PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Review...

skinmech
03-31-2012, 09:44 AM
In my opinion,The Bishop is quite simply one of the easiest Rotaries to use for all aspects of Colour work, from Soft Shading, B&G to Saturation/Packing.I would class this as a no Give Machine, so, the only adjustment needed is Increasing or Decreasing the Volts. Obviously, handspeed and technique also play a small factor,but,you know that anyway.Nice light Machine, beautifully balanced and artistically designed. Cleaning is easy as is Servicing, access to serviceable parts is via the rear panel, total job is less than 5 mins. I like the way The Bishop sits on the hand, is easily maneuvered, will handle a 15 mag with ease, and an 18RS was a joy to use.I have no doubt it will push larger groupings.The only Lining I used it for was running an 11RS for some Cloud work, again, was faultless.I know Volts play an important part,in a Review, but, so does Ink Consistency and Skin Type and Placement, so for Colouring it runs in the Powerband of 8V-10V,s I had no need to run it any higher for the groupings I use ..I know the new " Capo" has been released,however, if you haven't tried one of these, you might just be missing something pretty special. The Bishop reminds me of all the great points of the Rotaryworks Classic, in that it is a no nonsence, no drama work horse, but it is better dressed, and doesn't need bands. I probably could justify the price difference between the two,,just...Will be interesting to see the difference between The Bishop and The Capo..

Sage Oz
03-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Weird I'm only seeing one line and alot of blank space here...

Baldrick
03-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Really !! It's probably a washer causing a problem ;)

skinmech
03-31-2012, 01:42 PM
OOOPS..MY Fault Stupidity and Beer doesn't Mix...try it now.I place reviews on more than one forum, and sometimes shortcuts don't work....:confused:

Baldrick
03-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah it's there now ;)

skinmech
03-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Ahhhhhh that's cause I switched to Cider.....Apples from the Gods....;)

Sage Oz
03-31-2012, 01:59 PM
OOOPS..MY Fault Stupidity and Beer doesn't Mix...try it now.I place reviews on more than one forum, and sometimes shortcuts don't work....:confused:

There are OTHER forums?!?

skinmech
03-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Yep Sage LOL :cool:...and every now and again,my impartial, and IMHO :rolleyes:.....Educated review may generate a response, be it in agreement, or dismissal of my review. My personal view is simple, when it comes to Machines, be it Rotary or Coils, the Initial outlay or Cost can be expensive, and can prevent potential purchases..This prevents people "trying b4 buying"...Sadly nobody, will ever be able to"test drive" every machine, but some of us give an opinion.I look on a review as an insight to a Machine, not, an instruction manual.Maybe Builders could throw out more prototypes, so when the Build is "sorted" production costs are less cos all the Bugs are "sorted"....Peace P.

skinmech
03-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Would any of the Peeps on here spend 500 Bucks on a Car without test Driving It.......Only asking.....

aurelien
03-31-2012, 03:39 PM
You're reviews are always a pleasure to read. seriously. However I think that they should have been 2 different topics just to avoid confusion :) But really, you sould have your section in skin deep or whatever.

skinmech
03-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Point taken aurelien......I split them...

Bishopbyname
04-01-2012, 05:32 AM
This thread is called reviews and comparisons afterall. How can you compare without reviewing 2 machines together? They are similar machines: linear slides, needle clips, similar size and weight etc...

Great review mate. My Neo-Tat Vivace is my go to machine after using rotaries for about a year and trying close to 20 different machines.

skinmech
04-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Well I try my best...:D...It is soooo hard to do a Review on Machines, especially ones that have been round for a while,,why? Well it's simple, if ya liked it you still have it, if not you have traded/sold it.....Too many times peeps get rid of machines without trying out all the possibilities of the Build...

FRANCO VESCOVI
04-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks man. I really believe in less. Owing parts and simple care. Makes a difference and keeps the headaches down!!

skinmech
04-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Yep no need for "Bells and Whistles"..I just want to "load and lay", without any drama.I can't wait to try the Capo..

FRANCO VESCOVI
04-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Bells n whissles are for cars lol. Making capos as we speak!!

jesoner79
04-02-2012, 08:36 PM
i wanna get a capo too where do u get em

FRANCO VESCOVI
04-02-2012, 08:40 PM
Email me at [email protected] and I'll walk you through the process. Thanx jesoner79

Administrator
04-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I will take this oppertunity to mention, all builders on this site do take the time to answer questions and help when they can. Remember they are busy and usually only keep the accounts on here to themselves. Whenever possible if you want to place orders or inquire about placing orders contact them directly. Sending PMs will usually just slow things down. I only mention this cause I have had a few builders on here say they have trouble keeping up with PMs when people as trying to buy from them via PM and not by the usual route of Email, phone of the shopping cart on their site.

jesoner79
04-02-2012, 09:07 PM
i apologize for that then i will contact you thru your website thank you

skinmech
04-04-2012, 06:06 AM
I need to get a Capo...