PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot Remix 1.0 it's all mine!!!

Invertedpixel
03-27-2012, 06:37 PM
So I purchased this machine from Brian at Special Technique ( great experience! ). He posted this machine up a couple of weeks ago...I thought it was about the sexiest tattoo machine I'd laid eyes on.

I've been running it for a couple of days now and it is an outstanding machine. It is EXTREMELY light...which I really like! It still feels nice and solid though...it is a very well thought out and put together machine.

It has a real nice solid hit, not too hard, not wimpy either. Also there's a little something going on that ever so slightly dampens the hit and makes it feel really similar to a coiled machine when running lines. Not stitchy like other linear drive rotaries... I really wasn't convinced on rotaries for lining, but this machine has sold me!

This machine also pushes mags without breaking a sweat! I was packing color with a 17 mag and getting solid saturation on a single pass...

I'm really happy with this machine! Thanks Brian for being a killer craftsman and Alie K. needs props for running such an awesome forum that makes these kinds of exchanges possible!

Brian Russell
03-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Whoa....I would do unforgivable things for one of those.

aurelien
03-28-2012, 03:34 PM
That's a great looking machine congrats ! I heard that Special techniques where more shading orientated, but if it can line too this is even better and maybe sold me to get one, one day ! Thanks for the review

Brian
03-29-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm happy you wound up with that machine, it's truly a one off and not likely to be repeated because it was a combination of old stock and new technology...

Thanks for the review and Alie K (and her crew) certainly deserve props for their hard work to bring us this awesome forum...

That's a great looking machine congrats ! I heard that Special techniques where more shading orientated, but if it can line too this is even better and maybe sold me to get one, one day ! Thanks for the review

Our machines have always been good liners but were more focused on packing color fast and working with large mags.. The Traxis has changed the game for us and offers the best of both worlds, they are very accurate liners with a coil machine feel but still pack color and shade with ease...

Brian
03-29-2012, 12:07 AM
I just noticed, I love the fact that you have a blue tube and rubber band....lol