroke, just a bit of give, and great service: the Dan Kubin mini cranker. A good price too, customizable colors, and if you don't like it(I bet you will love it) they are highly sought after and retain there value...

artoftatt2
03-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Best all around machine and an incredible liner, great weight balance, simple and solid build, top o the line motor, easily adjustable stroke, just a bit of give, and great service: the Dan Kubin mini cranker. A good price too, customizable colors, and if you don't like it(I bet you will love it) they are highly sought after and retain there value...

+1

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5uroof

bmerck11
03-27-2012, 08:24 AM
i have many bishops that i love and an inkjecta specific that is very versitile. i would say inkjecta lines better and is all around very good machine with wide range of give adjustement. i run my bishops for everything but lining on a daily basis and love them though, just got used to the no give thing withem. no exp with dragonfly though. oh and inkjecta has two new models coming out in next three months worth looking at the v1 and v2 they look very cool!!

skinmech
03-27-2012, 09:25 AM
D Kubins Mini Cranker with adjustable stroke, will do everything, simple as that.....

Administrator
03-27-2012, 02:47 PM
I am in the market for a new rotary (as many of you are as well) and i really have no experience with them. The closest experience i can say i have is using an N2 Neuma setup. I am very light handed. I need a good, solid liner but a machine that can pack color smoothly as well. I do alot of high contrast, New Skool type tattoos. Ive read up on Bishop, Dragonfly, and Inkjecta. But all i read are 50/50 reviews. I really only have the budget for one purchase. Anyone have preferences based on actual usage or reviews? Thanks so much for reading! I appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

Keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds on here as well. One's trash can be your treasure. :)

wildboy
03-27-2012, 03:08 PM
A Rapier II would be a good choice also you dont have to experiment in the beginning with the different give settings but it has a really good give system for lining and I bet it will pack color like a motherfu**ker. If you dont like it it will be taken off your hands in an instant

tatu richie
03-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Stigma Hyper is amazing

Sage Oz
03-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I've used the rapier2 for coloring a couple times and it's nice and light good for 7mags and smaller but the motor doesnt have much torque i think I prefer the swashdrive, even though they are small the leverage mechanics make them beasts, or the Kubin cranker, its the smoothest most versatile machine I've ever used for everything so far and I just can't find any faults in it's performance...

elbo
03-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Man i use my rapiers with 13 and 15 mags and find they do the job great!....pumps the ink in!

slicksteel
03-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Yea they can push anything for sure!

Invertedpixel
03-27-2012, 07:10 PM
You really need to try them out first, Bishop and the other no -give machines have a totally different feel from adjustable hit machines like the dragonfly...Once you figure out with you like better ( N2 setups have a dampened hit if I remember right )...

biggboy
03-27-2012, 11:04 PM
its all a personal prefrence.i find that rotary works and kubin mini crankers are well rounded machines..:)

graveghoul
03-27-2012, 11:35 PM
I got anxious to see what all the fuss was about so i ordered the Inkjecta. If i dont like it, do you think anyone here or on ebay would take it off my hands relatively quickly?

Administrator
03-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Ebay or you can entertain trade offers here.

Brian Russell
03-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Stigma Hyper is amazing

Lil off topic, but does the Hyper feel like a swashdrive when lining?

Blondan
03-28-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm looking for one so let me know, I can also trade a dragonfly for it so you get the chance to try them both. You get rid of the dragonfly very easy.