PDA

View Full Version : whats up with neumas?

eric03
03-26-2012, 05:46 AM
so, maybe i missed the info but are neumas still being made? the website doesn't work, the fb page is from last year n eikon n other websites don't sell them n e more. I'm seeing them occasionally on ebay n wanna get the hybrid but don't wanna buy it if the company is kaput.

Tat2dPinoy
03-26-2012, 07:33 AM
The latest that I've heard, they shut the website and phone lines down to catch up on backorders, Carson is on the road, and they are moving out of a large warehouse. Either way, all this cannot be good. If you are looking for similar electric rotary with the cushion inserts, I would recommend the ACTION rotary. All the benefits of the hybrid without any of the drawbacks. If pneumatic is your thing, the INTUITION has just been released and the waiting list is being filled first (I'm on the list! woo hoo). Hope this helps!

eric03
03-26-2012, 07:55 AM
thanks. yea, those were the rumblings i heard too. i always loved the look n feel of the neumas.i had one of the originals but sold it bc i left the shop that had the compressor n i couldn't afford one at the time. i keep seeing them on ebay but keep backing out of following through bc I'm afraid once i have it, if something goes wrong, theres no one i can contact or buy parts .I'm gonna be buying the action in the coming weeks though n the intuition looks awesome. lucky u to get on the list.haha. I'm really curious about those too. just wish they made an electric one as well;/

Sage Oz
03-26-2012, 01:10 PM
The Intuitions look awesome, and have a lot of major improvements over the neumas. I too am on the wait list...
Oh and they do make electric versions, it's called a swashdrive;)

inkinwi
03-26-2012, 01:52 PM
The internal parts of the neuma won't crap out on you, its a cast turbine, thats it. The only piece you need worry about is the air connector, but those can be purchased from granger and many other companies that supply pnuematic parts. As for the hybrid, I don't own any of them, and I'm sure theres some goodies in there that could potentially fail over time... which would be unfortunate if the company closes. I have a pair of original neumas, I love them but haven't used them in a year (no compressor anymore), so they sit in my drawer :/

Sage Oz
03-26-2012, 02:00 PM
The thin stainless steel inserts do need replacing too on occasion.

thesmokingmirror
03-26-2012, 03:28 PM
I was wondering about these machines also, didn't they have an issue with tattoos fading out or is that only when used for really detailed complicated designs?

asA
03-26-2012, 03:32 PM
I was wondering about these machines also, didn't they have an issue with tattoos fading out or is that only when used for really detailed complicated designs?Never had any issues with tattooed fading out an I used neumas for over 7 years. Detailed or not they do just fine.

Shizzai
03-26-2012, 06:23 PM
Neumas are decent machines, reliable, and easy to clean and work on, but god forbid you ever need ANYTHING from the company, because they will NOT help you. I made an order and waited 9 months in between emails with progressive amounts of animosity until I finally threatened legal action like 4 times and actually started speaking with a lawyer. After lying to me about shipping dates and blowing smoke up my ass through email upwards of 7 times (which I may add took about 2-3 weeks each time to get any response at all), they finally sent me a refund check, which I had to contact Carson Hill directly to get the ball rolling on, and they never sent anything explaining what was going on until after I had sent a mass email to around 60 of their customers who were going through the same thing in an attempt to collect plaintiffs for a class action (I made sure I sent a copy to their 'sales manager' as well). If they're not belly up yet, I predict they will be shortly, and if not, their reputation is shite now, at least to me. I have seething hatred for that whole crew now, they nearly ruined my career before it began, as I took out personal loans and went into near crippling debt trying to stay afloat while waiting on them.

I also have scores of time-stamped emails, receipts and documentation to back up everything I've just stated. (<--covering my ass)

eric03
03-26-2012, 08:22 PM
dang shizzai! thats what i was afraid of if i bought them off of ebay n they took a shit. what then? its what kinda scares me about buying a hawk. it feels like a lot of these machines either change so much that old parts are hard to find or not being produced at all. if cheyenne goes belly up n t-tech stops selling, then what? its like old entertainment systems like dreamcast or the atari jaguar.where are they now? they are just paper weights. i love my swashdrives gen 6's and i hate that they stopped making them. it just sucks that it seems like all these rotaries have a shelf life until the next one come along. it would just b nice to see one stand the test of time n stay around. thats why my next one will be a tattooed pirate machine. just waiting for them to get back in stock.

