PDA

View Full Version : 4 Month old NeoTat Vivace...stopped

BambiKhan
03-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi, I've been lurking this forum for a long time now, and bought my (now problem) much Beloved Vivace Neotat based on what I've read here. It lines like a dream, which is why I'd like to get it back up and running ASAP.

I was just finishing up my lining, when it hit the bottom of its cycle, and stopped. Release the foot pedal, and it returns to its up position. Power, and it hits bottom and stops again. It feels exactly like when a coil machine shorts and the magnets won't relaease the armature bar.

I'm running an Eikon 200, clip cord(i watch the polarities), and run it around 10v.

Help, I've got a Giant 10 hour day ahead, and I need my daily driver back!

ckjr
03-29-2012, 07:35 PM
pull the motor out and run it. If it works clean and oil the slide, check the bearing. If the motor doesn't work, get a new one

slicksteel
03-29-2012, 07:39 PM
yea they are made to pull apart easy and check n clean.

BambiKhan
03-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Its the spring! It's broken in three places. (I asked the facebook forum)

I dont have a replacement...does anyone have any idea what the replacement part would be?

slicksteel
03-29-2012, 08:02 PM
It will run better without the spring it will just stick out like a directdrive or a nedz-you could get a spring at a local hobby store or ace hardware until you get one from neo.

asA
03-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Stay up springs or return springs are for sissies anyways.

slicksteel
03-29-2012, 08:16 PM
It will run better without the spring it will just stick out like a directdrive or a nedz-you could get a spring at a local hobby store or ace hardware until you get one from neo.
lol I second that!they run much smoother and less stress on the motor.

BambiKhan
03-29-2012, 09:45 PM
After an hour and a half( as well as getting lost on the way back) There's a new spring in the bottom, although its a little shorter. If I'm feeling whimsical I'm going to try to run it without the spring, just to see! Thanks guys. :)

Brian Russell
03-30-2012, 01:41 AM
After an hour and a half( as well as getting lost on the way back) There's a new spring in the bottom, although its a little shorter. If I'm feeling whimsical I'm going to try to run it without the spring, just to see! Thanks guys. :)

Please post your results if you do try it without the spring, I may try it as well.

biggboy
03-30-2012, 04:47 AM

i'm asuming its the little spring in front of the slider,since its the only one?does it make it noisier with out it?i just mite have to try it.i have a vivace 2.5 mm,i use for black n gray..

slicksteel
03-30-2012, 11:32 AM
Yep same spring ,Smoother & less volts and when you have the needles out on a full stroke you set the tube tip to the actual needle want to be out-seems weird at first because were used to coils but after you use it that way awhile, it is much easier to see the true stoke of the machine and actually set it to were you want it.

biggboy
03-30-2012, 12:51 PM
thanks for info,thats pretty much how i have been setting my machines having the needles out on full stroke and udjusting my tube for needle depth.the vivace was the only one i wasnt able to,but i had it figured.but now that i know about the spring i'm gonna try it.thanks.

Yep same spring ,Smoother & less volts and when you have the needles out on a full stroke you set the tube tip to the actual needle want to be out-seems weird at first because were used to coils but after you use it that way awhile, it is much easier to see the true stoke of the machine and actually set it to were you want it.

biggboy
03-30-2012, 09:30 PM
so i took the spring out of my vivace...and wow..it made a big difference in performance..:)

inkinwi
03-30-2012, 10:31 PM
It will run lower volts yes, but it does increase the noise.