Shizzai
03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
That's the exact reason I deal with Cary now. Traded my Neuma for a Rapier II on here, and fell in love with the machine, so I got in contact with Cary about ordering another one and it was like a breath of fresh air, dude got back to me very quickly, gave me his cell number, we chatted for a while, and got everything lined up. After dealing with Neuma, customer service is one of my biggest considerations when choosing builders.

eric03
03-26-2012, 09:09 PM
thats awesome. i really am looking forward to ordering a machine from him. I'm just waiting till the treasure chest machine is back in stock. otherwise, the rapier 2 might b first if i get impatient.haha.if ur a fan of customer service, critical power supply also has prob the best customer service i have dealt with so far.great ppl and very helpful. i don't thnk ill own another power supply from n e one else. not to mention their power supplies are amazing!

Shizzai
03-26-2012, 09:11 PM
I run an EMS 300 and it is awesome. If it ever craps out or I need a back-up though, I'll def look into critical. I buy a lot of stuff from Eikon though, so I may have to fight my loyalty over it hehe.

asA
03-26-2012, 09:46 PM
dang shizzai! thats what i was afraid of if i bought them off of ebay n they took a shit. what then? its what kinda scares me about buying a hawk. it feels like a lot of these machines either change so much that old parts are hard to find or not being produced at all. if cheyenne goes belly up n t-tech stops selling, then what? its like old entertainment systems like dreamcast or the atari jaguar.where are they now? they are just paper weights. i love my swashdrives gen 6's and i hate that they stopped making them. it just sucks that it seems like all these rotaries have a shelf life until the next one come along. it would just b nice to see one stand the test of time n stay around. thats why my next one will be a tattooed pirate machine. just waiting for them to get back in stock. I think you worry to much bro. Eventually there will be upgrades and improvements. And a machine is like a days worth of work. Buy things cause they will improve your craft. If it goes outta business it's only cause something better came along.

eric03
03-26-2012, 10:11 PM
thats true asA but u know how most of us are. if somethings not broke don't fix it.lol. i like trying new things to make me better but i also have loyalty issues n i like the machines i got. everyone has their favorites. its hard to move on to a new favorite sometimes. i agree with ya though. i probably worry too much.haha.

slicksteel
03-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Hell if you use the machine for awhile it paid for it self, nothing lasts forever.Most of the time if it did you would get bored of using it and want something new or like it anyways.

eric03
03-26-2012, 11:25 PM
well again, i agree with the whole there will always b someone building a better machine but coils have been around for years n still haven't changed too much. i still have 2 coils but i have been using rotaries for 5 years now exclusively. i just think it would b cool to have a rotary that can stand the test of time like most of the coil builders have done. changing the look is one thing but being able to count on a machine that can have replacement parts or a company that might stick around longer than to just make money for their new products would b a great thing to see. maybe I'm alone in this thinking but wanting to try new machines while still feeling the sense of dependability from a company would b a great thing. .thats all I'm saying. whatever though. just was curious about the neumas really. now i know.haha.thanks.

slicksteel
03-27-2012, 12:24 AM
I would say so NEO TAT & ROTARYWORKS and TATTOOEDPIRATE have stood the test of time so far!

eric03
03-27-2012, 12:44 AM
yup i know. thats why I'm waiting for the new stock of tattooed pirates.u don't gotta yell at me.sheeeesh.haha.

slicksteel
03-27-2012, 01:09 AM
ahahah just trying to give them their props! lol:p

johndameart
06-27-2012, 05:06 PM
ive NEVER had any problems from neuma at all, they got so swamped quickly too because of so many orders which im sure he wasn't expecting. I just have to understand that they may be behind, and isnt necessarily his fault either. just give them time to catch up.